Xbox 360 Console & Dell 2407wfp - Pink screen

AY786

Limp Gawd
I turned the xbox on today and i just got a pink screen but i could slightly see the xbox menu. Do you think this could be the xbox or the dell monitor. i tried any lose connections and everythink seems to be fine

Is this the same monitor you're using, to post on the board? I'm not familiar with your display, but if so, and that monitor has more then one input (you have the 360 on one, and your PC on the other), have you tried swapping connections?

Sounds more like a monitor issue. I've never heard of this problem with the 360 before...

i was using my computer on it and its fine but when i turn my xbox on, this is when i have the problem, 2 days ago it was working fine though

Are you using component? The VGA cable works best for destop lcd's..

yeh its currently set up 2 component. i think it may be the xbox as my screen is working fine when i use my computer

yeh its currently set up 2 component. i think it may be the xbox as my screen is working fine when i use my computer
Component connections on desktop monitors generally suck...you would most likely get better overall PQ by getting a 360 VGA cable.

i tried the xbox 360 downstairs tv and its just come up with 4 red lights

yeh sorry, it works perfectly fine downstairs, so could it be my monitor?

yeh sorry, it works perfectly fine downstairs, so could it be my monitor?
I'm guessing that "downstairs" you hooked it up to a tv...I'm willing to be that getting a VGA cable will cure your problem with the 2407.

i got a vga cable today and that worked fine, however i prefer the quality from component - much better. So i mite buy a new component cable and hope that it was the cable that was faulty

In my opinion the VGA looks better when you adjust the "Reference Levels" under the "Display" option, on the System Blade. If you haven't already done so, go there and change it.

Back