Xbox 360 Warranty Extended

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Dec 22, 2006.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

It looks as though Microsoft will be extending the warranty on the Xbox 360 to one year from the date of purchase. The warranty adjustment is retroactive so if you have paid for repairs within the first year, you will be reimbursed.

2. DogChainX

DogChainX [H]ard|Gawd

its about damn time the console manufacturer's increased the warranty. 90 days is pathetic. Way to go Microsoft. Lets see if Sony is willing to do the same.,

3. DeathCloud

DeathCloud Gawd

Big thumbs up to MS. My console has dies 3 times now, hopefully my 4th console will be the one that lasts. But if not it is good to know I have extra time now. Other companies(you know who you are) pay attention to this.

4. theNoid

theNoid [H]ardness Supreme

5. Techx

Techx [H]ardness Supreme

hoe lee crap!!! this is awesome! thanks MS, i missed that "15 second window" [/sarcasm] after i bought my 360 to get the extended warranty so I didn't have any, until now! kick ass

6. Mabrito

Mabrito [H]ardness Supreme

Just to make sure I understand it, I brought my 360 last Sunday. Im covered for a year now then right?

7. foofighter06

foofighter06 Gawd

Whats the warranty on the PS3 and wii.

If the ps3 costs as much as it does....and only comes with 90 days....thats pathetic.

8. Viper87227

Viper87227 [H]ard as it Gets

PS3 already is one year. Not sure about the wii.

9. foofighter06

foofighter06 Gawd

Ah....just checking.

Nice move on microsofts part then.

Had they done it to begin with it they would have been better off...oh well.

10. NIVO

NIVO [H]ard|Gawd

ok a question here. If some of us have bought the added 2 year extended warranty, do we also get the added time added to our end date warranty contract? (apologies for the run-on)

11. Chipotle

Chipotle Limp Gawd

Yeah thats great news. Wish that trend would be followed with other things. I am planning on getting one on tuesday, after I rack up some xmas loot. Thinking of also getting the target service plan for $29. Not sure if its any good, but an additional 2 years after the MS warranty, heck yeah! Everywhere else has been $80 and up.