Xbox DVD Window/Paint Job

R3PL1C4

n00b
This is my first real extensive case mod. My Xbox is a v1.1 with a Xecuter 2.2.
(I'm sorry for bad quality pics, i'll see if i can my hand on a better camera)

After Paint Job
AUT_0280.JPG

AUT_0281.JPG

Window Mod
1.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Crappy pics but it looks great. I really like the window and the red xbox. :cool:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and advice. Im going to replace the jewel and add some LED's in the window or something to that extent. Il also give that controller Mod a try.

R3PL1C4 said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback and advice. Im going to replace the jewel and add some LED's in the window or something to that extent. Il also give that controller Mod a try.
Very nice, Replica. Did you use my PS2 window mod as inspiration? I think that console modding is gonna take off just like PC mods have.....
Here's my web addy for the PS2 mod:

PS2 Window Mod

I was thinking of painting my ps2 cover a different color. The color probably a green,red or blue. I do know you must remove the cover and know how to do it.
I was wondering what type of paint do I need and do I need to sand,prime etc?

MentallyNormal said:
I was thinking of painting my ps2 cover a different color. The color probably a green,red or blue. I do know you must remove the cover and know how to do it.
I was wondering what type of paint do I need and do I need to sand,prime etc?

I'm in a proccess of painting my ps2 case.. and I suggest priming - I remember bonz's ps2 case and he sanded and primed before painting..

looks nice, im in the proceess of doing the same thing. Silver + blue and a cutout where the logo was. maybe one of these days i'll clearcoat it so i can put it back together.

Back