xbox 360 Elite shortage?

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Guys,

I've been saving some cash up so that I may get a 360, well I finally have enough to get one, and lo and behold, there are none? I mean I see plenty cores and premiums, but no elites, at least none in the big elctronics stores. I haven't checked Costco or Walmart, but a couple EB's that I checked were out, Best Buy and Future Shop were both out, as well I'm hearing from the employyes, that the only shipment they go was the launch shipment and no more since.

If anyone has seen some or can help me find one that would be great. I'm really sad that this has happened, go figure, just as I am to buy one, they go out of stock (the stores I mentioned had them laying around with no one buying them for weeks, but now, they be gone :(, well, according to employees at store, been gone for a couple weeks )

I'm in the GTA(Toronto) area btw

I cannot help you with your specific area but I was told the same thing by most stores around here (EB, Best Buy, Target, etc.). However, I was walking through Best Buy and glanced down to see an Elite sitting on the shelf so I picked it up. The units have been trickling in for the past couple of weeks now.

At all the local big box stores around here we have a pretty healthy stock.

Well except for Costco (don't have a memberhsip there, will see if I can find a friend who does) I've checked every possible place that could sell it in my city, none what so ever, I'm sure theres some still lying on a store floor, but not in my city :(. This is depressing :p I finally have some money I want to spend on my self, and bam, there are none.

Stupid Elite being the only one with HDMI and 120GB HardDrive. If any GTA(Great Toronto Area) folks know a store that has one, let me know please :)

(crosses fingers X) Heres to hoping :(

I ran into the same thing in Phoenix. Every store was out and the employees said they hadn't had any in since launch. Fry's Electronics had two sitting in the back, I was looking for a specific lot # for modding purposes but picked those up since it seems that finding them at this point is a crap shoot. I'm glad I spent the extra $80 on an Elite. Unfotunately I haven't had much time to play :(

I live in Phoenix too! Last week I asked if they had any in back and they told me no!

I live in Phoenix too! Last week I asked if they had any in back and they told me no!
The Fry's on baseline had one locked up behind the gaming/software desk last week. Call and see if it's still there.

Costco.com has them in stock at the moment (It is a bundle: extra controller with charging kit, no games).

I have noticed that Costco.com seems to get them in stock every few weeks.

Become a Costco member, its worth the $50 and if for any reason you are not satisfied with the membership (even on day 363) they will give you a refund. Not only that but Xbox's are classified as "toys" if it breaks ANYTIME take it back for a full refund. Mine bricked after 9 months and I returned it for a full refund.

I'm having the same problem here in Toronto...they're all over eBay, but I'm not interested in paying for some stupid custom fee, much less shipping. The majority of the sellers are in the U.S.

Best Buy doesn't have any, nor does Future Shop, The Source, Amazon.ca...UGH!

Where they limited run?

They aren't a limited run, its just that they are new and anyone looking to buy an xbox 360 at this point is probably going to get an Elite.

They aren't a limited run, its just that they are new and anyone looking to buy an xbox 360 at this point is probably going to get an Elite.

Ya, but look at how scarce they are...when did the 360 Elite become the new Wii? Or w/e you want to call it

Surely increased demand would mean MS would put more out to the retailers. As far as I know, the 360 isn't in nearly as much demand as the Wii.

Actually, didn't Microsoft said they'll only hav 100000 out in each country or 100000 total or soemthign like that? Atleast I know I read taht about the Black elites, if there are white elites now.... >.> then nevermind.

The Black version is limited. Microsoft said they are only making so many of them, then it go back to the white case. So im guessing most of the Black versions sold out and that pretty soon the Whites will be rolling out by the end of the summer.

for anyone willing to drive in the GTA, or near hamilton, last check (This past weekend) there was one elite on shelf @ the toys'r'us at limeridge mall in hamilton. call to check if you plan on driving down for it though :p

I got one on the first day they came out - there was like 20 of them in my best buy, a week later my friend decides to get one too. and BAM! sold out EVERYWHERE. I've checked all of NYC area a good portion of NJ - northern NJ is sold out, southern NJ is sold out.... WTF

best buy was selling them through their website as late as tuesday this week but is now showing them sold out

Everyones xboxs that did die are now purchasing the elite now most likely. Like everyone else was saying it could be that the shortages were for the black limited edition version. :)

Everyones xboxs that did die are now purchasing the elite now most likely. Like everyone else was saying it could be that the shortages were for the black limited edition version. :)

Believe it or not, but there were quite a few people that were holding off on the 360 until (a) a larger HDD or (b) HDMI outputs. As such, a lot of Elite purchases are from first-time buyers. I upgraded to the Elite [from a Premium], but only because I wanted the extra features and it was only $80 more.

Also, I believe that the black Elite is a permannet SKU, but I could be wrong.

Back