XBMC / Kodi "DEBUG: audio stream stalled. start buffering"

[U]ber|Noob

Limp Gawd
I constantly get buffering every couple of seconds on any HD channel and long buffering delays while fast forwarding any recording. even SD (although this may be normal).

In the log file it shows this error over and over again
"DEBUG: audio stream stalled. start buffering"

I am using Windows vista and the onboard sound (analogue out) with an Asus P5B motherboard.
The computer is a core 2 duo 6400 with 5gb of ram.

This problem has occurred constantly with different tv tuners. I can watch any HD channel without any buffering in the NextPVR program itself but the same channel in XBMC / Kodi buffers constantly.

Any ideas, should I buy a new sound card or do I have to upgrade to Windows 7 / 8 for it to work properly?

I want to use XMBC / Kodi because of the good EPG view and I have set up a good custom fast forwarding interval, but this huge problem is making it almost unusable. But the buffering is a lot less when watching a prerecorded program but still happens sometimes and after fast fowarding it always stops to buffer for 30 seconds to a minute before continuing.

Last edited:
I take it you are streaming of the net using a XBMC addon that is the only time I run into buffering problems with th XBMC

No, there is no streaming, the usb tv stick is on the same computer.

That's why I can't find any solution to this problem, all the threads about about streaming but with the buffering I am getting there is no network or internet involved at all.

Back