X800XL Agp stats on ati.com, what gives?

the 6800gt pci-e came out much quicker than the pci-e 6800 ultra if im not mistaken...and its funny isnt the xl supposed to compete with the 6800gt

no i dont think their product sux wich i think everyone here thinks i mean, i mean ati as in the company ati sux..they need to get their stuff together. this typo and/or mistake is a good example (the one this thread is about)

cell_491 said:
no i dont think their product sux wich i think everyone here thinks i mean, i mean ati as in the company ati sux..they need to get their stuff together. this typo and/or mistake is a good example (the one this thread is about)

Your grammar confused me.

Also, How can a company suck but there poducts dont?!?!?

I dont think ATI sux in any form or fasion, they still make fantastic quality products, and there are no shortages of them up here (I see more Nvidia Out of Stocks then ATI ones)

Also, How can a company suck but there poducts dont?!?!?
thats actually very easy...think 3dfx. the voodoos rocked but the company made bad choices.
sorry for the grammar i dont really try to write all perfect and stuff on forums ;)

Ati from a business standpoint is fine.
They're rollin on the dough.
Don't even compare ati to 3dfx :rolleyes:

http://quote.barchart.com/quote.asp?sym=nvda&code=BSTK
my step dad bought 100 shares of nvdia stock earlier this year when it was only $9 a share now look at them $29 a share thats more than a 200% increase...i dont know how to check a canadian based company but i doubt their doing as well :). and personally i hope ati doesnt get as bad as 3dfx did but the x850 reminds me of the voodoo 3 a desperate attempt to regain their throne

cell_491 said:
MUHAHAHAH!!!!...ati blows, lol. and i bet they will cost the same as well

While it is perfectly legitimate to have an opposing opinion regarding ATI and their products, it is another thing entirely to state something for the sake of baiting other members into flames or arguments. If you cant say somthing "nice" dont say anything at all please....

I hpe the AGP version will support AGP4xpro

Why? Because thats the highest my current mobo will support (sigh...)

Any nice cards that support AGP 4xpro? (That will be an improvement over an MX440SE)

i think pretty much all agp8x cards can run on agp4xpro mobos just at reduced performance

"i think pretty much all agp8x cards can run on agp4xpro mobos just at reduced performance"

Some one needs to read up on the current performance Diffrences between AGP4x and AGP8x.

cell_491 said:
MUHAHAHAH!!!!...ati blows, lol. and i bet they will cost the same as well

Aww, its ok, dont cry because the X800XT PE spanks the living crap out of your GT

well i had an fx 5600 256mb for along time on a 4xagp mobo and when i upgraded to a agp8x mobo i saw a big difference

Aww, its ok, dont cry because the X800XT PE spanks the living crap out of your GT
HAHAHAHAHA...thats really funny i have a BFG 6800gt oc @ 435/1200 (lowered timings) that will eat any and all x800 xt pe's

i feel like an american trapped in a sea of canadian ATi fan boys...im going to the nvidia section now :cool:

cell_491 said:
i think pretty much all agp8x cards can run on agp4xpro mobos just at reduced performance
\Is this true?

Would I see a diffrence going from a MX440SE to a 9600XT?

Edit: Also, are those redemption vouchers you get with the card still in effect? If I give one in to a store, will they give me HL2?

cell_491 said:
HAHAHAHAHA...thats really funny i have a BFG 6800gt oc @ 435/1200 (lowered timings) that will eat any and all x800 xt pe's
:LOL:
That's funny.
Don't even goto the nvidia section, go right to www.nvnews.net
Btw, you don't think your an nvidia fanbo1?

i actually had an x800 pro for about a month before i spent the extra cash and upgraded to my 6800gt because i knew it was an excellent overclocker and that for $200 less (at the time) i could get a card that competes with the x800xt pe

cell_491 said:
definately man

So it would be worth it?

It's just, I dont feel like upgrading extensively for a while (Until the R520 comes out) I just want to use the AMD system my dads friend gave to me (AMD XP 1800 w/ 512MB memory) for a while, but get a nicer card, for some medium quality CS:Source gaming.

Also, are those Vouchers (The half life 2 ones) that you get with the Sapphire box still useable?

actually if i were you id get a 9500 with the L shaped memory layout and flash it to a 9700pro
that will cost you about $90 and it will be pretty fast :D

how does it compare with an X800 XT-PE?
3dmark, Hl2 (when oced it about equal), several other games, and obviously it p3wns in doom 3. by the way who here thinks games being developed to favor certain brands of gfx cards is stupid

cell_491 said:
3dmark, Hl2 (when oced it about equal), several other games, and obviously it p3wns in doom 3. by the way who here thinks games being developed to favor certain brands of gfx cards is stupid

Everyone...

I cant wait till I'm the owner of ATI

cell_491 said:
actually if i were you id get a 9500 with the L shaped memory layout and flash it to a 9700pro
that will cost you about $90 and it will be pretty fast :D

To risky, Id rather just get an actual 9600XT. I dont need this to be uber fast, just better then my current

Im also going to put in artic silencer on it, (ATI Silencer, rev 2). Any better after market cooling for this carD?

overclocking a 9600xt (im assuming thats what you need the after market cooling for) is no less risky than flashing a 9500 into a 9700pro...its really easy and has a high success rate but if you are afraid then a 9600xt is plenty of performance for the casual gamer

What I mean by risky is, that I might get a card that can't be flashed (for whatever reason).

Also, Is that HL2 voucher useable still? Or is it cancelled now? (Need to know cuz I can get either the retail, which contains the voucher for $200CDN, or the OEM one, without the voucher for $170CDN). Plus it has DVI, so my dads friends 19" dvi monitor (that was broken, until my dad fixed it) can be used.

Hate_Bot said:
What I mean by risky is, that I might get a card that can't be flashed (for whatever reason).

Also, Is that HL2 voucher useable still? Or is it cancelled now? (Need to know cuz I can get either the retail, which contains the voucher for $200CDN, or the OEM one, without the voucher for $170CDN). Plus it has DVI, so my dads friends 19" dvi monitor (that was broken, until my dad fixed it) can be used.

The voucher is for steam and yes it's usable.

P.S this thread is shit, people need to learn better English.

Jerunk said:
The voucher is for steam and yes it's usable.

P.S this thread is shit, people need to learn better English.

Whats wrong with my english?

P.S. stop being a troll.

cell_491 said:
well i consider the desperate attempt known as the x850xt sucking... it doesnt give that much of a performance gain, its a crappy attempt to keep up with sli (wich it cant). however if the r520 is all the rumors are saying its gonna be then nvidia is either screwed or gonna have many long nights ahead

You sir are an idiot. The reason why they came out with the refresh was because it was being made on a different fab that would have increased yields. You have a better chance of scoring a X850XT-PE than you ever will an X800XT-PE. They also bumped up the speed a bit because they had enough headway with the new fab, not new architecture, to make the speed increase. You will not see a huge difference until they come out with their new GPU Arch.

cell_491 said:
well i had an fx 5600 256mb for along time on a 4xagp mobo and when i upgraded to a agp8x mobo i saw a big difference

me too!

now it runs more like a 6800 (not the Ultra, more like the regular version)

You sir are an idiot
i love how i never ever insult people on the personal level but other people do it all the time...does it make you feel special to say things like that about people

Back