xbox 360 2nd Shipment? I got mine!!

Nuzzles said:
Oh, longer videos? :D

I dont know if I can do that. Supload says it has a 20MB maximum although the first video was something like 38MB. I'll try it again in a few.

alkoholik said:
I dont know if I can do that. Supload says it has a 20MB maximum although the first video was something like 38MB. I'll try it again in a few.
Maybe use Winrar or Winzip to make them in parts (PGR3Vid_1, PGR3Vid_2, PGR3Vid_3 etc) but that might not be the best solution.

*edit*

Or do what Nuzzles said :D

Nice. Sine you live in America how it is like driving in the New York Circuit's ?

*edit*

In a good way compact is good for longer clips.

But in a bad way there is no sounds and the quality is let's say poor.

My suggestion is use Rapidshare. :D

the gamer said:
Nice. Sine you live in America how it is like driving in the New York Circuit's ?

*edit*

In a good way compact is good for longer clips.

But in a bad way there is no sounds and the quality is let's say poor.

theres no sound, really?? I havent driven the NY circuits yet....just london and the test track.

ROFL I just remembered I just turn off my speakers ROFL I couldnt believe it myself.

Yes make fun of me I deserve it, Really I do.

well, the longer video I upped via google videos....it now has to go thru a verification process. if its not done in the next 15 mins (1230 EST) then I'll post it tomorrow as I got to work in the am. hope everyone enjoyed everything!

o_O I had sound from the longer clip....Weird.... Edit: Whops, I thought the OP (Sorry, I can't remember your name...confuzzles me...>.> ) he turned his speakers off. xD

Thanks man. Looking forward to this next video.

well google video is still verifiying my video....bed time for me....ill upload it tomorrow

alkoholik said:
just got a message from EB that my x360 was in stock. went to the store and picked it up along with PGR3...installing it now. I'll take pics later as well as a copy of my receipt if there any doubters in the house....

Going back to the original post. I walked into the local walmart today at around 9pm and what did I spy? I couple of Xbox Premium systems. Got the system all hooked up and now I just have to go and buy some games. Although those cheap little games you can download from xbox live are keeping me entertained for the moment.

Congrats, dude. The setup looks nice, and I'm glad you're enjoying your games. Don't be too distraught about your Madden game not working. I'm sure after sales of the X360 version drop, they'll add it into the backwards compatibility list. I'd say about this time next year when Madden 07 is out :D

PGR3 looks nice on your TV - hop on live and enjoy the new modes ;)

alkoholik said:
kinda hijacking my own thread here.....anyone know if you can use the wired controller on the PC? i looked at some at BB today and it looks like a standard usb jack....but then I went into the computer section and they had what looked like the same controller that said "for windows PCs" but wasnt in the same package as all the other xbox 360 controllers.

im on project gotham tv now...took a bunch of pics and it looks great
just got to upload them to a website so I can host them on this thread....anybody know how to do that?

Im pretty sure they are the same controller, all you need are the drivers, located here...

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=pk_xbox_cont&os=xp&lang=en&driverVersion=Download%20XBox%20360%20Controller%20for%20Windows

Just to warn you:- I have heard that some people have had problems with the wired 360 controllers working on the PC, the control sticks don't center properly.

alkoholik said:
kinda hijacking my own thread here.....anyone know if you can use the wired controller on the PC? i looked at some at BB today and it looks like a standard usb jack....but then I went into the computer section and they had what looked like the same controller that said "for windows PCs" but wasnt in the same package as all the other xbox 360 controllers.

MSRP is 39/99 for the windows controller. BBY is just charging more. The only difference is that the windows version includes the drivers. You can download them from MS's website.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/C/8/AC8CA87C-4F5B-49D6-9E0A-C0BBA2E96663/XBOX360Eng.exe
This does not currently work for a wireless using charge and play.

Dew said:
MSRP is 39/99 for the windows controller. BBY is just charging more. The only difference is that the windows version includes the drivers. You can download them from MS's website.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/C/8/AC8CA87C-4F5B-49D6-9E0A-C0BBA2E96663/XBOX360Eng.exe
This does not currently work for a wireless using charge and play.

yeah, the price check for it at BBY was $44.99 while the regular xbox control pad was $39.99

has anybody else used any of these on the PC yet? and if so, how was the gameplay?

congrats man, glad you finally got one. not get on xbox live with some PDZ and lets get at it. gamertag : XTABX

xTABx7 said:
congrats man, glad you finally got one. not get on xbox live with some PDZ and lets get at it. gamertag : XTABX

ah, i cant play FPS on console....im old skool KB/Mouse that i cant play w/o em

anyways...if u got PGR3 u can look me up on XLive
gamertag: alkohoLiK

Shadow27 said:
How does it look on the 17"? What res did you set it to and if 1280x720 does it automatically set the max refresh and does it have bars at the top and bottom?

\Hijack

Awesome screens BTW, will download the vid's when I get home :cool:

It looks amazing on my 17"

A little small, but, when i'm sitting like a foot away from the screens its about the same as beeing several feet/yards away from a bigger tv.

And i set the resolution at 1280x1024. I guess it sets at the max refresh rate, because the way my monitor is, if its not at the right refresh at 1280x1024 then it doesnt align correctly.

