X800XL Agp stats on ati.com, what gives?

now it runs more like a 6800 (not the Ultra, more like the regular version)

I am Crying right now....
What has this world come to.
Also

HAHAHAHAHA...thats really funny i have a BFG 6800gt oc @ 435/1200 (lowered timings) that will eat any and all x800 xt pe's

I just sit here laughing after I read this though.

cell_491 said:
its true my oced 6800gt p3wns the x800 xt pe

p3wn = "to crush, obliterate, and utterly destroy the competition".. If your going to talk l33t.. Do it correctly.. A single 6800gt would have to be overclocked well past ultra speeds to p3wn a x800xt pe in most games.. Overclocked to ultra speeds it will surpass slightly a x800xt pe in some games and be surpassed some in others.. A 6800gt oc'd to ultra speed will maybe p3wn a xtpe in Doom3..

This isn't that bad to me, wasn't the X800 XL supposed to be a budget card for high end consumers?

cell_491 said:
3dmark, Hl2 (when oced it about equal), several other games, and obviously it p3wns in doom 3. by the way who here thinks games being developed to favor certain brands of gfx cards is stupid

The only way the cards are close in HL2, is if you play in a low res.

exactly. Stop posting Misinformation, THe X850XT-PE is just a faster card then the Ultra, at high reses, it beats the ultra in nearly every game (except, of course, for doom 3)

cell_491 said:
i love how i never ever insult people on the personal level but other people do it all the time...does it make you feel special to say things like that about people

Let me re-phrase it for you then. You're claims are B.S. When the 6800-Ultra fails to "own" the X800-XT PE, I am pretty sure your lowly 6800-GT can not do it.

What the hell happened to this thread, i had to check what the topic was a couple times just to make sure i was reading the right thread.

Shadow27

same thing with that x800xl agp thread... wtf talking about 9800pros? 9600s? p3wning p3wn shops? ...

Every game is CPU limited to a certain extent.

The fact is, the Ultra and XT/PE are close in a lower res. With a higher res and AA/AF, the XT/PE is as much as 20fps faster.

You would have to have OCed it to past Ultra speeds, which I highly doubt you did.
check my sig man i have my BFG 6800gt OC running 435x1200 the stock ultra runs at 400X1100...i used a modified evga 6800ultra EE bios with 1.5vcore with loose ram timings so i could hit 1200. i also watercooled it though...however it would be possibleto do this oc with a nv5 silencer

cell_491 said:
check my sig man i have my BFG 6800gt OC running 435x1200 the stock ultra runs at 400X1100...i used a modified evga 6800ultra EE bios with 1.5vcore with loose ram timings so i could hit 1200. i also watercooled it though...however it would be possibleto do this oc with a nv5 silencer
Your 6800GT is overclocked pretty far, and in reality it probably does rival the X800XT PE in some games.

The X800XT PE is worse than a 6800Ultra at several games anyways. I don't see why people go nuts when people say the Ultra is better at some things.

the ultra at its native speed is noticeably slower than the x800xt pe but the 6 series are awesome overclockers

GORANKAR said:
p3wn = "to crush, obliterate, and utterly destroy the competition".. If your going to talk l33t.. Do it correctly.. A single 6800gt would have to be overclocked well past ultra speeds to p3wn a x800xt pe in most games.. Overclocked to ultra speeds it will surpass slightly a x800xt pe in some games and be surpassed some in others.. A 6800gt oc'd to ultra speed will maybe p3wn a xtpe in Doom3..
it pwns doom3 stock...even underclocked

there both kickass cards...one of the big thing i like about BFG tech is that they incourage overclocking (just not voltage munipulation)

Ballz2TheWallz said:
Not really.
The higher clocks speeds of the X800XT/PE help it produce frame rates so similar to an ultra that saying an ultra pwns it is just you being a !!!!!!.

Ballz2TheWallz said:

A 6800GT underclocked does not p3wn a x850xt pe, even in doom 3.. You OK with that?..

Read both posts fully.. Thx..

edit: I aint sayin/typing pwns or p3wn again.. I certainly won't try to explain what it means.. Many of the people using the word , "doth know not knoweth whatsoever it meaneth"..

cell_491 said:
i think he was talkin bout the x800xt not the x850xt

Even so, a single stock 6800gt does not beat by any tremendously large margin, a x800xt in D3.. An underclocked one certainly would not.. The benches I've seen have them within a few frames of one another in D3 at stock speed' same settings, When he/she qouted me i was talking about the x800xt pe and the 6800gt

Now if he was talking about the x800pro.. His statement would be fairly valid.. He/She should have said so, were that the case.

my spelling sucks

and again i think he was comparing the 6800U to the x800xt...pretty much all 6800gt's can reach ultra speeds and beyond

cell_491 said:
MUHAHAHAH!!!!...ati blows, lol. and i bet they will cost the same as well

Man....you must have a really small.....er...yeah.

Such hardware !!!!!!ism is pretty damn immature and stupid.

Man....you must have a really small.....er...yeah
Such hardware !!!!!!ism is pretty damn immature and stupid

ohh and you are very mature arent you....grow up :rolleyes:

Back