Xbox Game Pass for PC - gives me errors every time I try to install a game :(

1635300577165.png

Stays stuck at this screen.

^^^ the absolute worst

everything has to be up to date to even install anything

the integration with the EA App is beyond attrotious. every time i start windows I need to kill the EA background app, clear cache using App Recovery, and start the EA App again. If not, the EA App stays stuck and all the buttons that should be marked Play show up as Loading... Then you've got that fuckin banner that shows up saying Things are taking longer than expected... No shit

I am not sure if MS fixed the locked folders, but if anything happens to your installs and you want to delete the game or games, you can't since the folders are locked.
The only option with Windows is to format the drive, so I ended up using an SSD dedicated to Xbox Game Pass games and another SSD for my Steam, Epic, and other games.

I am not sure if MS fixed the locked folders, but if anything happens to your installs and you want to delete the game or games, you can't since the folders are locked.
The only option with Windows is to format the drive, so I ended up using an SSD dedicated to Xbox Game Pass games and another SSD for my Steam, Epic, and other games.
That's not true. You just have to do some steps with security permissions with the file system, but you can delete them.

See the bottom half of this web page - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delete-windowsapps-folder-windows-10

Glad you fixed it, their entire store ecosystem is so buggy. it seems I lose at least a day a year trying to troubleshoot microshits gamepass and store. Always reminds me why microsoft is just the worst, they have no excuse for how sloppy their programing is other than their own stupidity.

The Windows 10/11 apps folder is hell. I've attempted to fix certain games that have config files (or even a DX11 executable) hiding in there. Every time I've tried, it never works well things fully go awry. Be careful giving yourself permissions for that entire folder, too. Some system apps really don't like that.

This happened to me in that it would not connect to xbox live with my microsoft account. It worked fine with a local account. No amount of cmdline or powershell fu**ery fixed it, in the end to make it work I had to delete the microsoft account and recreate it. Then it worked. The problem was with every game though, not just Back 4 Blood.

This happened to me in that it would not connect to xbox live with my microsoft account. It worked fine with a local account. No amount of cmdline or powershell fu**ery fixed it, in the end to make it work I had to delete the microsoft account and recreate it. Then it worked. The problem was with every game though, not just Back 4 Blood.
Your Microsoft account with the Xbox Game Pass subscription has to be tied to the account you sign into Windows with.

Your Microsoft account with the Xbox Game Pass subscription has to be tied to the account you sign into Windows with.
It is, and it was since last December until it broke when I built a new PC on 5th july. A local account different from the one I sign into xbox game pass with worked fine though so I don't know about your second clause.

I had a very similar problem where I couldn't even install the Xbox app. I had to reset the Windows store, restart, and then install the app from the Windows Store and then it worked.

I went to install Back 4 Blood and it froze at 3%, but then when I tried to cancel and reinstall, it was magically complete and worked fine.

Back