I can't be for sure as i havent played many games, but Since it isnt a widescreen aspect monitor, it either does put bars at the top OR it renders it at 4:3. PD0 had bars, madden 06 didnt, and for PGR3 i dont remember

Man WTF, Im in Austin TX, been calling everystore about this second shipment and they have no idea what I am talking about. All they tell me is, they wont get any till February. I called Toys R Us last night and the guy tells me to try Ebay. Austin is not a huge city but its not small either, I wonder why no luck here :(..

martinje said:
Man WTF, Im in Austin TX, been calling everystore about this second shipment and they have no idea what I am talking about. All they tell me is, they wont get any till February. I called Toys R Us last night and the guy tells me to try Ebay. Austin is not a huge city but its not small either, I wonder why no luck here :(..

after reading some posts it looks like BBY is stocking up on their shipments of the 360. in their weekly newsletter to employees it advises not to sell any prior to Dec 18. Looks like that day there will be a large advertisment in their circular for the system. I'd say get there early and you'd have a good chance to get one.

I'm sure if you call BBY and ask about it they'll just deny it. Just go to the store early Sunday and test your luck.

quick update.....

google still hasnt approved my video...so I'm waiting on that. I also upped it to another server but I'm at work now and I cant access my home PC. Hopefully google approves it soon....worst case scenario I'll post the link to the other server when I get home at 430pm EST.

martinje said:

Every best buy in your area will be getting 20+ on Sunday. Actually they'll get them before Sunday but will sell them on the 18th.

martinje said:

You need to go check small towns. I easily got mine at the local walmart in a town of about 22,000. I go down the road to the Twin Cities and everyone there is telling people not until after new years.

Also check lesser used stores. I have been able to easily get consoles on release date (the 360 being the first I couldn't) by going to the local CostCo. I remember when the DS came out everyone was sold out. I stopped by the Costco and they said I was the first person to buy one and they had plenty more in stock.

alkoholik said:
after reading some posts it looks like BBY is stocking up on their shipments of the 360. in their weekly newsletter to employees it advises not to sell any prior to Dec 18. Looks like that day there will be a large advertisment in their circular for the system. I'd say get there early and you'd have a good chance to get one.

I'm sure if you call BBY and ask about it they'll just deny it. Just go to the store early Sunday and test your luck.
SHHH, don't spread it, might mean bigger line for me on that day :)

air2k5 said:
SHHH, don't spread it, might mean bigger line for me on that day :)

good luck....i think this time around more people are going to be able to get their hands on one....esp with xmas right around the corner. I tried to do the lesser known stores at launch with no luck....I'd stick with BBY this time around tho (if I didnt have one already) and then go check out the Costcos and Gamecrazys of the world.

on the other hand more people might be out this time just looking to make a buck on ebay.....they saw how much the consoles went for at launch and want to cash in.....who knows tho

alkoholik said:
good luck....i think this time around more people are going to be able to get their hands on one....esp with xmas right around the corner. I tried to do the lesser known stores at launch with no luck....I'd stick with BBY this time around tho (if I didnt have one already) and then go check out the Costcos and Gamecrazys of the world.

on the other hand more people might be out this time just looking to make a buck on ebay.....they saw how much the consoles went for at launch and want to cash in.....who knows tho
Oh man, lol, I have $500 to spend on it, so I am thinking how bad it might be. At one tim I was thinking of camping out a night, but then i came toa realization that i am not that big of a game Dork.

Techx said:
bastard, i preordered in early nov and i got squat :p
That is what you get for preordering shit. It is stupid and always kicked you in the ass.

Techx said:
bastard, i preordered in early nov and i got squat :p

I pre-ordered in MAY and didnt get it until yesterday....so I dont want to hear it....boohoo early nov....wtf? try waiting 7 months......

alkoholik said:
I pre-ordered in MAY and didnt get it until yesterday....so I dont want to hear it....boohoo early nov....wtf? try waiting 7 months......

aha relax there sparky, when i was reading the thread i though you were this guy:
I should have replied to HIM! wtf is he getting his so early for :p

Time2Kill said:
I just ordered mine on Dec 8th from Gamestop.com
Just got off the phone with them, it will be shipping tomorrow morning and I will have it Wednesday :cool:

Prolly going to throw this one up on ebay too....although I would love to play some PGR3

brom42 said:
You need to go check small towns. I easily got mine at the local walmart in a town of about 22,000. I go down the road to the Twin Cities and everyone there is telling people not until after new years.

Also check lesser used stores. I have been able to easily get consoles on release date (the 360 being the first I couldn't) by going to the local CostCo. I remember when the DS came out everyone was sold out. I stopped by the Costco and they said I was the first person to buy one and they had plenty more in stock.

Costco didn't work for me this year. There was a waiting line. The thing that pissed me off was they decided to hand out "tickets" sometime in the early am. This is something costco never does. I have the executive membership which I figured would get me in an hour before the regular accounts. I don't even know if they asked people in line if they were executive accounts or not. :(

flapbreaker said:
Costco didn't work for me this year. There was a waiting line. The thing that pissed me off was they decided to hand out "tickets" sometime in the early am. This is something costco never does. I have the executive membership which I figured would get me in an hour before the regular accounts. I don't even know if they asked people in line if they were executive accounts or not. :(

I had the same exact plan.....i have a business account and I figured I would be able to get in a hour before the rest. when i got there....there was a line with about 100 people on it....i really doubt all of them had the better accounts....they probably just handed out the 360s on a first come first serve basis at 10am regardless.

alkoholik said:
I had the same exact plan.....i have a business account and I figured I would be able to get in a hour before the rest. when i got there....there was a line with about 100 people on it....i really doubt all of them had the better accounts....they probably just handed out the 360s on a first come first serve basis at 10am regardless.

Sounds like what happened at Sam's Club. I waited with a friend who was a Gold Key member, which normally allows early entry into the store, and pretty much everyone else in line had a standard membership. Apparently Sam's "official" policy was to sell the Xbox 360's on a first come, first served basis.

Didn't matter to me much, I was first in line. ;)

I'm going to do one more high quality movie tonight.....should be posted some time prior to 10pm EST....be on the look out!

Back