X99 mobos launched! (Asus first)

MSI and Asrock not live yet, as far as I can tell.

Doesn't that Asus X99-Deluxe look nice though?

From the first ones, IMO I think it is going to come down to Asus and MSI they have some really nice features on the boards.

Prices are reasonable I guess for these boards. If I decide to jump on the bandwagon I will wait for the MATX Asus boards.

Not sure wher Asrock ranks anymore. They've improved alot. Are they still skimping on PCB layers to build a reduced cost product? I've had two of their boards with no issue.

Not sure wher Asrock ranks anymore. They've improved alot. Are they still skimping on PCB layers to build a reduced cost product? I've had two of their boards with no issue.

You and many others are echoing good things about Asrock lately. If the OC formula is available at launch, I'll probably be going with that mobo. Specs look right on for a fatty OC, and it should be priced more reasonably than the competition.

Techpowerup didnt even include X79 for bench comparison...ridiculous oversight I wanna see how my RIVBE stands up to the new crop. CPU Clocks look decent so far, memory...not so much

Oh man, I am so overwhelmed right now. Which mobo to get?

My requirements are overclockability, m.2, good NIC, good audio, and tri-SLI ability. Leaning towards the RVE, but that could be overkill and overpriced. ASRocks offerings are looking pretty robust too, hopefully for less $$$.

Wait for the reviews and read em all, youve waited this long for it to drop, a couple days research will ensure you get exactly what your looking for and avoid overpaying for features you dont want/need!

Oh yeah, definitely. Just expressing my current sentiment. There is a lot of research that needs to be done!

Keep posting the review links ladies(maybe?) and gents!

Noob question. What do you call the big blocky thing that's between the ram slots (above cpu)?

More importantly, is it removable? My Fractal R4 case with the H100i radiator wouldn't have enough clearance to fit many of these x99 boards.

Last edited:
Back