xbox 360 is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it broke 10 times but 7 of them were because it was never actually fixed?

Sure they thing is unreliable but not as unreliable as you make it out to be.

just based off your sample, that's a 25 percent failure rate (2 out of 8), so I have no idea why you bothered to try defending ms here.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This is the kind of post I can really get behind. It's very scientific.

For instance, I bought a PS2 on launch day. It failed 5 minutes after I turned it on. I returned it and no others were available. I never bought another. So, based on my sample, that's a 100% failure rate. I have no idea why anyone would be recommending Sony products as more reliable here.

For instance, I bought a PS2 on launch day. It failed 5 minutes after I turned it on. I returned it and no others were available. I never bought another. So, based on my sample, that's a 100% failure rate. I have no idea why anyone would be recommending Sony products as more reliable here.

PS3'S sounds more reliable than a 360 though. i have never heard of any one having their ps3 break more than once while there are loads of poeople who have had their 360's break more than 3 times let alone once.

Sometimes it's difficult to discern sarcasm on the internets :)

PS3'S sounds more reliable than a 360 though. i have never heard of any one having their ps3 break more than once while there are loads of poeople who have had their 360's break more than 3 times let alone once.

You should read the PS3 forums a lot of people are getting what is called the Yellow Light Of Death (YLOD) and last time I heard Sony is charging big bucks to get it fixed.

Read the post I was replying too, since clearly you either did not, or you simply lack comprehension skills.

I've had two PS3's YLOD on me, not fun.

Failure rate figures for the xbox say anywhere from about 25% to over 50%. And Im sure they won't officially admit a figure until it they've got it way down, 1 in 10 would probably be their hope for number at this point because it would make it closer to reports for PS3.

But from personal experience, my brother bought one..didn't like it enough so he gave it to me to mess around with until he wants it back. So far I've experience screen freezes in various games, which if you read about them seems to suggest that they are lead in to the RROD error. It's a new Jasper unit, only 3 months old...and yeah Im a bit pissed they lowered the price on them 100 bucks then offer a 50 dollar mail in rebate only 2 months after the brother bought it. In fact Im trying to see if MS or the retailer that sold it will offer some games or live subscription cards to make up for the fact that it's worth 100-150 less now than it was a month ago.

I have one friend who hasn't had any problems with his xbox 360, but has recently had his PS3 die on him...they want something like 100-150 bucks to repair it. I told em to give it to me and I'd try to figure it out if he ain't gonna take em up on the offer, we'll see. As for other friends, I don't know who has what anymore...people are too busy worrying about other stuff to talk about their game consoles.

And Wii, I got some family who own em, most I've heard about em is people bust stuff with the controllers never heard of em failing.

But I'd say Xbox having a 1 in 10 failure rate in warranty is probably what MS is shooting for. And outside of warranty, they probably don't care...and it's probably going to come up closer to 30-50% range.

360 failure rate was below 40% even with RROD. Jasper failures are pratically non existant......now the main cause for 360 failure is drive read errors. PS3 failure is somewhere around 11% wii is under 3% for first 2 years of ownership

360 failure rate was below 40% even with RROD. Jasper failures are pratically non existant......now the main cause for 360 failure is drive read errors. PS3 failure is somewhere around 11% wii is under 3% for first 2 years of ownership

I know the jaspers have been out longer for the Arcade versions, but I have to ask if it's really been enough time to know. Because Jaspers still aren't a sure thing if you go to the store to buy a xbox.

But it looks like your figures don't contradict mine. I think the xbox varies a lot due to it's revisions. I think if Jasper solved their problems they'd be publishing their failures rates on em by now.

i removed the xclamps and added threaded bolts and the associated washers [nylon and flat]

i also cut the appropriate sized hole in the top right above the heatsinks and added a high cfm 120mm fan / in through the top out from the back

works wonders... my 360 is considerably cooler than before...

PS3 failure is somewhere around 11%

It's a bit higher then that. Like the 360 the first edition PS3's fail a goo bit as well. Sony will charge you 150 to fix them though.

It's a bit higher then that. Like the 360 the first edition PS3's fail a goo bit as well.

The PS3's failure rate is nothing like the 2005-2007 era X360s.

