X99 on mITX: ASRock X99E-itx/ac

I am not using the LNA cables with my noctua either. The heatsink is pretty close to the top of my dimms too - maybe 4mm spare. I have 32GB of vengeance.

Nox

I saw a sig with a C14 in an NCase - i didn't think that fitted. very curious now, but will see how the current one gets on :)

Nox

The C14 fits, but the new C14S does not. It's slightly too tall. It does not fit with the Drive cage on the side bracket though.

EDIT: Dont know about the special narrow 2011-3 socket though. Forgot about that for a minute. Sorry.

Edit: Found some posts!
Anyone with experience using a 950 Pro or another M.2 SSD on this board? I'll be moving my computer to all SSD so I was wondering how it has worked for you guys.

Right now I think my setup will be:
1 TB Samsung EVO 850
512 GB Samsung EVO 850
256 GB Crucial MX100
512 GB Samsung 950 Pro

Unless I can find a good deal on another Evo 850 512 or 1 TB to just retire the MX100.

Lastly: Still looking for info about what 2666+ ram sticks work though this build :https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7WkTwP is shown as using G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Last edited:
950 Pro works perfectly well with the board for me in Windows 10 and even in OS X. If you've got CSM enabled in UEFI you need to set the Storage option to "Don't load", or the system will freeze any time you exit the UEFI setup. Other than that, no issues at all. Since it sits right next to the CPU socket it even gets some airflow from my CPU fan.

For RAM see the previous page, Corsair seem to work fine for me and one other person at least.

I have now completed and successfully commissioned my new "carry-on baggage" XEON based demo machine and after a successful capital city trip around Australia can attest to its worthiness as an extremely capable travelling companion.

Just as a quick reminder, here are my build details with a few last minute changes highlighted with links:-

XEON E5-2676 V3
32GB Crucial (2x16GB) Registered DDR4-2133 memory
Samsung 512GB 950 Pro
2x Crucial M550 1TB 2.5" (in RAID 0 array)
1x Samsung M9T 2GB 2.5" drive
Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Silverstone Strider Gold 450 80+ SFX PSU
Update - 2/9/16 - Due to noise problems I had to replace my original PSU with the Silverstone SX500-LG
Cooler Master Seidon 120V cooler
EK-TIM Indigo Extreme for 2011-3
EK-Vardar F4-120ER fan

Lian Li PC-TU100B

A few notes about the build are as follows:-
  1. The Seidon 120V was a perfect fit for this build and (despite what others have reported) is quiet as a mouse
  2. The EK-Tim from Indigo was a real find. Not only did it keep the temps down to 43C at full load but it meant the fan speed NEVER increases above its almost silent lowest speed.
  3. There were a few complaints across a number of forums about the Coolermaster fan that shipped with the Seidon 120V. For this reason I installed the EK-Varder fan instead. However, now that I have discovered how effective the EK-TIM is at keeping CPU temps down, I do believe the Coolermaster stock fan set at its slowest speed would have been fine
  4. The only actual mods I had to do was the fiddly retrofit of the case fan mounting to the Seidon 120V and the trimming of one corner of the fan to allow access to the SATA slots.

I'm very happy with the result and can also thoroughly recommend the use of the Intel 2011-3 E5 2676 V3 ES which is a truly remarkable workhorse for only around $300 on eBay (AND runs happily with BCLK set to 105).

QhgJ5Cd.jpg

MA5q8Go.jpg

Last edited:
950 Pro works perfectly well with the board for me in Windows 10 and even in OS X. If you've got CSM enabled in UEFI you need to set the Storage option to "Don't load", or the system will freeze any time you exit the UEFI setup. Other than that, no issues at all. Since it sits right next to the CPU socket it even gets some airflow from my CPU fan.

For RAM see the previous page, Corsair seem to work fine for me and one other person at least.

Whoops, I totally didn't even see those. Works for me, thanks!

i run everything with a +25% across the board. Noise from the noctua is drowned out by my GPU - before the noctua, the irritating thing was the clicking from the seidon pump.

Temp wise it's roughly the same under full load. I ran a load with the seidon and it was 75-76 degrees C, swapped over to the noctua and reran the test. It was 76-77... Either way, it's so close and a noise upgrade for sure.

