XBone and Forza 5 Test Drive Impressions

I am not defending GT mind you :p heck i never mentioned it, my point was in regards to the Forza series.

No, I'm not saying one is better than the other (I love GT as much as Forza). I'm just saying that this is par for the course (re: racing franchises going next gen).

First, I completely agree with you regarding LaFerrari. That's just a scumbag move. But the people who are complaining about "less cars, less tracks" either have a short memory or never went through a next-gen transition. Gran Turismo 2 had about 600 cars. Gran Turismo 3 had 150 cars. Higher detail = more time spent on making the model. Gran Turismo 4 had more than 600 cars. Gran Turismo 5? Less than 250 (I'm sorry, those GT4 "Standard" models don't count).

Well I've read that the final list for Forza 5 includes 202 cars, and 60 more through DLC. You can check it out here. http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f...otorsport_5_complete_car_roster_revealed.html

Now you might not like the extra cars that GT5 provided, but I enjoy most all those extra cars and tuning them; while finding out pro's and cons. GT6 official car list posted 1197 for their car list. :) You can check it out here. http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-car-list/

Adam Sessler has a short video up on youtube, where he gives some quick impressions of Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, and the new Kinect. The quick takeaways are:

To him, Forza was the "most next-gen."
Ryse surprised him the most, calling it a mixture of Assassin's Creed and Batman.
Forza and Dead Rising alone should have enough content to keep gamers busy until Titanfall.
He liked the subtle Kinect integration into games like Dead Rising, and was impressed with the new improved sensitivity.

Well I've read that the final list for Forza 5 includes 202 cars, and 60 more through DLC. You can check it out here. http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f...otorsport_5_complete_car_roster_revealed.html

Now you might not like the extra cars that GT5 provided, but I enjoy most all those extra cars and tuning them; while finding out pro's and cons. GT6 official car list posted 1197 for their car list. :) You can check it out here. http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-car-list/

Yeah, and once again, most of those are old hold overs from PS2 era, lol. They may have looked great in 2001 and 2005, but it's almost 2014...

Yeah 1197 cars and most people won't care about 1000 of them. Not to mention a lot of those cars are just iterations of themselves.

Yea same bullshit PD/Kaz car filler. They added four new GTR's to the list, which is the last fucking thing the series needs.

I don't even know why GT is mentioned when this is a thread about Forza. Nobody gives a crap about GT, fuck that series and fuck kaz.

Errr... wrong.

but i agree that mentioning it derails the thread.

Based on sales of GT5 , its still a very relevant racing franchise. But I doubt gamers will buy GT6 with the same expectations they had for GT5 and how bad GT5 failed to meet them.

As of March 2013, Gran Turismo 5 sold over 10 million units. Gran Turismo 5 is the best-selling video game for the PlayStation 3.

Based on sales of GT5 , its still a very relevant racing franchise. But I doubt gamers will buy GT6 with the same expectations they had for GT5 and how bad GT5 failed to meet them.

Agreed. I had GT6 pre-ordered and cancelled it when I started to see some of the video. Its the same GT5 with a few added features and some cars that were standard converted to premium. Bottom line, the PS3 isn't even close to powerful enough to compete with the Xbox One, and apparently it wasn't capable of competing with FM4 on the 360 either. I may pick up GT6 later down the road when it drops to $20 which I expect it to in a few months after release.

Do we not compare COD and BF series? Sonic, Crash and Mario series? Then there will be comparisons with Forza and GT series to discuss what makes which series better based on opinions.

Decrying is not an opinion if what makes Forza a better game than GT series at the end of the day is it?

I liked hearing Angelus897 state his opinion that he believes the non premium car models in GT5 were unimportant to him, because I don't see it that way but he does so it gets me thinking what they should improve with GT6.

Dark Saturn touched on Paint, and how he is a Jazz music hater. :D

chimera996 wants to see more Mustangs I know there is the Shelby 500 13' and Boss 302 13' in GT6 ;) Forza will lack the Boss 302 unless they add it with DLC. I agree I want those 2 modern muscle cars added! They were, well in GT6 Forza just has the Shelby GT500 13'.

Forza 5 does have native 1920x1080p where GT5 was 1280x1080p I believe, so yeah GT6 at native 1080p I think is impossible. But I don't see a 2014 Stingray Vette either on the Forza list, if they don't get that on DLC they suck. There's every C1-C7 on GT6, not on Forza 5. I think the reason for so many Nissans is because they were always so damn awesome from the 300zx TT to the balanced 240SX drifting beast to the 350,370Z and Godzilla GT-R. Awesome heritage of development just there. 8 different Vipers, TVRs, over 20 Lancers, over a dozen Imprezas, so many Mercedes-Benz?? Prbably over 100 toyotas and nissans lol. But why not I say I'm a car lover?

Forza 5 looks cool though even with limited cars, I'll watch some youtube LP's come Nov 22 :) same with GT6 Dec whatever.