It might be as high as 11% including the earliest systems, but even those aren't close to as unreliable as X360s from the same time period. Sony recently said the failure rate of UK systems was below 5%. It's more reliable than the PS2 IMO. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the early X360s had a 50% failure rate. However I'd bet the vast majority of the original hw bc PS3 systems are still working. Mine has been flawless since day one.

Read the post I was replying too, since clearly you either did not, or you simply lack comprehension skills.

Given the fact you quoted it, I'd dare say he did somewhat read it.

Do note, it was sarcasm, not an actual response.

My 60GB PS3 is going strong.

With some of the bundles MS sells for the 360, I have a deep longing to buy one. Unfortunately, all of the RROD publicity combined with the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee for the gold service always kills the urge before I make the purchase.

With some of the bundles MS sells for the 360, I have a deep longing to buy one. Unfortunately, all of the RROD publicity combined with the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee for the gold service always kills the urge before I make the purchase.

Live is better then PSN, in this case you do get what you pay for.

360 has RROD, PS3 has YOLD, you roll the dice in both cases.

All that said, the new 360's don't really have problems, and the new (not slim hasn't been out enough) PS3's don't either.

Buy it for games, not for other reasons. I own and like both, and a lot of games are multi system and look better on the 360 (and if there is a PC version that's even better). If you want to talk PSN vs LIVE, well LIVE wins hands down.

It's around 50 for a 12 months of gold, sometimes amazon runs 12+1 months with game and other stuff for same price....for offers gift cards toward games when you buy em. So.....can get em for closer to 40 if you count the gift card as a instant rebate toward another game.

It's not that bad of a fee, if they had better support OR had more free stuff on the xbox live...or gave points to people who carry their gold, like 200-400 points a month. Since it is basically virtual money like wow gold or EQ gold....since you can only spend it on xbox shiz.

For what it is worth, I bought a 360 what...two years ago? RRoD about two weeks after I bought it.

A quick Google search later, and I found out about the RRoD being an issue. So I returned the console to Best Buy, and have never considered purchasing a 360 again.

Viva la PC.

you can whinge all day on a forum and achieve NOTHING

or you could get your shit together and class action their ass

but i know no one will, MS knows no one will, as for as they are concerned the RRoD makes sales, so enjoy your RRoD :)

but i know no one will, MS knows no one will, as for as they are concerned the RRoD makes sales, so enjoy your RRoD :)

This.

I don't know why this thread is still going on. OP just buy a PS and be done with it, you whiner lol

The problem is that it's not just MS. The PS3 fails left and right as well. There are ways to fix both, but it's a pain.

It's kinda sad that the wii is the most stable.

It's kinda sad that the wii is the most stable.

No its not that sad as the WII is the least complex unit out there. The more complexity you have the more chances for things to go wrong..

MS was about to get sued in a class action suit before they fessed up to RROD and extended the warranty.

The problem is that it's not just MS. The PS3 fails left and right as well.

What's kinda sad is someone trying to draw an equivalency between the two. PS3s break too, but they don't fail left and right. Not even the same ballpark.

2 of my friends systems red ringed within 2 months of mine, I love the service and the games but god damn...

sounds is about it.........I have had 2 slim models that will not properly display 1080p on my display. my 360's on the other hand have no issues.......

MS was about to get sued in a class action suit before they fessed up to RROD and extended the warranty.
They've been sued any number of times in class action suits over this and disc scratching. The lawsuits never got anywhere. They were sued well before they eventually extended the warranty (both the first and the second time).

That aside. I could swear we have this exact same thread once a month. If you didn't know the 360 hardware sucks by now, you really haven't been paying attention. :D

Luckly i have had about 3 systems one being a launch system and i have never had a issue but both my brother inlaws have to send theres back for repairs... :p i love my xbox best system since my dreamcast.

This is a new problem, this has never happened before, first thread on this evar!

In comparison, I have 2 360s that have never had issues. My first? Born on date November 17, 2005.

sounds is about it.........I have had 2 slim models that will not properly display 1080p on my display. my 360's on the other hand have no issues.......

Fried 2 PS3's, no 360 problems.

Also, MS extended their warranty, Sony, well.... you pay 150 bucks for them to fix it.

Fried 2 PS3's, no 360 problems.

Also, MS extended their warranty, Sony, well.... you pay 150 bucks for them to fix it.

Fried...

what exactly did you do?

The PS3 failure rate is no where near the 360s.

The PS3 failure rate has been growing though, and the 360 has been shrinking. One is not a good trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back