I saw a sig with a C14 in an NCase - i didn't think that fitted.

Thanks for the reply. That's thoroughly decent performance on an overclocked 5820K. I didn't know that the NH-U9DX i4 could handle that much heat. I'm happy with my C14, but it's nice to know that there's an easier solution, and the U9DX is also not as bulky, so maybe there's less torque on the screws when transporting the system. The C14 is quiet, and you get that top-down airflow on the motherboard components, which is nice.

I have now completed and successfully commissioned my new "carry-on baggage" XEON based demo machine and after a successful capital city trip around Australia can attest to its worthiness as an extremely capable travelling companion.

Lian Li PC-TU100B

@crhendo, looks like quite a little powerhouse. I'm curious about how you are transporting the system, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Do you cover it at all to keep out the elements with e.g. a Pelican case, or just carry it naked? Do you also carry peripherals with you, or just borrow at your demo sites? Someone else on the thread (apologies that I have forgotten whom) built a Xeon system in a Corsair 380T for portable work, which also seems like a fairly rugged solution, but the PC-TU100B is even tinier. I occasionally use a Geargrip Micro harness to transport my Ncase M1 system, and toss it into a carry-on suitcase when flying, but it's not really something I'd like to do every week. If I'm getting too off-topic, I'm happy to move this discussion to a PM or another thread.

I think i would of just got a mac pro for a 'carry round' system!

Nox

pretty tempted to bung OS X on there myself. Are you running Yosemite or El Capitan?

Nox

I'm running 10.11.3. This supports X99 natively, i.e. no need for fake CPU id or VoodooTSCSync. Installation took me a while to figure out, but was relatively smooth in the end, except I didn't manage to do it with my GTX 980. NVME works surprisingly well even for the boot drive using the MinnowStor driver injected with clover. Only two things I haven't figured out yet are the Intel USB 3.0 ports (the ASMedia 3.1 ports work with some trickery) and sleep. I'd be happy to give you some pointers if you do decide to go ahead with it.

I'm running 10.11.3. This supports X99 natively, i.e. no need for fake CPU id or VoodooTSCSync. Installation took me a while to figure out, but was relatively smooth in the end, except I didn't manage to do it with my GTX 980. NVME works surprisingly well even for the boot drive using the MinnowStor driver injected with clover. Only two things I haven't figured out yet are the Intel USB 3.0 ports (the ASMedia 3.1 ports work with some trickery) and sleep. I'd be happy to give you some pointers if you do decide to go ahead with it.

I would point out that at this point I have not seen a report of the 2676 v3 working on El Capitan. It's possible of course that it could. While the 5820K, 5830K, and some of the Xeons boot no problem, the 5960X and other high core count Xeons can't make it past the PCI Config Begin stage of the boot process. You will be able to, however, run Yosemite no problem for sure using roll back PCI kexts from 10.9.5. I expect that when full C612 support is built in this shouldn't be an issue–– when the new mac pro comes out.

can you install OS X after a Windows has been installed? or am I going to have to flatten the SSD and start from scratch?

Nox

Hi, I've an issue with this mainboard.

Here is my new PC:
- Motherboard: ASRock X99E ITX/AC;
- CPU: i7 5820k @ stock speed;
- Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 2133 Mhz 2x8 GB @ stock speed;
- GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ stock speed;
- SSD: Samsing EVO 850 250 GB;
- HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB;
- PSU: Corsair RMi 650;
- Windows 10 Pro.

The Event Viewer of my new pc is flooded by WHEA LOGGER errors:

Event 17, WHEA-Logger

[General]

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)
Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0
Vendor ID: Device ID: 0x8086:0x340a
Class Code: 0x30400

I've tried to set the "PCIE1 link speed" to GEN2 without any luck, the only way to get rid of those WHEA LOG Event 17 is to set "PCIE1 link speed" to GEN1. Doing this has an huge impact on the performance of my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. The graphic card has been tested on my second pc and it work perfectly.

