Xbox live 12 month card $19.99 @ Target huge YMMV

Mike211

[H]ard|Gawd
In the Xbox 360 section look for a sign advertising the $399 Halo Reach bundle. In small print on the right hand side it says "Also Available Halo Reach 12 month card $19.99

P1020165-1.jpg

Last edited:
What is the normal price for a Halo Reach 12 month subscription card?

Did the cashier have to change the price or did it actually ring up at $19.99 all on it's own?

After the horror stories I've heard I wouldn't give Microsoft my credit card for $5 a year.

I don't know, maybe it's changed but I've heard about a hundred stories about how getting them to cancel your auto renew is like pulling teeth.

actually its not that hard. just go to the accounts section of your account and you can cancel your subsciption. I've done it for MS one care, and live without any issues.

actually its not that hard. just go to the accounts section of your account and you can cancel your subsciption. I've done it for MS one care, and live without any issues.

Same here, I've had to do the same.

Also, when was there a $29.99 XBL deal from the dashboard? Cheapest I've seen it on there was a month or two ago when it was $39.99 for 12 months. Edit: Nvm, just saw the link in Hotdeals. But it seems it's for silver members only..?

I'll have to check this out sometime this week too. Thanks, OP.

Same here, I've had to do the same.

Also, when was there a $29.99 XBL deal from the dashboard? Cheapest I've seen it on there was a month or two ago when it was $39.99 for 12 months. Edit: Nvm, just saw the link in Hotdeals. But it seems it's for silver members only..?

I'll have to check this out sometime this week too. Thanks, OP.

I've had a gold membership for a long time now, and I did the $29.99 deal last night when I saw the dashboard advertisement. My subscription now says "12 month gold 40%off" or something along those lines. However, I never got anything about the avatar item that supposedly came with that deal, so I'm wondering if it is set up properly.

Back on topic, you may be able to argue this with a manager, but that sign is incorrectly printed (I happen to work for said company). The only deal going on for that item this week is a $20 giftcard when you purchase the XBL card + Halo: Reach.

Went back to my local Target and bought another one for the same price $19.99.

P1020167-1.jpg

Last edited:
Scored!

Thanks OP, they only let me buy one and the manager immediately removed the sign. But I got mine! :D

Refused to honor it at Bailey's Crossroads location in VA. Guy was a complete jerk about it too and ended up just walking off.

Stopped by, they were marked 49.99

I grabbed about 20 cards and they rang up 49.99

I told them to put them back.

Central Arkansas

San Diego Mission Valley location was marked $49, too. Alas, oh well. I'm just hoping we'll get one last $30 card deal (not the subscribe deal, but an actual card deal) before they hike the prices.

San Diego Mission Valley location was marked $49, too. Alas, oh well. I'm just hoping we'll get one last $30 card deal (not the subscribe deal, but an actual card deal) before they hike the prices.

Escondido Store right off the I-15:

I called on the phone they said " NO NOT HERE", Went in store and saw the ad and picked up 10 cards, They'd only let me buy 2 but I'll be going back tomorrow. $43 for 2 cards.

My local still had the sign up, the kid in the dept had to call a manager who did give me a deal. However, as I was standing there they took the sign down. Whats funny is the the bundle deal says $19.99 as advertised, but on the card itself it says $49.99 as advertised. I also overhead the manager talking about sending an alert to other stores about the price error.

My Target said it was only if you buy the Xbox, but it says also available not if you buy both. So thats not fair right?

Success! Bought 3 of them in Des Moines, Iowa for $63.57 out the door. Not bad, 3 years of Xbox Live for the price of 1 year (soon to be $60/year).

Success! Bought 3 of them in Des Moines, Iowa for $63.57 out the door. Not bad, 3 years of Xbox Live for the price of 1 year (soon to be $60/year).

which one did you go to and did they take the sign down after you left? I went to the urbandale one and couldn't find a sign anywhere about this price :(

which one did you go to and did they take the sign down after you left? I went to the urbandale one and couldn't find a sign anywhere about this price :(

I went to the one in Clive. There was a guy ahead of me that bought 4 and I was right there when the employees were debating it, holding 3 of them. They rang up as $49.99 but he price matched each one individually for $20. When I left the area to go get rung up, he put the sign back, however when I went back to check after successfully purchasing mine, the sign was taken down.

He told me to take as many as I wanted but I thought 3 was enough. There were about 10 left after I was done. I'm going to save these and bite on the $30 12 month Xbox Live + Recon Avatar Helmet this weekend on Xbox Live.

My Target said it was only if you buy the Xbox, but it says also available not if you buy both. So thats not fair right?

Not true. Ask them to ring both up and the price for the card will not come down. It was a price mistake and I just claimed false advertisement. That's how I got my three cards at two different stores. You must demand to speak with a supervisor because I was refused by the regular employees at both stores.

quote from one of the supervisors about the employees that denied the sale, "Sorry about that Mr. *****, it is false advertisement and it was not their decision to make".

Last edited:
Checked the Targets in Alhambra and Rosemead California, both were a no go. Haven't yet checked the 2 stores in Pasadena. The Target in Rosemead did have a bunch of Bioshock 2 for PC selling at $14.98 though.

just came back from an adventorous road trip to TRU, BBY, & Target and scored a little at each location.

I started at target and went straight to the back and picked up 8 cards and headed to the front registers with a snapshot of the pricetag on my cellphone. The lady was just going to do it but decided to get on the walkie talkie lolz and it went downhill from there. I met a associate at the gaming section and he looked at the sign and argued that is for the 1600 points and some other crap and i stuck to my story. He would not let me have 8 cards lol and not even 5 so i got his manager info and corporate info and he called another asssociate. She claimed you have to get the bundle and it will package out and that was a FAIL they rang it all up and still not packaging out. So she said "let him have it". The associate who claimed he was the manager on duty would not let me since that would be discounting it by $240 so i pushed for 5 cards and he would not then i told him "Man come on work with me how about 3 of them". He finally gave in and gave me 3 of them for $64 w.tax and i walked out happy and they took down the sign

I went over to TRU to get the game it self and use the $5 off coupon and picked up the game Halo reach with free t-shirt and $20 gift card along with $5 off coupon so $59 w.tax

Went to BBY next door to piss them off a little and try my luck at a PM and see what they would say. The dude in the gaming section claimed different sku since they had a free t-shirt in the box and target was card only and said to go to customer service. They looked busy so i went to the front lanes and pulled out my cellphone and target receipts and the cutey took care of the Pricematch without a hitch no Mangers or nothing. Picked up 2 for $43 w tax.

IMAG0049.jpg

My local Target has a sign stating they will give you a $20 gift card with the purchase of the 12 month subscription & purchase of the game. Sucks

My local Target has a sign stating they will give you a $20 gift card with the purchase of the 12 month subscription & purchase of the game. Sucks

My Target, which is 30 min away, had this same deal... I was disappointed... :(

Escondido Store right off the I-15:

I called on the phone they said " NO NOT HERE", Went in store and saw the ad and picked up 10 cards, They'd only let me buy 2 but I'll be going back tomorrow. $43 for 2 cards.

Rule #1: Never call!

decided to stop at the other target near my house today and managed to snag one. They took the sign down while I was checking out

Back