XBMC Remote7 - An XBMC Remote for Windows Phone 7

Dstruktiv

n00b
Hi all, little bit of shameless advertising here but think it's relevant - Just trying to get some input/feedback from anyone who might have use for this. I'm an HTPC enthusiast and my poison of choice is XBMC - I'm also a self taught .NET dev so I put two and two together and have started coding this remote for the imminent release of Windows Phone 7. The focus has been on a clean, classy and information driven interface. Any feed back is welcome sorry for the vertical image spam...

XBMC Remote7 is a library browser and remote for Windows Phone 7.

Features:

Based on the new JSON-RPC interface for consistent, stable and fast responses from XBMC.

Fully threaded asynchronous code base - XBMC Remote7 will never freeze or lock up, it will always deliver a fluid and seamless UI experience.

Manage unlimited XBMC installations seamlessly from anywhere in the world.

Rich library browser including all meta data and album/cover art.

Ability to queue media at any level i.e. Add all songs by artist to the playlist or all episodes by season etc.

Virtual remote using the touch screen to send key input to XBMC as though you were using a physical remote.

Optomised for the Windows Phone 7 experience making use of the new Pivot and Panorama layouts to seamlessly display all relevant information from a single panel - No need to constantly drill down through sub menus like on other platforms.

Roadmap:

The core library that interacts with XBMC has been completed and all relevant JSON-RPC calls implemented. The focus is now on tightening the user experience to provide the most fluid and intuitive interface possible.

XBMC Remote7 will be available from the market place on Windows Phone 7 launch day. Free and Premium versions will be available. The premium version will be cheap and I hope it will be a compelling deal.

Please feel free to give me some feedback or feature suggestions, this app is for the community so I will listen to everyone and implement suggestions as soon as possible :)

Incremental updates will be posted on my personal site at http://digitalreality.co.nz/ - Sorry it's so bland I actually do a lot of web design I just haven't had the time to put any effort in to this site but I'll get there.

Feel free to PM me or email me at: [email protected]

Demo of an early development build in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMfDr2v9WeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLlcjbJ4gY

Pictures:

zljo5.png

eIX5Z.png

BytUU.png

AYQJ0.png

MpdhT.png

Lb9Ci.png

UA4Nm.png

oLouz.png

JKjnS.png

Jealous. Nicely Done.

Waiting on an Android App now.

Have you tried any (there are at least two) of the existing XBMC Android remote apps? I've used the official one and it's quite good.

The official Android remote is meant to be quite good but I haven't personally used it. I think the application flow and UX of WP7 is really well suited to this sort of application I'm making significant improvements with each day :)

The official Android remote is meant to be quite good but I haven't personally used it. I think the application flow and UX of WP7 is really well suited to this sort of application I'm making significant improvements with each day :)

Is there any overlap between apps for WP7 and the Zune?

Your queuing system actually seems superior to the Android app

I use the xbmc remote app for the iPod touch / iPhone. One thing I like about it is that you can customize the control to what you like

Back