xbox mod...

xxervio

n00b
xboxc3.jpg

xboxc.jpg

xboxc1.jpg

xboxc2.jpg

if you noticed the top was up a little bit but that was when i took the pic, the top is now flush with everything else.
xbox2.jpg

xbox3.jpg

xbox5.jpg

it looks great... i assume you didnt have room for the fan inside so you put it outside... it needs a fangrill... but leds look great. i dont exactly see the flames fitting in

When I first saw this thread's title, I was thinking "Oh god, not another single-tone painted xbox with a green jewel and unaltered lights", but thanks for proving me wrong. It's very unique, it looks very very nice, and its something I have never seen it before. I am deffinitly starting to get sick of the dvd windows, glowing jewels, simple paintjobs, and different colored LED's.

i was thinking the same thing on the grill for the fan. I ordered a blue mirrored fire skull for the middle. we will see what that looks like.

dawtips said:
its just an xbox... nothing different with the specs

I beg to differ. There are lots of things different with the xbox, and its not just an xbox.

There are newer versions of xbox and older ones, some have different CD Roms , some play only CD-Rs some play both CD-R and RW. He might have modded it and have a bigger hard drive, multiple hard drives? Theres lots you can do to an xbox. I was just wondering.

Thanks for adding pics. That looks great. But mostly I like the fact that it is original. To me at least.

specs are as follows.

version 1.0 xbox
TSOP flashed
160 gig maxtor
Avaluanch dashboard with dvd2xbox and hddloader.
it's got the phillips belly drive (god awful).
the fan on top of course is for extra cooling.

Even with a lot of reading I still can't work out how to mod mine, what version my xbox is etc.

I wish there was a check list.

If it's "this" xbox version then you need to order "this solder in chip" or "this no solderless chip"

You'll need "this" tools and "this" time

and "this" is how to do it

I guess I'm kinda frustrated with everything

get the x-chip with the solderless adaptor, it works for all xbox and its very very easy to mod.

prowebix said:
Even with a lot of reading I still can't work out how to mod mine, what version my xbox is etc.

I wish there was a check list.

If it's "this" xbox version then you need to order "this solder in chip" or "this no solderless chip"

You'll need "this" tools and "this" time

and "this" is how to do it

I guess I'm kinda frustrated with everything

To find your version
http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions_1.php

and check out that site in general and their forums for A LOT of information on other topics

MaMMa said:
get the x-chip with the solderless adaptor, it works for all xbox and its very very easy to mod.

You HAVE to solder on the new x-boxs, no way around it.

the new v1.6 require you to solder 6 wires from different points on the mobo to the pinheader points. In the new version they left the traces off the mobo so that the pin header holes wouldn't work.

The "no chip/no soldering soft mod" will work on almost all XBOX's.... unless you have used XBOX live, they use that to patch the hole left open. New XBOX's (shipped to stores within the last few months, may have the update already in place. So your pretty much stuck with a chip but there are some out there that dont require soldering and work just as well.

if your afraid of soldering, get someone else to do it, my friend talked to someone on xbox-scene forums and he did it for him, if you go this route, make sure u turn it on in front of the guy so you both know its working before hand

There was a way to flash the onboard BIOS with very little soldering required (one or two little spots to connect two points), but with the new v1.6 boxs there is no way to flash the BIOS. You can still use the save game exploits and a signed phoenix BIOS loader to load up a hacked BIOS though.

looks pretty clean, i don't know if that is the photo but there looks to be 2 spots on the first picture. is there LEDs in it.

xxervio said:
looks pretty clean, i don't know if that is the photo but there looks to be 2 spots on the first picture. is there LEDs in it.

yea thats the photo, no spots in my beauty :)... yea it has 8 LED"s hotglued around the center

That xbox looks damn nice n64!

BTW, that was my xbox... :p I'm glad to see it in good hands! ;) :D

bobsaget said:
That xbox looks damn nice n64!

BTW, that was my xbox... :p I'm glad to see it in good hands! ;) :D

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA (btw all this dude sold it to me for 50$!)

That's a nice mod. It does seem like overkill a little bit, especially because it's a Xbox ;)

Javelin3o4 nice Xbox, I like how you put a personal theme into it rather than just a color scheme.

Back