Xbox 360 LCD issue

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
very weird problem happened tonight. I have a viewsonic VX2025wm (20.1" WS LCD) and I have my xbox 360 hooked up to it via VGA cable (regular video card is hooked up via DVI). well, I got home from work and played for a few hours and took a break. I decided to play later on that night, and fired up the 360. i hit the "2" button on the screen (switches signals) and nothing happens. the screen goes black, and it says Digital on it...when it usually says Analog when I switch over. I checked all the connections and everything seemed normal, but I'm coming up short.

any idea what could be the problem?

*originally posted in Displays forum, mods please delete if this is an issue*

Maybe you get to pick what input is "#2" and it reset itself. Talking about the monitor of course. Like on my amp there are three opticals one coaxial so i have to pick what's Audio 1,2, & 3.

very weird problem happened tonight. I have a viewsonic VX2025wm (20.1" WS LCD) and I have my xbox 360 hooked up to it via VGA cable (regular video card is hooked up via DVI). well, I got home from work and played for a few hours and took a break. I decided to play later on that night, and fired up the 360. i hit the "2" button on the screen (switches signals) and nothing happens. the screen goes black, and it says Digital on it...when it usually says Analog when I switch over. I checked all the connections and everything seemed normal, but I'm coming up short.

any idea what could be the problem?

*originally posted in Displays forum, mods please delete if this is an issue*

mine did the same thing since i bought it!
if i want to play on my xbox i have to DISCONNECT the DVI cable to make VGA work...
still trying to find a solution... anyone?

Try unplugging the monitor & plugging it back in.
Assuming that your using a surge protector and that step doesn't work, try turning off the surge protector and turning it back on after about 10 seconds. I was having a similar issue where my Samsung monitor wasn't picking up any DVI signals until I restarted my surge protector.

This is likely a monitor problem for you...

A lot of the 22" LCD's (1st gen) have that problem you describe - once they go into a power save mode you can't wake them up...Do some searching around and you'll see.

It's probably not your xbox.

Back