Xbox "Next" or "Infinity" reveal thread. Today is the big day!

Companies price things differently in different regions. The US has a lower minimum wage, more people close to it, vastly more income inequality, and people get screwed with their healthcare costs. Thus, stuff is generally cheaper in the US than it is in the EU or AUS. Much like how shit is cheaper in China or Mexico than it is in the US. That's just capitalism at work. Want cheaper goods, move your country closer to a shit hole and shit will get cheaper. Live in a nicer place and shit gets more expensive. This is not that hard.

It's not an insult to Australia, it's a compliment. Shit costs less here because vast swaths of the US are backwards shit holes racing to become the next China. As such pricing for goods is adjusted.

I posted links to wikipedia with facts that prove all of your points wrong.
Please stop posting your political BS in the gaming forums, especially when it is proven factually incorrect.

Microsoft investing $1 billion into games on Xbox One

Microsoft is investing $1 billion into games on the Xbox One, financing not only new studios but also securing exclusives for Microsoft's next-generation console. This is an unprecedented investment for Microsoft, much more than its most expensive game yet, Halo 4.

Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer told OXM Rare is returning to one of its older franchises (Killer Instinct, anyone?) and Black Tusk Studios is hard at work on Microsoft's next big franchise. Lift London is working on smaller cloud-based games, while Microsoft Studios Osaka has a project under way - something Don Mattrick says will illustrate how Microsoft is "committed" to Japan. Finally, Press Play and Twisted Pixel are in Microsoft's bullpen, working on "weird, unique" games for Xbox Live.

Full JoyStiq Article

I'll be curious to see what Rare is working on, as well as Black Tusk Studios.

I posted links to wikipedia with facts that prove all of your points wrong.

I see that one of the facts on wikipedia is that Australian median family income is slightly lower than US median family income.

The second article you linked says that it costs about 66% more to live in Australia than the US.

I don't see how the GDP map you linked relates to the conversation.

Going back to the points made:
AU average pay is higher (not dis-proven, but median family income is lower so likely untrue)
AU has cheaper cost of living (dis-proven)
AU has cheaper health care (not addressed)
AU people get to keep more of their cash (not addressed)

The minimum wage is more in the US, healthcare costs more, more people are closer to the wage in the US and income inequality is worse here. As such, you're average US consumer has far less in income and manages to keep far less out of pocket. That's free market capitalism at work, but the downside is we get shit cheaper. You guys are on average paid a good bit more, have cheaper cost of living, cheaper and better health care, and get to keep more of your cash.

Some countries are worse than the US and guess what... games are cheaper there. But trust me, you're better off in AUS than the US. A game costs vastly more of the average average workers wage (without taking into account we pay more for healthcare than it does in AUS). They're making up for the fact the US is going to shit. Has been since Reagan.

You need to refresh your definition of free market capitalism, since it exists in neither America nor Australia.

A future FS/FT forum post a few years from now:

FS Used Xbox One Games (accounts included)

"cod5acct1" - Call of Duty 5 - $60

"halloo6acct2" - Halo 6 - $70

"assncred9" - Assassin's Creed 9 - $65

"frzafrza5" - Forza 5 - $60

When sold, buyers will get the user name and password shipped with their game.

Priority mail shipped to all 48 continental US states, PM if you live in Canada, Hawaii, or Alaska.

Amazon Payments or PayPal Verified accounts ONLY!​

That's what I do with my textbooks ever since most tie an online access code to an account to counter used book sales.

Back