Xbox Chief Apologizes For Sexy Dancers At GDC Party

lol this she is just use to all the guys looking at her because IT is still a male dominated position. And when a women see's another woman that looks much better than her and gets all the attention the jealously alarm goes off :)

Right. Because if the woman looked like a supermodel, her complaint should be taken way more seriously. You know...because only really hot, sexy women are allowed to complain about being objectified by men.

I'm sick of everyone being offended by everything as much as the next guy, but I can at least say that these dancers were probably poor taste for a company like Microsoft.

Right. Because if the woman looked like a supermodel, her complaint should be taken way more seriously. You know...because only really hot, sexy women are allowed to complain about being objectified by men.

I guess I missed the part where the actual performers whined about being "objectified."

I guess I missed the part where the actual performers whined about being "objectified."
The article didn't say that, of course. It was the commenter I quoted who suggested that the reason the woman who complained only did so because her "jealously (sic) alarm goes off." I guess that means only insecure, "unattractive" women get offended by having women dressed as school girls perform at a Microsoft sponsored event.

wtf guys. This conversation has deviated so far offcourse. Let us bring this back to "sexy dancers at microsoft show" and link videos and shit. Let the feminist have her pizza, I want to see what product these girls are promoting!!

At one of the CPLs they had strippers. It was awkward seeing 17 year old gamers getting lap dances.

Yeah definately. I can see how a 17 year old suffered (a boner) in the situation. Sex is the most natural and greatest thing in the world and dumb-ass moralists are spoiling it for everyone.

It is better to just apologize than to let this non-issue snowball out of control. Good for MS for taking the smart route out of this no win situation. Even women are stirring up shit these days. Now men have to deal with women too and it's absolutely a no win dilemma.

Good to see I'm not the only person who always do an image search of the name immediately to put a face on the accuser. I always find the faces pretty much match the shit they're stirring up. That one sided shaved head pretty much tells it all.

Femnazi's they are their own worst enemy.

You can bet those sexy dancers made bank at the event... looks like they won't get any more jobs out of it.

Want to know part of the reason there isn't more women in tech? because self righteous bitches like this suck all the fun out of everything they touch. I wouldn't want her around or have to work with her either if this is how she's going to act.

"When we do the opposite, and create an environment that alienates or offends any group, we justly deserve the criticism"

so one uptight person is a group? wtf is the world coming to that one person gets offended by something and causes shit like this. if they were offended they should have removed themselves from the situation. 99.99% of attendees were cool with it, fuck off....

So....what does M$ policy say about alienating and offending a large group of Win7 users? Fair is fair. Win 10 forced march upgrade degrades my humanity and my computer. Will we, the oppressed Win7 users, get a formal apology or just another unrequested popup for a 'free' W10 upgrade that is neither free nor an upgrade?

Well, you can't really have parties like that as a corporation nowadays. If it were still just guys in the office and they had some girls in like this, it would most likely be fine to have a party like that. But I don't think it really works with mixed company. You end up with hurt feelings and an unprofessional atmosphere because it unleashes sexually competitive instincts in women that result in them either making complaints like this, or seeking validation in ways that aren't conducive to a productive environment.

Probably would have been better for the guys to just meet at an unrelated event outside of work with a few of their buddies at a bar, off the record, to celebrate without the office girls around. Then they still get to celebrate, and the office girls don't have to see anything that offends them.

Basically, just because the women can share in the work doesn't necessarily mean they should be part of the celebration. At least, not that kind of celebration. An awards ceremony, a formal luncheon, sure... but not something like this. Doesn't seem like it should be that hard to use your head and decide what belongs in the bar, and what belongs in the office.

Reactions: atom
like this
At one of the CPLs they had strippers. It was awkward seeing 17 year old gamers getting lap dances.

Huh, didn't know that. I kind of miss Munoz.

I wouldn't touch that if I was drunk and haven't had sex in 8 months!

Standards bro!

Lies, damn lies. Yes, you'd hit that if you're drunk and haven't had sex in month, let alone 8 months.

The girl would look serviceable with her hair intact.

This is what happens when you delegate everything to the interns.

