X90K loses audio via HDMI

Bullz

n00b
Hi,
I have the problem that after seconds or minutes sometimes hours the sound is gone at once. The only thing that helps is to restart the computer or turn G-sync off or on again. Then the sound is back.
I tested with two different 2.1 HDMI cables on a computer and on a notebook.
pc: 5900x,Geforce 3080 12gb,B550I AORUS PRO AX Nvidia win10 Notebook: legion 5 15ach6h, Geforce 3070 win10On both devices only amd chipsatz driver and Nvidia 527.56 Driver installed
firemware of tv is the newest: PKG6.6070.0711EUA
On TV i testet HDMI Port 3 and 4 with both VRR Mode enabled rest is default. On the Notebook, Pc G-sync was enabled with checkbox on" Enable setting for the selected display model ". 3840x2160 120hz HDR 10 Bit RGB
What i tryed:
  1. I Try to update Sony tv in the windows device manager. it says the latest driver is already installed
  2. reduce the bit rate to 16bit 44100hz.
Here a screen of my settings attached

Can't find much about it on the internet, could it be that my television is broken? The only thing I can think of would be to try Win11.

Attachments

• soundproblem.png
    soundproblem.png
    755.8 KB · Views: 0
Guten Tag,
Have a similar problem with Sony A80J--the eARC HDMI feed to an external sound source just loses connection periodically (external sound bar and sub woofer). TV has the latest firmware. The only solution I have found is to turn off the TV for 5 seconds then back on. Then turn off again for about 5 seconds and then on again. That resets the HDMI and sends signals back to the external speakers. No real information on the internet that I've found. Very annoying.

Last edited:
Guten Tag,
Have a similar problem with Sony A80J--the eARC HDMI feed to an external sound source just loses connection periodically (external sound bar and sub woofer). TV has the latest firmware. The only solution I have found is to turn off the TV for 5 seconds then back on. Then turn off again for about 5 seconds and then on again. That resets the HDMI and sends signals back to the external speakers. No real information on the internet that I've found. Very annoying.
Yea you have the same problem. I have a better tipp for you

Option: Speakers and change vom TV speakers to Soundbar and then back ... in 4 sek you have the sound again... if you have the problem that means a lot of other have also the problem... why are we the only one who complain ?

Thank you for the tip. I have left a message on the Sony forums about this problem but so far have heard nothing from them. It does seem like a fairly common problem. I'd think maybe Sony could
offer a firmware update that might fix it.

can you send me the link where the treat is where all the sony tv owner complain. I find near nothing about that problem.

Back