XBOX 360 HD-DVD + PC = Success!

The same can't be said for everyone just because you stand out of a crowd. There are still many others it does not work for. Hence the term I used.. "most likely".

One of the reasons I brought AnyDVD was because most the of people on the AVSForums were able to get HD-DVD playback on their setups with AnyDVD and PowerDVD. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I'm just stating that I believe most people find AnyDVD to be very useful.

Yes.. most.. in the cases you've witnessed. I know over a dozen people on HDbits it doesn't work for. Also, AnyDVD will either need a new update or a new version because the new movies coming out use a different key. The current decryption key is no longer good for new movies.

My problem is when I play a movie in the xbox drive on my computer it is very choppy. I have power dvd 7.3. I have a x2 4600 @ 2.6 and some change, and one gig of memory. I also have a 8800 gts 640mb. When I play movies the cpu usage goes to 100 and stays there. I have hardware acceleration on. I think the problem might be that my display is a 42" lcd @ 1080P I am using for a monitor which is hdcp compliant.

Turn off hardware acceleration and try it. Sometimes h/w acceleration fks things up if you have codec packs installed, or other bs on your computer.

when I turn it off it won't play at all and it gives me some kind of error. It just seems like the cpu is trying to do all the work and the graphics card isn't helping out.

A 2.6ghz X2 with a 8800 is plenty of power to play a HDDVD even without hardware acceleration. Mine can do it without a hiccup. You might want to reinstall PowerDVD, but uninstall any codec packs first. Also, you might have got a crap version of PowerDVD if you downloaded it. ;)

I reinstalled power dvd and I get the same thing with hardware accel on I get 100%, and with it off I get error 0013 imcompatible driver. When I used there program to scan my system it says everything is okay accept it doesn't have a check by hd dvd player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reformat and start over. lol.. jk.

Seriously, there must be a driver conflict, codec conflict, or something. Remove all graphics drivers and codec packs, install the newest graphics drivers, update PowerDVD to the newest version, then try again.

Does it matter that my graphics card is in the secondary slot instead of the primary. One day when it was in the primary it started beeping and the guy from Asus told me to put it in the secondary slot. Does anyone know anything about this.

Usually it doesn't matter, but move it back to the primary slot to test it.. (closest to CPU)

ok... i have a bare toshiba sd-s802a drive
DSC01228.JPG

hooked up to a slim optical to ide converter pcb board (via ide and floppy connector for power).

what%20is%20that.JPG

i think the 4 pin connector on the right is for sound? floppy power is on the left, and more sound connectors in the middle.

it will eject when told to do so in software, and windows recognizes it as a Toshiba DVD X807616, but will not read any discs. at first i thought it was just driver issues, but after installing it on 2 different computers + numerous driver re-installs i don't think it even spins up. i've put cds/dvds/hddvds in there and i never hear the loud spinning everyone complains about with this drive. so i'm assuming the motor is dead? any suggestions?

found an interesting page... anyone read japanese? http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/xbox360hddvd/xbox360hddvd_top.htm
google translated:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/xbox360hddvd/xbox360hddvd_top.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmc05%2Bs802a%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

i think the 4 pin connector on the right is for sound? floppy power is on the left, and more sound connectors in the middle.

if my memory doesn't fail me, that's an digital audio output to hook up the device (cd-rom, dvd-rom) to a sound card.......

Yea, they are both audio connectors. Two different types for two different style connectors. I think they both output the exact same signal though.

Back