XBOX Music Pass - 1 year - $49.99 - today only (12/15)

waderunner

[H]ard|Gawd
Link

May interest some... I used to be a month-to-month subscriber to Zune Music Pass.

Good service, I thought. I'm going to give this a try for a year. For less than $5 / month, not a bad deal...

We got to the store hours late yesterday and were still able to pick up two passes for $29.99 and another, third one for $49.99. Wow. What an amazing deal. People are so stupid for letting this one pass! :)

We got to the store hours late yesterday and were still able to pick up two passes for $29.99 and another, third one for $49.99. Wow. What an amazing deal. People are so stupid for letting this one pass! :)

Congrats.

I picked up a pass online for 49, happy with it for now. I've had a windows phone for three years now and love it, first time getting the pass.

Nokia has a superior music app for now, hoping the acquisition will merge the two services and really kick @ss.

I use this a lot while MTB/Road cycling as well as gym workouts. Now with the Xbox One the music app is not too bad.

Pain to get them all linked the first time though.

Yeah one of the advantages of MS buying Nokia is that all the software that was exclusive to Nokia should now be made available to all windows phone OEMs. But who knows MS can drop the ball on anything at anytime. (< angry MS mesh user)

+1billion

Mesh was such a great feature. I was totally dumbfounded when it was unceremoniously dumped.

That's the problem with these MS marketing initiatives, theyre liable to drop them and overnight in their next overreaction to whatever entrenched !market leader is doing better than them. Still have a Zune, and still annoyed support was unceremoniously dropped so never again.

Still have a Zune, and still annoyed support was unceremoniously dropped so never again.

By 'support was dropped', do you mean just that they no longer make or sell the Zune? Or maybe they've made some official announcement about lack of support.

In any case, my Zune HDs still work fine with the Zune software (even on Windows 8.1). And I can use my recently purchased XBOX Music Pass account with the Zune software, and download XBOX music to the Zunes. In fact, I can find artists through the Zune software that aren't discoverable through the XBOX interface, for whatever reason (maybe they haven't been indexed yet for XBOX, or those artists have more restrictive licensing deals).

I am wondering, however, when that compatibility will end. I'm hoping that by the time my Zunes die, or the Zune software becomes incompatible with the MS music service or Windows OS, I'll have moved on to some newer portable device compatible with Microsoft music services (Windows phone, or whatever might be available in the future). Or, I'll have to switch music services.

I still have the 10 free DRM-free dl's per month on my 2 Zune HDs. They work fine for me. Some things don't like removal of apps, but I never used them anyway.

I still have my Zune account with 10 free dls per month - and that works with xbox one for music pass...so why buy a music pass??

I am but is sounds like others bought xbox music pass even though they had a zune account.

Stupid for wanting music at a higher bitrate than 192?

Stupid for wanting music at a higher bitrate than 192?

My whole collection is about 12,000 records in FLAC format here. But if you think the Xbox music pass is about the fact that they stream at 192 then you really need to do more research into all the benefits of the pass. I'm don't care enough about you to explain it to you but it's super easy to find out with those fancy search-engine thingies they have on this inter-tube thang.

I would apologize for hurting your feelings but the reflexive and defensive reply has convinced me that you don't care, as you already stated.

By 'support was dropped', do you mean just that they no longer make or sell the Zune? Or maybe they've made some official announcement about lack of support.

In any case, my Zune HDs still work fine with the Zune software (even on Windows 8.1). And I can use my recently purchased XBOX Music Pass account with the Zune software, and download XBOX music to the Zunes. In fact, I can find artists through the Zune software that aren't discoverable through the XBOX interface, for whatever reason (maybe they haven't been indexed yet for XBOX, or those artists have more restrictive licensing deals).

I am wondering, however, when that compatibility will end. I'm hoping that by the time my Zunes die, or the Zune software becomes incompatible with the MS music service or Windows OS, I'll have moved on to some newer portable device compatible with Microsoft music services (Windows phone, or whatever might be available in the future). Or, I'll have to switch music services.

I had Zune/Xbox Music service for four years and finally gave up on it in Jan. and moved to Spotify (which is terrific). My main issue was the software wasn't compatible with any other hardware than Windows-based devices. MSFT dragged their feet and was 8 months late on delivery of their Android app -- and I had already gotten rid of my Xbox and Windows Phone earlier this year.

So the deal is over?

Could someone who enjoys record/ cd quality music explain to me what they like about this or spotify?

To sample music?

thanks

So the deal is over?

Could someone who enjoys record/ cd quality music explain to me what they like about this or spotify?

To sample music?

thanks

A: I have a Zune HD, and this is the software that works with it.
B: It's multiplatform (including Xbox of course), can live in a browser, has a mini player that can pop out from the browser.
C: The Zune software is freaking amazing compared to just about everything else out there.
D: Has essentially the same selection as the other guys, though sometimes less indie stuff.

I had spotify, and while I liked it well enough, I thought the software was pretty mediocre. Sure, the social integration was neat, but I never used it. I also wasn't impressed with it's radio functions. The Zune radio function keeps the song selection a little tighter to the source track/artist/album. So, if you want an appfor discovery, spotify might be better. If you want a radio that plays music more closely related to the source, go Xbox.

Does anyone know how it compares in terms of audio quality? I know mog is supposed to be the best and spotify is not as good.

Sometimes companies can be a bit sneaky and tricky and even if their streams are high bit rates, the quality is poor.

Back