Reactions: NoXiN
like this
Companies have standards and HR policies for a reason. Not honouring those policies and standards and then holding events which disregard those stated policies is a reasonable and legitimate reason for an employee to challenge the company by filing a complaint. Good for her for challenging MS. I suspect some employees have rightly had their performance reviews annotated and been through HR policy review courses. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of event planing crap.

I think the solution
Companies have standards and HR policies for a reason. Not honouring those policies and standards and then holding events which disregard those stated policies is a reasonable and legitimate reason for an employee to challenge the company by filing a complaint. Good for her for challenging MS. I suspect some employees have rightly had their performance reviews annotated and been through HR policy review courses. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of event planing crap.

This has to be the most appalling thing Microsoft has ever done in the history of Microsoft.

Undeniable truth of life 24:

Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of American life

Actually it started as a movement to allow women in the western world the advanced legal status of "human beings" something that they had been denied historically.

Interestingly many of these sorts of complaints are from women (attractive or not, you should broaden your world, really) who are angered that another woman isn't living up to her idea of what a woman should be and do. Or from women who think of these paid entertainers as nothing but animals being exploited by cruel task masters. Both are in contradiction to the concept of a woman's ability and right to self-determination, as in both are in opposition of the basic principals of feminism.

I have a small platoon of daughters, and I have to tell you, the only disapproval of their choices in life comes from women. Not my wife, but women who don't know them one bit.

I think there is a very gray area between being offended vs. not wanting to see that shit.

Lets turn this around, lets say they had Chip n' Dale dancers there, probably 99% of the men would not want to see that shit, most would not be "offended" by what was being done. Now if she (dancer) was flashing her titties and letting guys feel her up, the complaint might be that it is offensive, but I doubt she really was offended at this situation, as it was hardly an insulting.

I am not surprised. Probably either jealousy or feminism. Everyone gets offended by everything these days.
I wouldn't say jealous, but everyone of these criticisms always seems to have the effect of stifling the competition and/or lowering the bar.

I think there is a very gray area between being offended vs. not wanting to see that shit.

Lets turn this around, lets say they had Chip n' Dale dancers there, probably 99% of the men would not want to see that shit, most would not be "offended" by what was being done. Now if she (dancer) was flashing her titties and letting guys feel her up, the complaint might be that it is offensive, but I doubt she really was offended at this situation, as it was hardly an insulting.

Maybe she wasn't "offended", maybe she just "didn't want to see that shit." Is "not wanting to see that shit" not a good enough reason to file a complaint sometimes?

Maybe she wasn't "offended", maybe she just "didn't want to see that shit." Is "not wanting to see that shit" not a good enough reason to file a complaint sometimes?

No. If you don't want to see it, then go to an event that caters to you. The basic problem with the particular group complaining is that it is a blatant double standard. What they want is fine, but what everyone else wants is not fine.

Lies, damn lies. Yes, you'd hit that if you're drunk and haven't had sex in month, let alone 8 months.

The girl would look serviceable with her hair intact.

Even without the hair she's by far not the ugliest thing around. I mean you should come to my country to get some comparison. One time, after being a month abroad, I literally got stunned immediately at the airport. Hadn't seen such ugliness for so long I almost forgot it.

Granted we do have some (positive) stunners too but they're far and between.

So....what does M$ policy say about alienating and offending a large group of Win7 users? Fair is fair. Win 10 forced march upgrade degrades my humanity and my computer. Will we, the oppressed Win7 users, get a formal apology or just another unrequested popup for a 'free' W10 upgrade that is neither free nor an upgrade?
Don't know wtf you're talking about but..
Just upgrade already. It's called progress, you'll get used to it.

So, no post yet about your buddies over on Gawker Media having to pay Hulk Hogan $115M?

Bad move for Microsoft. Private party, bachelor party? Fuck yea! GDC party? Poor taste, and the backlash is easily expected. No one in their right mind couldn't have predicted a backlash. Looks fun as fuck, but wrong place, wrong time. Yes, people would be offended and they would make it a big deal. That's a "no shit" thing. Someone failed big time.

I would have loved to be there, though! :) I'd objectify those women all night long! :D That's pretty much their job. Again, it's a "no shit" thing. Those girls don't take that job thinking that they will be talking about IDE's and shit. They are eye candy. Nothing more.

