Xbox 360/ Display question

Corbin

Limp Gawd
first of all I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, it has to do with an Xbox 360 and a display.

this christmas I was thinking of buying a 360 for myself (yea I don't have one already) and I was wondering if I could hook it up to my 22" widescreen Acer instead of my tv. My tv is pretty poor quality and only like 24" and I would think I would like playing on the widescreen better. Is there a way I could do this so that I could switch between the 360 and normal computing without removing cords and such, and also keeping the same quality of gaming.
I'm also getting the 360 pro (300$ one) if that matters.

Well, that would work just fine on your monitor, yes. However, you would need to purchase a 3rd or 1st party VGA cable (unless your monitor supports HDMI). Most monitors have either HDMI, VGA, or DVI, and usually have more than one input available. I used to have a setup where my monitor was plugged in to my PC using DVI, and my 360 was plugged in through the VGA. I just had to switch the input on the front of the monitor.

Yes you can. If your monitor have 2 inputs. If it has 2 vgas/ or a vga/dvi. And use a DVI for your computer. You can get a VGA connector for the 360 and go with that. You can also I guess, get a HDMI and an HDMI to DVI and do that. Given that your monitor has 2 input and the ability to switch between the two.

ok i checked and I have an open VGA input spot so I'll just use the setup that "the hedon" used. thx for all the help.

Back