Xbox Media Center

can you please explain a little better how you got the dvds to play through the network on xbmc

thanks

I thought the Xboxes could play MPEG2 video, if so I would assume that it's just playing a ripped-to-mpeg2 DVD.

read that thread..he mentions a program he wrote for the dvds....he also states he is going to post the program for others to use.

sigh..reminds me of the days when I used to mod xboxes. Now, the xbox is just sitting there... :confused:

took the old xbox off the shelve and im going to order my chips today for a mod.

CrimandEvil said:
I thought the Xboxes could play MPEG2 video, if so I would assume that it's just playing a ripped-to-mpeg2 DVD.
thats a modded xbox, it will play divx, oh how i wish i still had my modded xbox i loved that thing, i didnt even play games on it.

It will play divx and xvid, bunch of other codecs. Supports mkv and ogm files, good for anime fans. H264 kind of brings the xbox to its knees though, I think you can use it at low bitrates though. But I encode most of my dvd's with divx 5.2 and run at 1080i fine. Uses milkdrop as a vis when playing music.

But storing DVD's as iso's seems like a huge waste of space when a simple divx/xvid encode can dramatically decrease the size depending on what bitrate you use. I cut each movie down to 2gb and burn 2 movies on a DVD.

You don't even need a big hard drive, you can just stream off your pc via a samba share or ccXstream Server GUI.

Back