XBMC

hallohej

Limp Gawd
So my HTPC is up and running atlast!

Buy here is the question.

Some one told me xbmc was the way to go but from what i recall its like a Os? or can it just run like a normal program in windows?

What other programs so good to have?

I run it from within windows. It takes 5 minutes to set up and plays everything.

ncie have a link for the one i need to DL`?

So u can just close the program and use the windows normal as well?

google XBMC, go to the download page, download the windows version.

It runs like any other program

XMBC is a front end software for you to comfortably interface with your HTPC (10 ft interface). It's highly customizable. And if you really know what you're doing with it (which I don't) you can just a whole heck of a lot. Just about everything you need. From BR to emulators to music. I'm in the process of hashing my system out now. It's a little tricky for the xmbc beginner, such as myself, but I see a lot of potential in this bit of open source freeware.

XBMC comes in several versions, one of which is a standalone Windows package. There is also the "Live" version, which boots a customized Ubuntu Linux and uses XBMC as the main interface to the computer. It's not scary command line Linux, it just boots to the XBMC screen. You would normally use this for a dedicated HTPC box, not a computer that you use for other things. It sounds like you just want the Windows version.

Here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe

Last edited:
Back