x9sae and x9sae-v

The SuperMicro tech support did not give me a lot of confidence, I think I had the new guy.
The manual was a little vague too. Nowhere did I see mention of the chipset supporting the graphics OR that an on CPU GPU was reequired.

Do these MBs need a CPU with a built in GPU?

I am planning on combining this MOBO with a Xeon 1230V2.

thanks

hf

Called tech support again. Got a bit of of humming and hawing but they said the opposite today. The CPU has to have the intel graphics for the ports to run. This time it sounded more reasonable since the person stated the graphics were the ones from the c216 chipset.

The Xeon e3-1230v2 has the graphics cut out, you would need the xeon e3-12X5v2 if you want the integrated ivy bridge graphics.

There is no graphics chip on the board so you would need a CPU with a graphics core or an add in video card.

So I have a xeon with on die GPU ordered.

I have hit 4 stores and several sites trying to find a place that has these in stock but the earliest I have been given is a 3 week wait.
Any idea where I can get either of these x9sae motherboards in Canada?

If you want to take advantage of iAMT 8.0 to remotely access the BIOS you need to have a Xeon with on-board graphics (type number ending with 5).

Back