All these WHEA LOG Event 17 are caused by an svchost.exe process responsible for those services:
1) NcdAutoSetup [Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup]
2) MpsSvc [Windows Firewall]
3) DPS [Diagnostics Policy Service]
4)CoreMessagingRegistrar [CoreMessagging]
5) BFE [Base Filtering Engine]

It's very annoying problem because it and makes almost impossible to read the event viewer flooded by these WHEA LOG Event 17 (Even 3/4 for second!). Is it a serious problem? Do you have any idea how to solve this issue? I cant't find any support on this matter!

Last edited:
it's been solved with chipset driver updates on other forums, but I can't find any for x99 on the intel site for win 10 :(

latest bios?

Nox

it's been solved with chipset driver updates on other forums, but I can't find any for x99 on the intel site for win 10 :(

latest bios?

Nox

Thanks for the answer, I've upgraded the bios to the last release (1.40) but sadly nothing has changed.

i just googled for 'Device ID: 0x8086:0x340a ' and 'whea', there were a fair few hits but none looked helpful. Google taps into the planet's knowledge - if it's computer related & not on there these days, the chances of finding an answer elsewhere are limited :(

still - might be worth spending more than the 5 mins i did with google :)

Nox

@crhendo, looks like quite a little powerhouse. I'm curious about how you are transporting the system, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Do you cover it at all to keep out the elements with e.g. a Pelican case, or just carry it naked? Do you also carry peripherals with you, or just borrow at your demo sites? Someone else on the thread (apologies that I have forgotten whom) built a Xeon system in a Corsair 380T for portable work, which also seems like a fairly rugged solution, but the PC-TU100B is even tinier. I occasionally use a Geargrip Micro harness to transport my Ncase M1 system, and toss it into a carry-on suitcase when flying, but it's not really something I'd like to do every week. If I'm getting too off-topic, I'm happy to move this discussion to a PM or another thread.

The thing that attracted me about the Lian-Li case (other than it's size) was the handle. I spend a good amount of my time travelling and instinct told me that anything small with a handle would attract the minimum amount of attention when it came to checking in anywhere AND so far I have been right. The XRay staff have done a bit of a double take on two occasions but it has never slowed me down. So yes, it travels "naked". I should point out that I use it as a server running VMWare Workstation 12 and a few instances of Oracle Linux Enterprise so no additional peripherals are required (other then my laptop that connects using RDP)

I also own a Mac Pro for home use and would never consider it as a mobile solution as it has no handle AND has a multitude of thunderbolt and usb cables hanging out the back of it.

I will try and take a photo of the two side by side when I get the chance.

You can install OS X after Windows, but if it's on the same disk you will have to expand the size of the EFI partition. Windows creates it at 100MB but OS X wants it to be at least 200MB. Good point r.e. higher core count CPUs. I can really only comment on the 5820K.

might be easier to bung it on a different disk first then, at least ntil i have it all sorted. that uefi partition may not be expandable now as the windows partition is directly after it.

Nox

It's possible to enlarge it if you move the Windows partition back first, but I think I needed to do that in gparted booted from a thumbdrive rather than in Windows itself. Oh, and I think I accidentally wiped the EFI partition at some point in the process and had to recreate the Windows bootloader from the installer. But, it's possible. ;)

Alternatively it seems you can create a new EFI partition as well: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...h-space-device-requested-operation-error.html

Anyway, getting a bit off topic, but feel free to PM me if I can help out.

If you could help me out that would be incredible, I've been trying to get OS X installed for weeks now. I think part of the issue is potentially my Xeon 2676 V3 but I've been trying 10.10.3 for that reason. I actually got to the point where I had it installed, and Nvidia web drivers working for my 980 Ti but I had no ethernet, bluetooth or wifi. I then used multibeast and must have accidentally installed something because it never booted again despite undoing everything I thought it. I wiped the partition and tried to start from scratch but now I can't get a 10.10 or 10.11 installer to boot at all no matter what I try, I get stuck at "com.apple.applefscompressiontypedataless load succeeded" during the boot process.

Would really appreciate seeing the general path you took to get going and the exact versions of Unibeast or whatever. Thanks man.

I would point out that at this point I have not seen a report of the 2676 v3 working on El Capitan. It's possible of course that it could. While the 5820K, 5830K, and some of the Xeons boot no problem, the 5960X and other high core count Xeons can't make it past the PCI Config Begin stage of the boot process. You will be able to, however, run Yosemite no problem for sure using roll back PCI kexts from 10.9.5. I expect that when full C612 support is built in this shouldn't be an issue–– when the new mac pro comes out.

