Xbox 360 - Extended Warranty Options?

So I'm looking at a 360, around here I've got Gamestop, Best Buy, Circuit City, and maybe a few other shops (southern california). I'm reading threads about people losing their 360, and I'm worried that mine will die after a while (it is a pretty big investment). How do the different warranties compare? Do any of the stores offer in-store replacement options for something like this, or would I just be stuck getting the MS warranty?

Get the MS Warranty. The in-store warranties usually only cover one replacement and then it is over. The MS Warranty is fully transferrable.

from what i've read, you get the ms warranty form in your 360 box. I think it's $60, and it covers it for 2 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the MS warranty will cover ALL repairs to your system, while places like BB is only good for 1 replacement.

Orange.exe said:
from what i've read, you get the ms warranty form in your 360 box. I think it's $60, and it covers it for 2 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the MS warranty will cover ALL repairs to your system, while places like BB is only good for 1 replacement.

i know someone that has the ms warranty. his 360 broke down, he mailed it in for repair, 3 weeks later they sent him another 360 that also broke down. i think ms sends refurbished units (not sure though).

with best buy, you bring your broken 360 to the store and they replace it with a new one the same day.

although i like the fact that with the ms warranty is transferrable, you may have to wait a few weeks to have your broken unit replaced.

Thats a good point, the M$ gets you a refurbished model and it may take 2-3 weeks to get your xbox 360 back. But if it continues to break your still covered.

In store coverage will get you a brand new one, but usually only once.

As has been mentioned, each warranty has its pros and cons. With MS's warranty it takes a while to get your system back. You can expect 3-4 days to receive the box, 3-4 days to ship the console, and 3-4 days to have them ship one back. That's up to 2 weeks in shipping alone. From what I've seen, MS usually just sends you a refurbished 360 soon after they receive your system. That might not be the case every time, but that seems to be what usually happens.

JohnleMVP said:
Thats a good point, the M$ gets you a refurbished model and it may take 2-3 weeks to get your xbox 360 back. But if it continues to break your still covered.

In store coverage will get you a brand new one, but usually only once.

I've talked to my local gamestop with their warranty policy and yes they only replace it once, but they also said just have to pay a little bit to get the warranty on the replacement system again. I think that way it is better than getting back a refurbished system and it is local.

Back