Xbox 360 controller for Windows (USB version) $19.99 - Fry's B&M Only

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
Yep, Fry's, that bastion of cheap prices that most of you simply haven't ever had the pleasure (or displeasure if you needed to return something) of traveling to... regardless, as per today's San Jose ad, this may or may not be valid at a Fry's near you if you're one of the fortunate few - yes that rhymes, I'm a poet, donchaknowit...

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=7597919&subid=25302160&type=

Online price is still listed as $44.99 so this could be just at the San Jose spots... but but but...

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=7599751&subid=25302922&type=

It's also in Dallas at that price also. Unforunately we don't get so lucky here with the ads printed online from the LVRJ newspaper but I'm guessing if it's in those two, it's chain-wide, but B&M only.

So a DEFINITE HotDeal for those interested in getting some extra controllers, or using those with the PC. No they're not wireless, but for nearly 55% off, I'd grab 'em if I were some of you. :)

usually if you see it at 2 to 3 stores its chain wide.. all in store sales will never be on the website along with website sales will never happen in store.. they tend to keep them two separate entities under the same name..

fry's isnt bad.. i actually like their return policy.. lol i got to test out 4 gfx cards over a 3 month period before i finally chose what card i wanted.. :p

usually if you see it at 2 to 3 stores its chain wide.. all in store sales will never be on the website along with website sales will never happen in store.. they tend to keep them two separate entities under the same name..

fry's isnt bad.. i actually like their return policy.. lol i got to test out 4 gfx cards over a 3 month period before i finally chose what card i wanted.. :p

Yeah well, they're cracking down on the returns now, and actually requiring that the hardware be tested at the customer service area where you make the returns, so... at least that's what they're doing here in Vegas now. They'll make you stand around for quite a long time till someone with half a brain comes to plug in or set up or do what's necessary to verify the issue you're claiming is the reason for the return.

A bit irritating but, I guess if it helps cut down on the excessive amount of reboxed/resold stuff (the dreaded orange-bordered sticker) I'm all for it. Even so... it's a hassle for the customer.

It's not in the LA/OC ad today.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Bummer. I live close to a Fry's so I might have to go check it out anyway. Just another excuse to go to Fry's . ;)

Inorder to play two players do you need two of the USB recievers or do you just need one reciever and two controllers? I already have 360 controllers, but I wasn't sure if I need to buy two of these units.

I'll be one of the guys waiting for Fry's to open..

Inorder to play two players do you need two of the USB recievers or do you just need one reciever and two controllers? I already have 360 controllers, but I wasn't sure if I need to buy two of these units.

I'll be one of the guys waiting for Fry's to open..

Amazon said:
Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah well, they're cracking down on the returns now, and actually requiring that the hardware be tested at the customer service area where you make the returns, so... at least that's what they're doing here in Vegas now. They'll make you stand around for quite a long time till someone with half a brain comes to plug in or set up or do what's necessary to verify the issue you're claiming is the reason for the return.

A bit irritating but, I guess if it helps cut down on the excessive amount of reboxed/resold stuff (the dreaded orange-bordered sticker) I'm all for it. Even so... it's a hassle for the customer.

I don't believe the item needs to be proven defective in order to return it though. I've returned a few things just because I didn't like them and they gave me no problem about it.

Amazon:

Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver

Thanks shiina, I'm on my way..

I don't believe the item needs to be proven defective in order to return it though. I've returned a few things just because I didn't like them and they gave me no problem about it.

For things such as pre built computers and such you have 30 days to return an item for any reason. You will still have to wait while the service department tests the item and make sure you didn't swap out a harddrive, ram, graphic card etc.

Thing such as memory and processors are different, they made you sign a sheet before purchasing it saying you have 15 days to return an item, and they won't accept returns for X, Y, Z. If you have to sign a sheet saying you understand the return policy, you are going to have to jump through more hoops.

i returned a 4850 a few weeks ago to a frys here in tx and they didnt bother taking it out of the anti static bag to check if it worked or not

can you use this with a wireless Xbox 360 controller (non-pc)??

Yes, the USB ports you use to charge with the plug and play charge kit, also will let you use the wired controllers. In other words, they're fully functional USB ports.

I was mistaken above. It's not in the LA Times ad, but it is in the 8 page OCR ad (on page 2 or 3). It should apply to all the socal stores even though San Diego has a different ad.

the wired controller is fine, but the cord gets twisted up and generally a pain when it de-clips, which happens often as its easy to undo.

the thing with the wireless controllers is they work 100% just as good as the usb versions, there is NO difference at ALL in operation... there just isnt much reason at all to buy the corded version, unless you could save say 50% cost or something, but thats just not the case...

Back