X850XT and Vista

clickclickw00t

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey gys, I have an ATi X850XT and Microsoft Windows Vista RC1. No matter how many times I try to install the drivers, it does not work. It says X850Xt in the device manager, but does nto recognize any specs of the card...

help!?!

This is an RC1 OS, and the drivers are still considered beta. Actually try running a 3D application. If it works properly, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Windows vista and the drivers you're using are both in beta, problems are to be expected.

I have an 850xt also and I tried Vista RC1... after I installed the Ati Vista RC1 drivers, the card was recognized fine.

I uninstalled vista though, because I couldn't get half my programs to run on it and I only have this box...

im guessing its a agp card?

and the code error is code 43.

its vista- not the ati drivers- its the way vista runs the ACPI drivers. :mad:

i had to change a few settings- and got aero working in the end- but when coming to play games-nothing but currupt graphics etc. so the temporary fix isnt worth it.

instead-since my x800 is getting out of date- i decided to get a x1950xtx instead.

btw this error only occurs on agp x800, x850 chipsets. it may be fixed for rtm in november? :confused:

Baffling part to me is this hardware combination ran fine with the public Beta 2, but now the X800 XT has been errored out with Code 43 in every release since then.

AMD X2 3800+
Gigabyte K8NS-Ultra939
Visiontek X800 XT, stock clocking

Fresh install Vista Pre-RC1, Code 43
Fresh install of Vista RC1, Code 43
Loaded ATI RC1 Driver set, Code 43

At least it is consistent... :mad:

Back