Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Edition - no game?? wtf?

Hooligan

Gawd
So I got myself a xmas gift and it was the newish xbox 360 MW2 edition console.

I just plugged it in and got it setup... and suddenly realized that the game was not in the box.

WTF? Whats going on here??? Does this special edition console seriously not include the actual game itself???

are u kidding me?!

I purchased one and it was located between one of black cardboard bumpers preventing the machine from moving around.

I think you answered your own question when you write "newish" lol.

If its missing the game I doubt it. Could mean someone bought it took the game out and sold it as newish. Either that or someone at BB got greedy.

My friend just got that bundle a week ago and it indeed is supposed to come with a physical copy of MW2.

I thought it was funny that the bundle did not include any HD cables of any type (no component or HDMI) when my old-ass Pro unit came with component cables. WTF..?

Edit: Looked it up to confirm it wasn't supposed to. Only comes with this:

Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.

WOW! S-Video FTW!!! :rolleyes:

HDMI cables are cheap nowadays(monoprice ftw) but it is a hassle to have a buy one.

The special edition does come with the game. Where did you buy it from? Someone may have bought it and returned it and kept the game and the employee didn't realize it.

I purchased one and it was located between one of black cardboard bumpers preventing the machine from moving around.

oh my gawd i feel like such a retard.. I found the game between one of the cardboard bumpers :p

thanks man... good thing I didn't throw away the box :)

wow... i feel like an idiot.

anyways. happy i have the game :p

hopefully you like the game after going thru all that trouble lol

Heh thanks.. I am kinda dissapointed the console only came w- crappy video cables and no HDMI... so no HD gaming yet QQ

Heh thanks.. I am kinda dissapointed the console only came w- crappy video cables and no HDMI... so no HD gaming yet QQ

My walmart sells cheap HDMI cables, there like $10, ou can get them cheaper online but whne you add in shipping + waiting I just go for the walmart ones.

Actually, not a bad idea.

+1

I did the same thing with my 60gig. supposed to come with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda. Thought they were preloaded because I couldn't find discs. Had to dig through the dscarded box to find them.

oh my gawd i feel like such a retard.. I found the game between one of the cardboard bumpers :p

Since it all ended well yet this was the issue I believe we all reserve the right to laugh at you.

So...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :D:p:D

Glad you got your game!

If it makes you feel better I dug out my old arcades box the other day to grab a controller and found a sega tennis game.

I picked up the MW2 combo because I was out of hard drive space on my launch 20gig hard drive. MS took over 3 weeks to send me the fucking transfer cable though. Finally got my data copied to my new 250 gig drive.

my first xbox was a halo 3 edition which did NOT come w/ the box, so damn...

Yeah, you can just go and get an HDMI cable pretty much anywhere electronics are sold. Even Target sells them.:eek:

Back