xbox live subscription code? help?

nigerian_businessman

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought an xbox refurb from gamestop. I asked the guy in the store if everything I need to get on xbox live is in the box. Well, apparently thats not the case, because I need a subscription code. Now, I got a subscription code with one of the games I bought, but its expired and doesnt work. So it seems I'm left with these choices:

1. Buy a 12 month subscription that I can't afford right now because I didn't budget for it when buying the Xbox and 5 xbox live enabled games that were advertised to me as able to work out of the box.

2. Buy another game that I may or may not want and cannot afford right now to get another 2 month subscription code that may or may not be expired.

3. Go on ebay and BUY a 2 month FREE subscription, exactly like the one I have in my hand right now THAT DOESNT FUCKING WORK.

so um, im a little frustrated as you can see. anyone have any suggestions? I tried xbox support chat, they basically told me "boo hoo, just bend over and accept the ass reaming that is our retail subscription code bullshit". All I really want to do is subscribe and pay my $5.99 a month. I'm finding it really hard to believe that Microsoft is going out of their way to prevent me from spending money with them. The idea of having to go to a store and spend a bunch of money up front for this service after being lied to has left a real sour taste in my mouth, and I don't know if I'll be doing it. So, any suggestions? Anyone have a code they want to give or sell for a couple bucks? Maybe driving directions to the Microsoft campus so I can show up there with a Sten gun and find the sadistic son of a bitch who dreamed this clusterfuck of a subscription model up?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thats the way it works... you're gonna have to get over it... if it is expired, its expired. Nothing you can really do about it. Play you're PC game online for free. Cuase you can't play your xbox games online for free.

TheCreator said:
Don't you have a credit card? You could just pay for 1 month at a time...
Thats what im saying. I can't do that. Apparently the only way to get on xbox live is to go to a store and buy an actual physical card with a code on it which you then enter in to the new account system. After the subscription length of the card runs out, it reverts to the monthly billing.

I buckled down and got a 2 month sub off of ebay, found somone who you can call 24/7 and have a code in minutes, and it wasn't that expensive so what the hell.

Still pissed off though. Im gonna have some unkind words for the assholes at gamestop next time i'm in there.

Back