I'm trying to make this happen with a 2676V3 ES, I've seen one other case of it working fine in 10.10 as you said so I think I'm going to be going this route first, but we'll see.

Just as a quick reminder, here are my build details with a few last minute changes highlighted with links:-

XEON E5-2676 V3
32GB Crucial (2x16GB) Registered DDR4-2133 memory
Samsung 512GB 950 Pro
2x Crucial M550 1TB 2.5" (in RAID 0 array)
1x Samsung M9T 2GB 2.5" drive
Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Silverstone Strider Gold 450 80+ SFX PSU
Cooler Master Seidon 120V cooler
EK-TIM Indigo Extreme for 2011-3
EK-Vardar F4-120ER fan

Lian Li PC-TU100B

A few notes about the build are as follows:-
  1. The Seidon 120V was a perfect fit for this build and (despite what others have reported) is quiet as a mouse
  2. The EK-Tim from Indigo was a real find. Not only did it keep the temps down to 43C at full load but it meant the fan speed NEVER increases above its almost silent lowest speed.
  3. There were a few complaints across a number of forums about the Coolermaster fan that shipped with the Seidon 120V. For this reason I installed the EK-Varder fan instead. However, now that I have discovered how effective the EK-TIM is at keeping CPU temps down, I do believe the Coolermaster stock fan set at its slowest speed would have been fine
  4. The only actual mods I had to do was the fiddly retrofit of the case fan mounting to the Seidon 120V and the trimming of one corner of the fan to allow access to the SATA slots.

I'm very happy with the result and can also thoroughly recommend the use of the Intel 2011-3 E5 2676 V3 ES which is a truly remarkable workhorse for only around $300 on eBay (AND runs happily with BCLK set to 105).

Awesome build. What kind of work do you do using the 2676? I've got one but cannot get any of the Adobe apps (namely Premiere Pro CC 2015 and After Effects) to take full advantage of the CPU under windows 10 during export. The same exports on my Retina MacBook Pro 15" load up all cores, but on this machine the CPU never goes over 20% load during export and it takes longer than my macbook. I'm trying to get OS X installed for this reason.

Also, do you have any issues with yours getting stuck at 1.18ghz after waking from sleep? I turned SpeedStep off and it seems to have alleviated the issue, but it's probably just a quirk from the ES model.

i was able to install OS using 2x16gb corsair dominator 3000mhz at rated specs using the latest bios.

no further testing was done as there was no overclock.

Can confirm that Corsair seem to work fine. I've got 2x16GB Vengeance LPX 2666 running at 2800, without any problems. Can't promise anything regarding faster Vengeance kits of course, but I'd expect them to work as well. I needed a 4GB DIMM to upgrade the BIOS first.

Thanks for the info.

FYI took the punt and got a set of Ripjaws V 3200 (16GB) and they work at the rated speeds also :)

It's possible to enlarge it if you move the Windows partition back first, but I think I needed to do that in gparted booted from a thumbdrive rather than in Windows itself. Oh, and I think I accidentally wiped the EFI partition at some point in the process and had to recreate the Windows bootloader from the installer. But, it's possible. ;)

Alternatively it seems you can create a new EFI partition as well: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...h-space-device-requested-operation-error.html

Anyway, getting a bit off topic, but feel free to PM me if I can help out.

Awesome, thanks :) will have a look at this after my current project! (AlienVault). Have a MacBook already and this was meant to be purely for gaming but am missing Mac OS,

Nox

The thing that attracted me about the Lian-Li case (other than it's size) was the handle... So yes, it travels "naked".
Thanks. This is all useful information. Many of the recent high-profile ITX cases seem more focused on aesthetics than portability, so it's nice to hear from someone who actually uses their build for travel. The handle is nice, and the lack of perforations in the top panel gives you a measure of protection from rain as well, though I'm sure you're not leaving it out in a downpour.

