Xbox 360 Hits 10.4 Million Shipped?

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
The big buzz of the morning is that MS is expected to announce that they have shipped 10.4 million units.

Microsoft is expected to announce Sunday night that it has sold 10.4 million Xbox 360 units, actually making good on their promise to surpass 10 million by the end of 2006, according to San Jose Mercury News' Dean Takahashi.

The big buzz of the morning is that MS is expected to announce that they have shipped 10.4 million units.

I wouldnt be surprised. I saw pallets of em just sittign at my local best buy and Toys R US had so many in stock they had to give away 100 dollar gift cards to get em moving.

Microsoft hit a winner with the 360. HD ready, not as expensive as the PS3, and already tons of games for it. I wouldn't be surprised.

Not surprised, shipping and selling are two very different figures. Everywhere I go I see multiple huge piles of X360's just sitting there. Microsoft could prolly stop shipping them entirely and stores would still have enough in stock to last three to six months.

Big chains dont order tonnes of stock to sit on it. The order based on sales numbers and tracking.
I see people walking out of stores with 360s all the time.. I doubt they would be sitting on them for 3-6months.

I am happy for MS about the 360. It's an excellent all-around package. Most kinks have been worked out, they have a great game selection, great online service, a great price-point for the console, excellent (relevant) accessories, and a very exciting looking future, games-wise.

Yes, shipped and sold are two very different things, but I'm pretty sure that every single one of the recent 360's that have been shipped will be sold.

Some good news :) the XBox 360 was a well thought out system, and is truly a media center within itself. To be able to hook up with my Windows PC and stream media, as well as a uniform online experience for trailers, demos, and games as well as online gameplay is just wonderful. The price is also affordable.

Now, 10.4 million consoles isn't much considering the past console generations sales, however, it's only been a year. I think sales may just slow down unless there is a price drop. But there is still another 4-5 years of life in these units, and if there is ever an HDMI refresh or hard drive expandability, I am sure the sales will go up once again.

Not suprised, it's an excelent console for the money.

The Xbox is doing well, but it is sort of crazy when you think about the Wii already hitting the 4 million mark and only being out for a short amount of time.

I think this gen console war is just warming up.. it will be interesting to see where they all stand in a year.

I suspect that the Xbox will be surpassed in sales by one of the other consoles but will hold at least second place in the 3 way race., or be neck in neck with one of the other two.

Back