Xbox as HTPC client?

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
I've been wondering. Is there any way to use a modded xbox as a HTPC client? I'm planning on taking my pvr-150 out of my current computer (amd 3500+) and putting it in a 1 gig p3 that's in a separate room. That computer is going to be dedicated to tv recording. My question is there a way for a modded xbox to act as the client for the tuner card? I'm just wanting a guide I can go into and select shows for the card to record. I'm currently using mediaportal and also thinking about trying mythtv.

I wanting to have my pvr in another room so I don't have to my amd on all the time heating up my bedroom. If it is possible to have an xbox act as frontend for my card, I might also see if I can get a broken xbox off of ebay, repair it, and mod it too. Then I can have a second interface somewhere else in the house.

yes abvoe link. u can stream to it as for controlling your pc with the xbox. thats another story.

Thanks for the info. It doesn't look like I can control my tuner card from the xbox with xbmc. It sounds like it might be better to do a hardware mod instead of a software mod. It also sounds like I might have some problems modding my xbox, since it is likely a 1.6. I guess it's one of those since I just got this May.

I think I still might try to repair an old one or find a cheap one to mod and play with. By the way, can you get mythtv to work on the xbox?

as far as myth, I believe so...i haven't followed the project in a while but i believe there was some xbox mythTV project a while back, not sure if there's been any new development. Pretty sure it's possible, but might depend on how much time you're willing to spend/how good you are with linux.

Back