Do we not compare COD and BF series? Sonic, Crash and Mario series? Then there will be comparisons with Forza and GT series to discuss what makes which series better based on opinions.

Decrying is not an opinion if what makes Forza a better game than GT series at the end of the day is it?
Did you not read the title of the thread? quit shitting on this one and create a comparison thread.
this is about xbone and forza 5 driving impression. yea no shit!

now back to the friggen topic.
forza will probably end up with close to 300 full detail and full damage cars. I hope they get another Porsche pack!

Did you not read the title of the thread? quit shitting on this one and create a comparison thread.

forza will probably end up with close to 300 full detail and full damage cars. I hope they get another Porsche pack!

Trust me on this , use ignore. Its the only way to silence the nonsense and flame bait.

Forza 5 Test Drive Impressions

Those are my impressions it's a bit low on cars. :eek: And has 1080p native, and I want to see the Lets Plays of it. Why you so mad?

Yeah 1197 cars and most people won't care about 1000 of them. Not to mention a lot of those cars are just iterations of themselves.

That was always the * attached to the GT series car list. you had technically more cars, but there were 20-30 different tuner versions of the Supera, and each counted as a different car. So Far I think FM4 was the peak in terms of car lists. you had 600 cars, and until you got into some of the race cars, they were all distinctly different. for most popular names, just about every generation was offered. They even managed to overcome EA's Porsche bullshit.

that being said, after reading Autoblogs report, its clear Turn 10 got pushed into this one early. I had preordered the Limited Edition again, just to hold on to for one I can pickup a XB1. Cancelled that. I don't have a problem with getting the DLC, as the car packs have always been worthwhile to me, but there is just too much content that was lost this iteration. I know i'll pick it up eventually, but when my personal FM4 garage is 250+ and every vehicle tuned and race for its class, I know I will be frustrated by the lack of content out of the box.

that being said, after reading Autoblogs report, its clear Turn 10 got pushed into this one early. I had preordered the Limited Edition again, just to hold on to for one I can pickup a XB1. Cancelled that. I don't have a problem with getting the DLC, as the car packs have always been worthwhile to me, but there is just too much content that was lost this iteration. I know i'll pick it up eventually, but when my personal FM4 garage is 250+ and every vehicle tuned and race for its class, I know I will be frustrated by the lack of content out of the box.

It's always frustrating to know there is more content that didn't come out with the game. I think its really a double edged sword. If we didn't have DLC, some games may never have the extra content and just come out as they are, but also I believe publishers have gotten a bit greedy and held back some content. It is hard to know how much is held back and how much really couldn't make it into the game originally.

Like I said I had no issue with the DLC for FM4. They added something like 120+ cars to FM4 through the various DLC and Bonus packs and a lot of the additions were eyebrow raising. 1996 Impala SS or the 57 BelAir. That was done to keep the enthusiasts happy, and it worked. With every DLC there were 1-2 or cars I flat out wanted and 5-6 more that surprised me when I tried them out. They felt like they were trying to respond to the community in a good way.

With FM5, Microsoft had them announce that every car would be AutoVista capable. which while kinda of neat to play around with, really isn't the point of the game. but it does look pretty and acts as a good show piece for the console. problem is that its very time intensive to do so. Between needing to rescan tracks and a huge catalogue of cars to AutoVIsta (some of which only a handful in the world exists to begin with) and MS forcing them as Launch title, it really does feel like Turn 10 ran out of time. correct if I am wrong, but didn't Horizon launch just last year?

while they have shown they can integrate DLC cars in without them feeling like they were missing, they have never been able to do it with tracks. in FM2 and FM3 add on tracks were only raceable if you selected them in a free race, never as part of the core game. they felt disconnected. that's my worry with FM5, the tracks will eventually make it, but they will feel out of place in doing so.

such a shame, as I have never felt let down by a release in this series, and yet i really do think i'll be rocking FM4 for quite a bit longer.

What Turn 10 should do is offer a combination of free DLC and paid DLC. Use the free DLC to at least get it closer to Forza 4 content wise and the paid to take it beyond.

DLC is bascially the get out of jail free card for lacking content in a major release. Kinda pisses me off when its used like that. But I can't blame Turn 10 as they are a premiere first party developer for Xbox and Forza 5 will be vital for Microsoft's success. Since I got to actually play Forza 5 for myself I can safely say that they did NOT waste their time. Even with lesser than expected content its a total package that I rarely see with launch titles. Its a top tier racer without question.

In this case I can personally tolerate it.

Its a top tier racer without question.

This I don't doubt, I am just questioning whether its worth jumping on to right from the start, or take a wait and see approach. if the DLC is going to be on the FM2 level and integrate tracks as effectively, I really could see waiting another two years for the next installment.

800px-Mount_Panorama_street_racing_circuit_in_Australia.svg.png

Back