Xbox and Chill - xbox mini fridge

No, marketing really really works. It's why EA spends more money marketing Call Of Duty than they spend on it's development.
The issue I see is it’s total storage is lacking. 12 pack of 12oz cans doesn’t hold half of what my 15 year old dying mini fridge holds.

It does look a lot sleeker than the old dog though.

ROFL count me in the same boat. Hahaa. I have been looking for a mini fridge for basement and never really got myself to get it and now I am like shit can go legit next to my TV without any issues haha.
It’s sleek for a mini fridge. The glass fronted ones are expensive unless you snag one on CL.
12x 12oz cans isn’t super useful though.

It might be cool for a man cave or garage but yeah I usually buy 15 packs of beer so the 12 beer limit is a bit underwhelming.

Most of those low end mini fridges say they only do -28F below ambient (at best) - which means maybe 45-50F which is not what most people consider to be a "cold" drink.

I want one as well. Wish they made a larger mini fridge version though

BA1957D6-668A-4079-AA16-6BD2838FD165.jpeg

Nothing I drink comes in cans. If those shelves can be removed so something taller can go in (like a pint glass), I'd be down to clown.

I think we need to see what the Sony fridge offers before we reserve the MS one. I heard it will have a smaller motor, but it will spin a lot faster. It will also have several drink racks specifically designed for some exclusive bottles that will only fit in the Sony fridge.

Nintendo won’t be left out. They’re not making a fridge, but are actually designing a portable cooler. It can hold standard drinks as long as the cans aren’t bigger than 6 ounces. They also have several exclusive sandwhiches that only come with this cooler. They say theyre new recipes but seem to taste the same according to most testers.

Of course we can just build our own fridge, but for some reasons there is a huge shortage on motors right now.

I wouldn't want one, it's a shitty peltier based unit. Grossly inefficient and uses a ton more energy than a traditional compressor based refrigerator.
Is this a traditional compressor based fridge? This holds like 50 beers of all sizes lol

It doesn’t look nearly as cool for my playroom though.
FA30C86A-F591-4E69-ADB0-74A5A4671FBD.jpeg

Is this a traditional compressor based fridge? This holds like 50 beers of all sizes lol

It doesn’t look nearly as cool for my playroom though.

Most definitely a compressor based unit. If that thing used peltiers, you'd be crying when you saw your energy bill. You should be able to see the compressor pumpkin tucked in the back of the unit, and the condenser coils are usually integrated into the exterior walls, which will make the exterior walls warm/hot to the touch. The other giveaway is a compressor will vibrate or hum when running and you can sometimes hear the refrigerant and oil gurgling around in the pipes

Peltiers require a ton of energy to move heat from one side of the module to the other, and since the surface area is so small, they have to run a long time with forced air to cool the box down. Some peltier based refrigerators actually never turn the peltier module off, and will run it at reduced voltage, continuously drawing power. Refrigerant compressor based fridges are orders of magnitude more efficient because they're cyclic in nature. The compressor only runs when the box needs to have the temperature regulated, which is fairly infrequent if the box has good insulation and a good seal on the door.

About the only thing I'd recommend a peltier box for is if you needed hot drinks, because a you can apply reverse current and heat the box.

Most definitely a compressor based unit. If that thing used peltiers, you'd be crying when you saw your energy bill. You should be able to see the compressor pumpkin tucked in the back of the unit, and the condenser coils are usually integrated into the exterior walls, which will make the exterior walls warm/hot to the touch. The other giveaway is a compressor will vibrate or hum when running and you can sometimes hear the refrigerant and oil gurgling around in the pipes

Peltiers require a ton of energy to move heat from one side of the module to the other, and since the surface area is so small, they have to run a long time with forced air to cool the box down. Some peltier based refrigerators actually never turn the peltier module off, and will run it at reduced voltage, continuously drawing power. Refrigerant compressor based fridges are orders of magnitude more efficient because they're cyclic in nature. The compressor only runs when the box needs to have the temperature regulated, which is fairly infrequent if the box has good insulation and a good seal on the door.

About the only thing I'd recommend a peltier box for is if you needed hot drinks, because a you can apply reverse current and heat the box.
Thank you for teaching me something today. Seriously.

Glass one it is I guess.

Back