X850xt + Artic Cooling + chipset water cooling

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
Is anyone watercooling thier chipset who is using an artic cooler? If so what block are you using or did you modify the artic cooler? I just ordered a polar flow chipset cooler, but its still to big to use without cuting into the artic cooler, just wondering if anyone else has attempted this

Help me out here...
You want to add a WC block to a HFS cooler?
WHY?

Add the WC block directly to the chip, not over a Artic Cooler.

To clarify, i have a wc setup with cpu and northbridge chipset waterblocks, the northbridge block is a maze4. i also have an x850xt video card for which i ordered an artic cooler at silencer rev2. this cooler will not fit with the maze4 installed, im looking for
1. a northbridge waterblock that will fit with the artic cooler installed or
2. someone who has possibly modified either the artic cooler or polarflow tt waterblock(which i just ordered since it has side inlet/outlet-im thinking about notching out the artic cooler to make it fit) and how well it works

Koolance seems to make some pretty slim blocks. Would those work for your application?

ncantador said:
Koolance seems to make some pretty slim blocks. Would those work for your application?

Yes, they do have one that would probably work quite well, but the problem with it, is that it only has 1/4" barbs and that might cause a bit of a flow restriction in the system :(

Ahh Okay I get you know.

Yeah, I am not sure what you are gonna be able to do about that.
If the FAN on the AC wasn't haning over the end of the card like it does, you could just cut back the plastic to make room.

Your only option is to find a WC block.... But where to look...
Have you checked out what Danger Dan has in ways of Blocks for the X850XT-PE

sorry im confused your air cooling your video card and watercooling you chipset ?

seems like it should be the other way around. But that up to you. So you may want to condsider a zalman passive chipset cooler. Its stepped so it should fit under the acrtic cooler(if memory serves me right, website has dims). If you want to improve performance a little more you can mount a quieter 60mm fan to the side. This is what I plan on doing to my neo2, once the heatsink arrives. I watercool my videocard though.

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

btw those low flow blocks mentioned above would do very bad things for your flow rate

ok ok, you guys talked me into it ;) , i just ordered a maze4 gpu block. I guess at least now i wont have to completely dissasemble my mobo to get the other water blocks off. Now... anyone interested in a artic cooler or a polarflow tt gpu/chipset waterblock - both unused :eek:

You'll be happy with the maze-4 GPU block.
I'd ditch the NB water block and go with active air cooling on that.

X850XT_on_H2012-vi.jpg

yep the maze4 keeps my x850xt under 36c at all times

Tis one hell of a block, just make sure you trim down the mounting hardware as the rods they give you are way to long.

Thanks for the input guys, ill post pics and temps when i get it all back together. :)

No temps yet, just ran the leak test all last night. but heres what it looks like

2539481.jpg

5457692.jpg

2659443.jpg

Back