xbox live renewal question

Dome

2[H]4U
i saw yesterday that costco has 1 year gold subscriptions for 39 bucks, so i bought one as i'm due later this month.

my question is: do i have to wait to the last day to redeem if i want to avoid overlap? or will it tack on to the end of my current subscription? also, i assume if its been renewing w/ my card, that me redeeming will prevent that from happening, is that correct?

Your new resubscription won't start until the end of the previous one. Using a prepaid card will also move your credit card payment as optional rather then primary unless you fail to enter in a new card a year from now, it will then take the funds out of your CC

Your new resubscription won't start until the end of the previous one. Using a prepaid card will also move your credit card payment as optional rather then primary unless you fail to enter in a new card a year from now, it will then take the funds out of your CC

thanks much

I got 3 of them when they were on sale for $30 each. Entered in all 3 codes an I am good until 2012 :p

When I first switched from monthly renewal to a 12+1 month prepaid membership card, Microsoft charged me for one more month on my CC than what I expected them to. As I recall, customer service explained that I was in fact being charged at the end of each month of Live I used, rather than being billed pre-monthly usage. I couldn't remember at that point, but I pulled my CC # from them anyway. Unbelievable how difficult it was to simply remove my CC info.

When I first switched from monthly renewal to a 12+1 month prepaid membership card, Microsoft charged me for one more month on my CC than what I expected them to. As I recall, customer service explained that I was in fact being charged at the end of each month of Live I used, rather than being billed pre-monthly usage. I couldn't remember at that point, but I pulled my CC # from them anyway. Unbelievable how difficult it was to simply remove my CC info.

QFT. What a paint in the ass, and you HAVE to call in during business hours.:mad:

If you have a credit card tied to your account, it will automatically renew. If not, it will downgrade to silver.

I just upgraded today. I have been at silver for a few weeks and I also used a 12 month sub card from Costco. Good deal.

That costco deal is nice.

A while back when I renewed my XBL through MS, they offered me 12 months for $40. I don't know if that was a limited time thing or not...

Be funny if Live goes free in January. lol. ;)

Won't happen but it's a nice wish.

QFT. What a paint in the ass, and you HAVE to call in during business hours.:mad:

Why I refuse to give them my credit card #'s.

It took me less than a half hour round trip to acquire the Live card from Costco. :p

Or if you planned ahead you could have taken a 30 second round trip to the mailbox getting it from Amazon or Newegg.

I'm a new 360 owner and the 30 day trial's only for a new gamer tag; something I didn't know. So I had been playing under a new name, but didn't have access to some stuff unlocked on my old tag. Eventually I got tired of the inconvenience and ran out to Costco to play online with my cars that night. Had I ordered it then, it would have been a few days.

Of course you wouldn't know that because you've no idea who I am, yet freely offer up criticism anyway.

Back