The PC-TU100 was reviewed fairly negatively by Anandtech and others for its poor thermals. It sounds like it is working out fine for you, and I've known other builders who have used it without issue, but let us know if you run into thermal problems in the future. I'm also curious as to how the 2676, being an ES, works out long-term with this board, so please post if you run into issues down the line. $ 300 US for twelve Xeon cores does seem like the steal of the year.

Awesome build. What kind of work do you do using the 2676?

I run a number of different Linux instances on my build and haven't noticed any of the multi processor issues you appear to be having. It could be an Adobe thing however, perhaps running a basic Geekbench 3 test to see how your multi scores stack up might put your mind at ease. Re sleep, to put it simply I don't ever use sleep as it always tends to create more issues than its worth. If I get a chance, I will test it to see what happens

Thanks. This is all useful information.....though I'm sure you're not leaving it out in a downpour.

The PC-TU100 was reviewed fairly negatively by Anandtech and others for its poor thermals. $ 300 US for twelve Xeon cores does seem like the steal of the year.

As it is with me all the time, it will only get wet if I get wet which I avoid at all costs ;)

I think the reviews are right re poor thermals on the PC-TU100 but please keep in mind that I have no requirement for high speed graphics in this build so its probably a moot point in my case. The Seidon 120V also had it's fair share of bad reviews however it was the perfect fit for both the case and the motherboard so (I believe) I compensated for this by using the EKWB Varder fan and the EK-TIM thermal interface to make the most of what I had to work with. So far (touch wood) it is performing beyond my expectations and runs very quietly at maximum load. You are right, the E5-2676 V3 is a steal at the price but I'm starting to suspect that you really do need the help of the VM products to make the most of it (I use VMWare Workstation 12) as I suspect that Windows 10 MIGHT not be as clever at handling all the processors as its server class siblings are.

Needless to say, I will report back if I run into any problems with this build in the months to come.

Last edited:
If you could help me out that would be incredible, I've been trying to get OS X installed for weeks now. I think part of the issue is potentially my Xeon 2676 V3 but I've been trying 10.10.3 for that reason. I actually got to the point where I had it installed, and Nvidia web drivers working for my 980 Ti but I had no ethernet, bluetooth or wifi. I then used multibeast and must have accidentally installed something because it never booted again despite undoing everything I thought it. I wiped the partition and tried to start from scratch but now I can't get a 10.10 or 10.11 installer to boot at all no matter what I try, I get stuck at "com.apple.applefscompressiontypedataless load succeeded" during the boot process.

Would really appreciate seeing the general path you took to get going and the exact versions of Unibeast or whatever. Thanks man.

I haven't run into that specific error. But I had trouble for the longest time even getting into the installer as well (both on 10.10 and 10.11). The only way to do it in the end for me was to use a GTX 650 (for the install only) instead of the 980 I use otherwise. There's one person on tonymacx86 who had to do the same, though with a GT 430: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...tx-ac-ssd-sm951-6-core-5820k-32gb-gtx970.html

I did once manage to boot into the 10.10.5 installer with the 980, but then messed up the install and never managed to get the installer booting again until I switched GPU. So it might be worth a try to get a cheap second-hand GPU just for the install. It does seem to depend on the exact GPU though; I tried a Geforce 210 and a Radeon 5450 too and neither worked.

One other thing to try first: Is that error happening soon after PCI Configuration Begin? Possibly that is the real issue? For 10.10 you need to inject a few kexts from 10.9 to get past that stage, are you doing that?

The integrated ethernet ports work with AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AppleIGB.kext respectively. The Wi-Fi / BT card that comes with the board can be made to work as well. I used BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and a few kext patches in clover. There's a guid here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html I can look up the exact patches I put in clover later and post them here, though you'd have to alter them slightly to fit the SMBIOS you're using and the country code you want for your Wi-Fi. That said, the original card that ships with the board is very unreliable for me (in Windows too), so you might be better of just getting a BCM94360CD card. (That one should work in OS X out of the box.)

Hope this helps.

New bios, 1.5. Enables csm again so loose the high res bios (but easy to disable again)

Nvme compatibility is there :) (but was ok before anyway!)

New bios, 1.5. Enables csm again so loose the high res bios (but easy to disable again)

Nvme compatibility is there :) (but was ok before anyway!)

Is PCI Bifurcation available as an option in this one?

