Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death, I need to call MS Back...Help

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
I searched and searched on google and the [H]...

My console did the RROD... I don't even use it that often. I called the xbox number, talked the agent. She had remove the hard drive and power the unit on. She asked me what color my power supply light was. I said the light was orange. She said it might be my power supply, to see if I could borrow a friends xbox 360 power supply and see... I don't have any friends that have a 360 close. I am not into shafting any company, but to me this a known issue. She said call back when I was able to borrow some ones power supply and gave me a case #.

For those who have encountered the ring of death, what color was your power supply light?
Thanks in advance.

but I forgot to add that I am color blind sorry it could of been orange.I knew it was jacked when I had the 3 lights

My console did the RROD... I don't even use it that often. I called the xbox number, talked the agent. She had remove the hard drive and power the unit on. She asked me what color my power supply light was. I said the light was orange. She said it might be my power supply, to see if I could borrow a friends xbox 360 power supply and see... I don't have any friends that have a 360 close. I am not into shafting any company, but to me this a known issue. She said call back when I was able to borrow some ones power supply and gave me a case #.
Call back and tell them that it's unacceptable. Tell them you'll send your 360 and PSU and they can fix whichever is broken.

I wouldn't even bother calling. Just fill out the forms online, as long as it RRODs it doesn't matter to you what went wrong and its not your job to figure it out.

but I forgot to add that I am color blind sorry it could of been orange.I knew it was jacked when I had the 3 lights

wooo!! another colorblind person...

Dude, i would just send it back, and have them get you another one...

I tried to fill it out online, but the website was not working... If I have to call back, my case has been documented, I don't want to argue with someone on the phone who's in God knows where, who hardly speaks my language. I thought it would be easier on everyone if I could just get the color the supply is supposed to be! :)

I tried to fill it out online, but the website was not working... If I have to call back, my case has been documented, I don't want to argue with someone on the phone who's in God knows where, who hardly speaks my language. I thought it would be easier on everyone if I could just get the color the supply is supposed to be! :)

If it's orange, It's because the 360 borked in a way that it isn't using the PSU properly. It would do the same on all PSU's. Just tell them it's green.

The light should be green. If it's orange, it may be the power supply, so just telling them it's green isn't going to do you any good if it is the power supply's fault. You'll get back a working console that might still not work. But regardless, like an earlier poster said, tell them you don't have one to borrow, that it's ridiculous for them to ask that of you, and that you will send them both and they can fix which ever is broken.

It should be green when on and orange when off. If your power brick is orange when the console is on you need new power brick. That should fix it and if it doesn't then you can get it repaired for free. For future reference keep your xbox and power brick in a well ventalated area away from the carpet.

I don't understand why people bother with talking to "xbox tech" for rrod problem unless you like talking to stupid people and a 50% chance of spelling your name or address wrong giving you more problems. Just request a repair online!

https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?scrx=1

I tried to submit it online before calling, but the webpage doesn't work for me...

Also, it's not like my 360 wasn't in a well vented area; Of course I didn't have 3 box fans blowing cool air onto the 360, but it wasn't on the carpet etc...

Back