XBOX 360 price drop anytime soon?

greenhorn1

Limp Gawd
Hi all. My son has sold a bunch of his old systems and now has enough to buy an xbox 360. I was just wondering if there was any sort of price drop expected after the holidays. I don't think so but thought i'd ask here before he went and spent every last cent he has. Thanks for any advice.

Realistically not until March / April now. Retailers will probably put together some good bundle deals in January though to stimulate sales.

I would say it is highly doubtful anytime soon. Reason being, is retailers are still selling a ton of them especially the Go Pro (formerly known as Premium) system. If anything, they may drop the price of the Elites a little but I don't see them lowering the Premiums and Arcades especially considering how well they are selling right now.

Unless he is looking to buy an Elite, I would say it is a safe bet to assume there won't be a price drop anytime soon.

Maybe just be on the lookout through different sale ads. Sometimes, companies like Target, etc give giftcards with the purchase of one. For just an all round price drop though, I wouldn't expect it.

I'd say it's possible after the increase in sales of the PS3, but I'm probably in the minority there.

It JUST dropped recently for the first time since the system came out (2 years) so it's very highly unlikely.

Yeah I have to agree with the replies above. Nex one will probably be around Q2

Seems like they are starting to pump out those 65nm chips, so they could probably drop the price anytime they wanted to at this point. Anybody's guess when they would though. I think buying the console right now is pretty safe. Very doubtful a price drop happens anytime soon enough that you would be kicking yourself over it.

I doubt it. But, like some of the other posters said, I'd look for deals that give a game or a gift card with it. It may cost the same, but you get more for your money.

Back