X850XT PE Still Kick'in?

NOTD665

Gawd
I can pick up a new BBA X850 XT Platnium PCI-Express today at Microcenter for $100, after $50 MIR and $50 gift card I have.

Are these cards still kicking ass? Will it last me through the holidays?

I'm also going to need to pick up PCI-Express capable board and I'll nab a friend's 3500+ for $100. Any recommendations in the board dept?

So all told, $400 for the upgrade, I figure. Does this sound like a good plan?

My x800xtpe still does pretty good. Although I dont play new system killing games like Elder Scrolls and stuff. Does great on Source games and even FEAR.

You should be alright with that card till you do a major upgrade later.

I run a X800 XT and even on my 2405FPW at un-godly resolutions like 1920x1200, it still runs games great. I mean, I can't run FEAR all maxed out at 1920x1200, but I can max out stuff like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, even do pretty good on CounterStrike Source. I say go with the X850XTPE and wait for R600 then build a DX10/Conroe PC, cause that's what I'm doing!

NOTD665 said:
I can pick up a new BBA X850 XT Platnium PCI-Express today at Microcenter for $100, after $50 MIR and $50 gift card I have.

I'm also going to need to pick up PCI-Express capable board and I'll nab a friend's 3500+ for $100. Any recommendations in the board dept?

I saw this endcap at my local store the other day and raised an eyebrow at it... but Its not that dramatic of a difference from my current card. I say go for it! Sweet deal!

x850xt pe is pretty good.. i'm playing counterstrike: source .. full blast , everything is turned up on high at 1680 x 1050. I also play oblivion, that is to say, at lower resolution.

I played through Oblivion on my lowly A64 2.2GHZ and AGP x850 XT at 1600x1200 , most shadows off , but everything else cranked right up incliding 8XAF! Its a great card! Go for it!

NOTD665 said:

Should be fine for all but most recent games @ 16x12 or lower resolutions.

DaCoOlNeSs said:
dont you need a master card for Crossfire X850? I do think you do..

Yes, but I'm not running Crossfire just yet. One of the cards is going to a friend. I picked the Crossfire board for future potential.

DaCoOlNeSs said:
dont you need a master card for Crossfire X850? I do think you do..

Yes, but I'm not running Crossfire just yet. One of the cards is going to a friend. I picked the Crossfire board for future potential.

:d see above

I just downgraded to an X850XT PE from an X1900XTX :S for most games the X850XT PE is fine , just gotta turn some of that eye candy off!

I still have my X850XT PE. Still a great performer (I put it in my SFF PC). It still has some lasting power, it will be fine 'till the end of the year and a little further. just don't expect to run all of the latest games maxed.

The X800XT PE is a solid card. Get some after market cooling, and do the pencil volt mods and crack that sucker. I have my eye on ATI's 3 year warrenty refurb X800Pro's for 89$ :)

Back