X800XT/PE vmods..so far

James Earl Ray said:
710 is gonna be pretty fantastic. I cant wait to see a screen shot. Viperjohn is the guy. The highest I can get is 680. Oh, I got your 7K right here: 3DMark 05 - 7034

Yes, your your on an FX-53 buddy ;) I hope to hit close to 7500, that would rock!

James, I would still like you to do my 900 Pro, can you flash it pro while at it? LMK

Aaaaaand to the guy who doubts 7k...VIper was on a damn xp2500 and hit 6780 something. 7K is going to be No sweat..........Fell like betting a couple hunred on it, say $300 I score above 7k?

If my card (x800 Pro -> XT) crashes / artifacts at 590, John wouldn't be able to help, would he? :(

2Fresh said:
Yes, your your on an FX-53 buddy ;) I hope to hit close to 7500, that would rock!
Aaaaaand to the guy who doubts 7k...VIper was on a damn xp2500 and hit 6780 something. 7K is going to be No sweat..........Fell like betting a couple hunred on it, say $300 I score above 7k?

Yes it was on my FX-53 but it was at 2.5 I see you are at almost 2.9. And as far as betting, those last few hundred points to break 7K are not as easy as you think. You might want to relax a little till you see what you wind up with. SIK.

2Fresh, when are you getting your card back? I want pics and benches dammit...:p

dude..he was on an XP 2500 and a clock of 657/621 ( just for testing ) on the card, and he scored 6839!!
e id not even use a tec and hit above 7000! With the TEC I will be way above 700 and with the sinks he is putting on he asure me being around 660 on mem. 7500 should be no problem...I hope :)

These weere the 1st tests he ran on the card, obvious very low clock speeds.
Card clocks = 657/621 .

Drivers set at High Quality

Drivers set at High Performance

hey 2Fresh, after you get the card and run some initial tests on it, see if you can't tweak it some more through the ram timings.

I only have a 9600xt, but I was bored yesterday evening and decided to mess with it again. I used ATItool to change the ram timings and then did some tests. When the new timings worked, I used Rabit 1.5 to make the changes to the cards bios, flash it, and reboot. Now I can clock my memory to 384Mhz...which is up 14Mhz from the 370 I was at before (stock was 324)...and I only changed 2 timings...TRAS, and TRCDRD.

and yeah...14Mhz isn't a lot...but my card needs all I can get it! (until I upgrade after the first of the year).

joecuddles said:
If my card (x800 Pro -> XT) crashes / artifacts at 590, John wouldn't be able to help, would he? :(

ViperJohn can soup up your card even further with v-mods and adding his cooling setup. Should be able to get around 700 like 2fresh, but it will cost you a fee. Man my 9700pro feels so ancient next to these psycho modded x800s

Mister.Auto said:
ViperJohn can soup up your card even further with v-mods and adding his cooling setup. Should be able to get around 700 like 2fresh, but it will cost you a fee. Man my 9700pro feels so ancient next to these psycho modded x800s

Yeah but will it still artifact? Will upping voltage and such get rid of artifcating? I wouldn't think it would.... and would therefore be pointless, so am I wrong?

joecuddles said:
Yeah but will it still artifact? Will upping voltage and such get rid of artifcating? I wouldn't think it would.... and would therefore be pointless, so am I wrong?

since ur card is a x800pro flash to xt, that depends on wats causing the artifacts, if ur extra 4 pipelines are fine at a lower clock speed then a v-mod and cooling setup will definately help as they will increase the maximum core and mem speeds before artifacting occurs.

Card should be here today, and my mobo is in for rma..that it he shitty part. I do hahve my VNF2-350, but I dont want to install it, intall the h2o for the card...then ripit all aoart next week when I gt my new mobo. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

You, my friend, are talking out of your arse.

Although I will be pleased if it turns out you are not.

SocketA said:
So how does he/you volt mod the card? Is it with just a simple pencil or what?

The standard method is to solder on variable resistors.

Chickenmon said:
Probly banned for being a lying douche bag.. Just my guess

you have some serious issues you need to deal with. Did the guy screw your sister or something??? You bash him for no apparent reason.

Chickenmon said:

By the rules, you should be banned for name calling. Too bad they dont enforce that rule. There would be a lot let of it around here.

OMG 999/999999 Thats the best overclock I ever saw. I dont have any vindetta against him I just like seeing him freak out.

Chickenmon said:

yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

some jerk was having aproblem in one of my threads so I told him to get the fuck out in a few words or 2. 1st time I have ever seen anyone get a temp for bitching at another. Guess they are cracking down here :wtf: ;)

monkey5.jpg

Where's the benchies?!!

I think he realized he just paid 200 bux for something you could do yourself in around 1 hour ~_~

2Fresh said:
hehehe no worries there. He was running only running an xp 2500 and scored 7k on 3Dark05, and did not even have he settings up that high, wOOt!!! Me on an A64 @ atleast 2.8-2.9 should kicksome serious ass.

I am only going to be running an 80w tec, Viper said that would be plenty.

I guess there are a few mods I wont be able to take pics of...something about him working with ATi and I am not suppsed to show them. But I wil show what i can. =) All the stuff you will need for tec..
MVC-577F.JPG

1. Spray card (around GPU-front and back of the card) with Conformal coating
2. Apply Luberex dielectric grease around GPU core and AGP/PCI-E socket.
3. Put seal string around GPU socket front and back and cover it with Neoprane.

See above to prevent condensation. Hopefully (Viper) already included with the price you paid for.

How does foam prevent condensation? I've enver used water cooling stuff before, do you just cover the water block entirely with foam except for the bottom of course?

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
How does foam prevent condensation? I've enver used water cooling stuff before, do you just cover the water block entirely with foam except for the bottom of course?

~Adam

the foam will act as an insulator, and a barrier to the components. So if the foam gets cold enough to generate condensation, the components won't get wet...just the outer layer of foam. It will also help keep the cold confined to the card so it won't escape to the surrounding air as easily.

Much the same principal as using foam around hot water pipes to keep the heat in...it improves efficiency...but in this case it not only keeps the cold confined to the card but prevents any condensation from touching the components as well.

nst6563 said:
the foam will act as an insulator, and a barrier to the components. So if the foam gets cold enough to generate condensation, the components won't get wet...just the outer layer of foam. It will also help keep the cold confined to the card so it won't escape to the surrounding air as easily.

Much the same principal as using foam around hot water pipes to keep the heat in...it improves efficiency...but in this case it not only keeps the cold confined to the card but prevents any condensation from touching the components as well.

I am familiar with the prinicipal of the idea (I worked in a/c and heating) but I geuss I'm confused as how you could impliment it on a waterblock... I guess I need to be shown, anyone have pictures of a waterblock on a vid card foamed?

~Adam

I have not been able to test it out at all really. I have been out of town for a long time and also had to rma my mobo. I will have it up and running in the next week or see and get some #'s :)

CleanSlate said:

~Adam
It is necessary if you plan to use TEC on your GPU b/c sometimes the temp.of water will be below ambient temp.and condensation will follow. For regular water cooling it is not necessary. Check this:......http://wwww.vr-zone.com/?i=230&s=4.... A lot of work to protect your expensive video card.....

Back