I haven't run into that specific error. But I had trouble for the longest time even getting into the installer as well (both on 10.10 and 10.11). The only way to do it in the end for me was to use a GTX 650 (for the install only) instead of the 980 I use otherwise. There's one person on tonymacx86 who had to do the same, though with a GT 430: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...tx-ac-ssd-sm951-6-core-5820k-32gb-gtx970.html

I did once manage to boot into the 10.10.5 installer with the 980, but then messed up the install and never managed to get the installer booting again until I switched GPU. So it might be worth a try to get a cheap second-hand GPU just for the install. It does seem to depend on the exact GPU though; I tried a Geforce 210 and a Radeon 5450 too and neither worked.

One other thing to try first: Is that error happening soon after PCI Configuration Begin? Possibly that is the real issue? For 10.10 you need to inject a few kexts from 10.9 to get past that stage, are you doing that?

The integrated ethernet ports work with AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AppleIGB.kext respectively. The Wi-Fi / BT card that comes with the board can be made to work as well. I used BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and a few kext patches in clover. There's a guid here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html I can look up the exact patches I put in clover later and post them here, though you'd have to alter them slightly to fit the SMBIOS you're using and the country code you want for your Wi-Fi. That said, the original card that ships with the board is very unreliable for me (in Windows too), so you might be better of just getting a BCM94360CD card. (That one should work in OS X out of the box.)

Hope this helps.

Where are you getting stuck fs454 ? Im running Yosemite and Windows 10 without issue.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for this Mobo: Jet.com sells it (search every few days) and you can use the 15-20% promo codes for new customers on it. I got my Mobo for $209.

Oh and the retailer who fulfilled the order was Newegg!

no clue :). Will have a peek, any ideas where it might be?

Check under "advanced" for something like "riser card support." That's where it is in the Z170 BIOS from them.

Also, do you know if it's possible to downgrade the BIOS? I would upgrade and check for myself, but not if I wouldn't be permitted to downgrade to something that works with bifurcation.

I just had a look, and can't find any option like that. In fact the "Advanced" tab looks unchanged from 1.40 altogether. The only PCIe related options I can find are under "Chipset", and related to ASPM, SR-IOV and link speed.

On a related note, I have just now managed for the second time to get into a usually hidden 'more advanced' menu of sorts. It contains an extra "Advanced" tab with additional options and an "IntelRCSetup" tab. Any of you ever run into this before? Images below:
ZAnW8Yt.jpg

GHDlttU.jpg

jb1, I've looked, nothing regarding bifurcation in there either as far as I can tell. I took photos of everything PCIe related though and can email them to you.

Last edited:
I just had a look, and can't find any option like that. In fact the "Advanced" tab looks unchanged from 1.40 altogether. The only PCIe related options I can find are under "Chipset", and related to ASPM, SR-IOV and link speed.

On a related note, I have just now managed for the second time to get into a usually hidden 'more advanced' menu of sorts. It contains an extra "Advanced" tab with additional options and an "IntelRCSetup" tab. Any of you ever run into this before? Images below:
ZAnW8Yt.jpg

GHDlttU.jpg

jb1, I've looked, nothing regarding bifurcation in there either as far as I can tell. I took photos of everything PCIe related though and can email them to you.
Yes, I have run into that and posted a video of it the first time I encountered it many months back. I guessed that they used a lot of the same code from their server line and just had it hidden normally.

As far as I'm aware, bifurcation is only available on a single UEFI version.

Also, do you know if it's possible to downgrade the BIOS? I would upgrade and check for myself, but not if I wouldn't be permitted to downgrade to something that works with bifurcation.

I just flashed 1.40 over 1.50, so this seems to be possible.

Yes, I have run into that and posted a video of it the first time I encountered it many months back. I guessed that they used a lot of the same code from their server line and just had it hidden normally.

Oh, cool, I'll have a look for that post. I wonder if it's worth looking into any of the more advanced settings; If I could even get to them again on purpose.

I just flashed 1.40 over 1.50, so this seems to be possible.

Awesome, thanks for reporting back! I'm going to flash to P1.20E to see where the Bifurcation option sits.

Alright, check out Advanced > Chipset > PCIE1 Port Config

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back