x99 ITX Build

Discussion in 'PC Hound System Builder' started by ///AMG, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

I am looking at building a system to replace my current workstation/gaming rig, I do a lot of things that benefit from more cores and I dont play games very often. I want it to be semi portable, I dont plan on moving it too often but I do see the need to move it once a month so I am trying to go with an ITX build. Mostly because I dont want a huge tower anymore.

So far I plan on getting the following unless there are big issues or concerns raised:

Asrock X99E-ITX/ac - Bought
    Intel Xeon E5-2683 V3 - bought
    ncase m1 - bought
    Corsair H75 bought
    Corsair LPX Bought
    Silverstone SX700-LPT bought

Parts from current system to be carried over:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    850 and 840 pros

Need suggestions on:

M.2 ($200) - Waiting on a deal, not in any rush, might get another 2.5" ssd as well

Any suggestions and concerns that I should consider?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. {NG}Fidel

{NG}Fidel [H]ardness Supreme

Corsair SFX600W or SilverStone SFX 600W.
    RAM Just grab 2x32GB sticks and call it a day.
    M.2. 960Pro or 950Pro.
    Cpu Cooler Corsair H75.

3. chx

chx Limp Gawd

4. {NG}Fidel

{NG}Fidel [H]ardness Supreme

I enjoy my ncase temps and noise when OCed.
    Thing is basically silent, I am someone that came from the high end air cooler group and switched to water cooling, AIO or otherwise.

5. cybrnook

cybrnook Gawd

Get with me before you buy the board, I have one thats bnib that I could sell you.

Keep in mind, this board has a narrow ILM mounting system, so you need to be careful about your cooling. Noctua sells narrow ILM coolers, if you want to go air.

I see you are looking at a Xeon, I have a 2620 v3 I could sell you ( as well as ECC and non ECC ram kits)......

If you want water cooling, auqacomputer sells narrow ilm adapter plates for their water blocks (custom). As well, the board comes with an adapter, but seems to have limited support. Here is a good thread to follow:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1592811/lga-2011-v3-narrow-ilm-and-all-in-one-liquid-cooler-compatibility

6. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

PM'd you about the board, not interested in your 2620, looking at getting a CPU with 12+ cores.

7. cybrnook

cybrnook Gawd

8. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

Looks like I will be building this either this weekend or beginning of next week for the most part, only thing that wont come in time is the case which I might just get something else.

9. cybrnook

cybrnook Gawd

YH(another)PM - M.2

10. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

Some one recommend me 2 slot GTX 1070s that are reference length. Also what is the best manufacturer these days?. My Gigabyte ended up being too thick...

11. cybrnook

cybrnook Gawd

Too think or too long? (No jokes :) )

They have mini itx 1070 and 1080's out.

Reference designs are all the same I believe, boards made by Nvidia. Only difference is the sticker.

12. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

I have two cases at the moment to see which I like better the Thermaltake Supressor F1 and the Ncase M1. Its too thick for the F1 and literally just a mm or two too long. It fits the M1 but just barely so I am just going to swap it for something else to make it easier.

For those who are wondering I have the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Extreme Gaming 8G, really regret getting this card now lol.

Also didnt realize they had itx 1070/80s

13. Kardonxt

Kardonxt 2[H]4U

From the benchmarks I have seen the ITX versions are a bit slower if it makes you feel any better. Their boost is less aggressive to keep temps down.