X800GTO agp any good?

omega-x

2[H]4U
upgrading from a 9600pro@ XT speeds

so far the best ive found in my price range (200) is a vanilla 6800 or the x800GTO at newegg.

only thing that worries me is a review of the x800 saying it fried a power supply.

a) any core specs on it? (dye size, wattage, etc)
b) any cards at or under 200 that offer really good performance AND are power effecient?
c) workin with a 450 watt sparkle, 1700+ @ 2.2ghz/1.6v 1gb ram, 2 HDD's, 2 optical drives, and a sound card. in terms of PSU draw.

You'll be fine. Its a decent card for te money. Both video cards will be a good upgrade for that system.

I don't think they make an agp version.. or atleast they didn't when it came out.

Oh4Sh0 said:
I don't think they make an agp version.. or atleast they didn't when it came out.
They do.

I got the Sapphire card from newegg during Christmas, and pushed right to 550/550. Talk about a sweet overclock. I'm lucky I got one with an R480 core.

jhqb2o.jpg

I have the Sapphire X800GTO also, it's a great card. I did go from a 9600 - it was a massive jump in video quality. You'll be pleased. Oh - I have the AGP version also. How do you tell what core you have for this card?

I have a Sapphire X800GTO2 (PCI-E) coming this week. I downgraded from a 7800GTX so hopefully I don't vomit on my keyboard/monitor/other expensive compontents

What is the other core for the x800gto? I have a sapphire one 2, but it is different from the ones in the pictures. Different HSF and doesent have one of those PSU connector plugs. It is a PCI-E one...

digitalx0 said:
I have a Sapphire X800GTO2 (PCI-E) coming this week. I downgraded from a 7800GTX so hopefully I don't vomit on my keyboard/monitor/other expensive compontents

I just got a sapphire x800 gto2 with vivo from the egg for $208. I got it here, but it only has a r430 core. :( I'm running atitool to see what it'll push to.

got it in.
went from 400/980 to 500/1100 in one shot with ATItool and then played HL2 for an hour stable.

only bitch is that the catalyst control center refuses to load. even after i upgraded .NET 2.0 beta2 to final.

Back