Xbox 360 + Dell LCD = ??

Furhead

n00b
Hey guys i have heard rumors on the internets that you can hook the 360 up to lcd monitors. I have the Dell E207WFP , Wide 20 Inch Flat Panel, will the cables that come with the premium 360 work on it?link

Furhead said:
Hey guys i have heard rumors on the internets that you can hook the 360 up to lcd monitors. I have the Dell E207WFP , Wide 20 Inch Flat Panel, will the cables that come with the premium 360 work on it?link
not to try and be a thread crapper
their are like 100 threads on this discussion. use the search button

For what you need is the " Xbox HD VGA Cables "

Yeah you need to go out and buy the VGA cables Microsoft sells. They do not come with Xbox 360 package. There usually around $40 - $50 bucks. I payed $45 for mine I believe. The 360 does look good on a nice monitor though.

can you hook up your 360 to that particular model as shown in the link? just using the VGA adaptor ?

I might get that one aswell.

Buckweed said:
can you hook up your 360 to that particular model as shown in the link? just using the VGA adaptor ?

I might get that one aswell.
Yes, but also any monitor that has both DVI and VGA inputs....simply use DVI to your video card and the VGA cable for the 360. Looks fantastic on my 2007FPW through VGA.

joemama said:
Yes, but also any monitor that has both DVI and VGA inputs....simply use DVI to your video card and the VGA cable for the 360. Looks fantastic on my 2007FPW through VGA.
do you notice any banding problems?

Mhiero said:
do you notice any banding problems?
Only when I run certain banding tests....never in normal use. Banding only shows up using DVI anyway, VGA doesn't have that problem for some reason.

note235 said:
compusa or bestbuy-$39.99 plus tax
Or buy them used at gamestop for $15, you dont get the gender changers but its alot cheaper.

Back