Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive for $99 YMMV!!!

I don't want to take credit for this, so here's a reference to the slickdeals thread:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=410335&highlight=xbox

It's for a small chain of stores in LA, but you can printout a side of the ad, and try to get a store to pricematch it. Now it is a printout, the side with the drive doesn't say the sale dates or the locations or phone number, so this is a HUGE YMMW. BUT I just got this to work at a Best Buy in Overland Park, KS. Tons of people trying this are getting shot down by managers, but some are getting this deal. My suggestion, do it when the store is super busy. When I got mine, the manager didn't even look at the screen or ask what it was when putting in her userid/password to approve the pricematch.

I hadn't seen any mention of this on [H]ard yet, and it's too damn good of a deal to let slip by. Adding a $100 HD-DVD drive to the 360 Premium I got for $300 at Microcenter ain't too bad....

Uhm

The ad linked shows christmas 2006. It also has 01/01/2007 as the last date of sale, so....Unless you live near there, I doubt any store is going to match this.

People on slickdeals who live nearby are reporting failure.

Not saying it's impossible.. just REALLY emphasizing YMMV

if you haven't had any luck and have an attractive friend or sister, call in a favor and have them give it a shot. i went to 2 best buys and 2 circuit city stores, including one that a joystiq reader said gave the price match, but i didn't have any luck.

i asked my sister to give it a shot at the CC by her house. i don't think it should be too surprising that the male sales rep gave her the price match without any trouble, including 10% of the difference, which means that i got the drive, the universal remote, and a copy of king kong for 89 plus tax. such a sweet deal :D

good luck everybody!

ScotteusMaximus said:
if you haven't had any luck and have an attractive friend or sister, call in a favor and have them give it a shot. i went to 2 best buys and 2 circuit city stores, including one that a joystiq reader said gave the price match, but i didn't have any luck.

i asked my sister to give it a shot at the CC by her house. i don't think it should be too surprising that the male sales rep gave her the price match without any trouble, including 10% of the difference, which means that i got the drive, the universal remote, and a copy of king kong for 89 plus tax. such a sweet deal :D

good luck everybody!

sounds about right, i used to do the same thing...(assuming she was hot)

Worked 4 me at Best Buy in Independance Mo!

Thanks OP!

I'd been wanting to pick one up! - got it for half price!

I tried at Circuit City and Sears as well, they said 'no go.'

Try it at a couple different places if it doesn't work at the first. It was about 11:30AM when it went through for me at best buy!

I'm in Leavenworth, going to have to try this as two ppl here within a hour of me got it so...
heres hoping.

Well, I went to my local CC to pricematch, they called gameplay but it was sold out so no go. Oh well. Does Walmart call or will the ad be enough?

Back