Fucking ear buds. Why do people hate music? For the next event, Microsoft should just hire male dancers also. That way women get the fair treatment they deserve. :D

Wonder if the complainant worries this much about the in Xbox product presentation of women? Or does she do what her bosses tell her in order to earn a paycheck?

So guys can't have fun watching consenting women earn a paycheck? Maybe the dancers ought to file a complaint about their future loss of income due to this person being so easily offended.

Bad move for Microsoft. Private party, bachelor party? Fuck yea! GDC party? Poor taste, and the backlash is easily expected. No one in their right mind couldn't have predicted a backlash. Looks fun as fuck, but wrong place, wrong time. Yes, people would be offended and they would make it a big deal. That's a "no shit" thing. Someone failed big time.

I would have loved to be there, though! :) I'd objectify those women all night long! :D That's pretty much their job. Again, it's a "no shit" thing. Those girls don't take that job thinking that they will be talking about IDE's and shit. They are eye candy. Nothing more.

People who get offended from having honest fun can stuff themselves. Why do we let narrow minded moralists spoil the living fun out of it? Having the dancers there would be just about the only reason on this planet why I would join a Microsoft event lol.

People who get offended from having honest fun can stuff themselves. Why do we let narrow minded moralists spoil the living fun out of it? Having the dancers there would be just about the only reason on this planet why I would join a Microsoft event lol.

Because they are loud and we just give up to make them shut the fuck up. Like having a screaming toddler in the toy store that didn't get what he wanted. Just put shit back and walk out. Everyone loses.

"When we do the opposite, and create an environment that alienates or offends any group, we justly deserve the criticism"

so one uptight person is a group? wtf is the world coming to that one person gets offended by something and causes shit like this. if they were offended they should have removed themselves from the situation. 99.99% of attendees were cool with it, fuck off....

No kidding! When one person has an issue, they should just leave and shut up. My sister gets genuinely offended if anyone serves meat at a gathering. She can't possibly comprehend that the event is packed with 99% people who don't have an issue (even most vegans) and feels the need to tell everyone. If she was at MS does this mean they would need to stop serving meat? Then what happens when they switch to vegan gatherings and someone is offended that the bananas were picked in Columbia?!? :eek:

Jeez....why can't we all just be a bit more like the Japanese and embrace the slutty schoolgirl ;)

Ars Technica said:
This public rebuffing came after Microsoft held its own Women In Gaming Luncheon hours before the nightclub party in question, and the whole scenario took place alongside a GDC rich with panels about the artistic, business, and logistical efforts currently underway to foster more gender parity in the industry. Panels included "creating inclusive environments for women" and "how women-in-games initiatives make a difference."

Meanwhile, HardOCP slut-shames the person who called Microsoft out on its hypocrisy.
VWM51.gif

No kidding! When one person has an issue, they should just leave and shut up. My sister gets genuinely offended if anyone serves meat at a gathering. She can't possibly comprehend that the event is packed with 99% people who don't have an issue (even most vegans) and feels the need to tell everyone. If she was at MS does this mean they would need to stop serving meat? Then what happens when they switch to vegan gatherings and someone is offended that the bananas were picked in Columbia?!? :eek:

I used to be married to one of them....

The guy is a self proclaimed commander of one xbox console and thinks he can speak for normal erotomaniacs like us?

I command a sofa, a desk lamp and a chair and hear me when I say this on behalf of men everywhere: "booooooo".

Yeah, I know. I know. I'll leave on Monday for the week.

No. If you don't want to see it, then go to an event that caters to you. The basic problem with the particular group complaining is that it is a blatant double standard. What they want is fine, but what everyone else wants is not fine.

NAILED IT! This progressive liberal micro-aggression mindset is what is destroying America. These millennials and the professors that encourage them have taken us down so far; as noted below, they are like toddlers screaming in a store. That! Is why so many more republicans (yeah I don't really fit in that mold but its a "group") have turned out this year and democrat attendance is so low. The sleeping giant has awakened!

This is all intended to be a distraction from the true offense: that absolutely nothing of interest (in tech) was shown off at GDC this year.

Cfa1XUJ.jpg

Seems like the sexy dancers are a red herring. GDC apparently embraces Marxism. :snaphappy:

Back