Xbox 720 Chips Now in Production?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The rumor mills are cranking again about the production schedule of the Xbox 720, the next-gen Microsoft gaming platform. A blog post from Microsoft started the rumors which were quickly picked up by the blog on Major Nelson which indicates a preview of the new Xbox at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) scheduled for June in Los Angeles.

There's evidence the software giant's plans to more fully integrate Kinect and possibly some other major input and interface changes (perhaps a touch screen, a tie-in to the Surface tablet and maybe even reality augmentation glasses) to its next console.

This is great news as the rest of us on PC can get games on new tech.

Does this mean there might be a worthwhile game for Kinect? :p

31056298.jpg

the article source for PCMAG is Semi Accurate...

Do you frequent that site? I do, and they're right and their analysis of all things Intel/AMD/nVidia is spot on a lot of the time. Although they recently went subscriber only because they got tired of other tech sites plagiarising them, which is annoying because $20 a month for 5-7 articles a week is a bit steep.

If MS want their new console out for this Christmas they will need to stop making the chips now.

Do you frequent that site? I do, and they're right and their analysis of all things Intel/AMD/nVidia is spot on a lot of the time.

Are you talking about the .com, or is there another version that that comment makes sense to? :p

If they are still using PPC backwards compatibility shouldn't be as big of a problem I'd think.

I wonder if the new console could emulate a 360 like how the 360 emulates an Xbox 1.

Wooohoo bring on the "high def" 720 PC ports!

Imagine Rage with 720P textures........ JAW DROPPING! :eek:

Nothing rumor about this, the new box will be shown at E3, out by holiday shopping window and devs have had the Durango boxes since early this year, including my friend that works at a major wellknown dev of fantasy RPG's. NDA is locked down tighter than a mosquito's ass.

MS is understandably paranoid about any details or even confirmation of its existence pure announcement to avoid freezing 360 sales like bonehead Apple did with iphone5.

Imagine Rage with 720P textures........ JAW DROPPING! :eek:
You are joking, right? If not, please note there is a difference between screen resolution and texture resolution. I would hope this is common knowledge around here, but lately you can never be too sure.

Nice story on a story posted by semiaccurate.com pretty cool. At least they made Charlie happy and gave him a big fat acknowledgement otherwise Charlie would have made any content subscriber only ;)

Maybe MS will be able to get it right this time around and not make an all in one footstove hairdryer.

Since the story was double posted on H's front page, does that mean its a double plus good rumor?

Does this mean there might be a worthwhile game for Kinect? :p

You mean you didn't love Kinect Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor?

Now you can throw out that big clunky Steel Battalion controller with lots of buttons, for a system with no buttons.

There doesn't seem to be anything for the motion control arena on any system--PS3+Move/360+Kinect/Wii/U--that's not either for kiddies or sports/fitness. I think they're nice for social/group games, but not something that seems to be all that great for other games. It's kinda like the power glove for the NES--neat looking, but doesn't do much.

Do you frequent that site? I do, and they're right and their analysis of all things Intel/AMD/nVidia is spot on a lot of the time. Although they recently went subscriber only because they got tired of other tech sites plagiarising them, which is annoying because $20 a month for 5-7 articles a week is a bit steep.

If MS want their new console out for this Christmas they will need to stop making the chips now.

lol and the fact that any site that also makes money can easily afford $20 / month to steal their content where most of their client base wont pay.

lol and the fact that any site that also makes money can easily afford $20 / month to steal their content where most of their client base wont pay.

You would seriously be surprised at how cheap people can be , even if it means job security.

Master [H];1039490646 said:
There doesn't seem to be anything for the motion control arena on any system--PS3+Move/360+Kinect/Wii/U--that's not either for kiddies or sports/fitness. I think they're nice for social/group games, but not something that seems to be all that great for other games. It's kinda like the power glove for the NES--neat looking, but doesn't do much.

That's because anyone older than a kid is fucking lazy on average which I'm guilty of.

I can't wait to see all of the improvements with blu-ray and media center integration.

Young kids + Kinect = winning. Kinectimals and Elmo - Once Upon A Monster are two great games for younger kids, which is what a console should be anyhow, a kids' toy ;)

Is that the game were Elmo touches them in the no no spot via the kinnect?

I saw this on SemiAccurate last week or so, and I check that site everyone oink a while. But let me ask you this, why are all the contributors such assholes on that site? I just can't really stand to read the articles. Even that article went on and on about how great of a site they were and how they got all the scoops and then by the time they start actually getting into details it's "pay per view". But by now I'm just put off by their arrogance and I leave the site.

Every time I go that site it seems the article headlines are as follows.

AMD's to release 3 new CPU's this quarter, what dumbasses.

Samsung going to 22nm node, they are idiots!

Intel to raise clock speeds across the board this fall, because they are lazy.

Motorola to lay off people, we said back in 2001 that a company would lay off people some time in the future.

I get that they have good confidential sources. But why do they have to be such downers about everything? I do question the method of charging money for information gathered from people who are jeopardizing their jobs by divulging this information.

How about standard bluetooth controllers/accessories and a dashboard without ads?

This actually really pissed me off. I bought a cheap bargain bin game a couple weeks ago and it had me do the update. I figured it was going to give it the "Metro" look, which I was ok with. But 1-2 damn ads on each panel and I don't even have Xbox live. Ads on Live I can understand, but these are ads on my damn console. I did not buy a ad subsidized console all those years ago.

Between Microsoft being the only company that charges an additional fee to use Netflix on the device and now putting ads on my console, I don't know if I will be part of the next console.

Putting ads on my consoles desktop makes them worse then Apple. Ya I said it.

This actually really pissed me off. I bought a cheap bargain bin game a couple weeks ago and it had me do the update. I figured it was going to give it the "Metro" look, which I was ok with. But 1-2 damn ads on each panel and I don't even have Xbox live. Ads on Live I can understand, but these are ads on my damn console. I did not buy a ad subsidized console all those years ago.

Between Microsoft being the only company that charges an additional fee to use Netflix on the device and now putting ads on my console, I don't know if I will be part of the next console.

Putting ads on my consoles desktop makes them worse then Apple. Ya I said it.

Adds on live make just as little sense. They're already charging you for the service, the fact that they serve adds after that just makes them greedy fucks.

Young kids + Kinect = winning. Kinectimals and Elmo - Once Upon A Monster are two great games for younger kids, which is what a console should be anyhow, a kids' toy ;)

I guess that's a good point, but adults play with their Xbox too...usually when all alone...

Back