X800 XT-PE $416 and X800 Pro $333 Now Shipping From Dell

pxc said:
That's a bad sign if you only received the acknowledgement and not also the confirmation email. You'll probably have to call.

..............that is TRUE, you will have to call to get your "Order" number as well as your "Customer" number from a rep' there. >>> that is basically what i did cuz after i did the "online-order", by the next day i did not receive any such confirmation of email and just commence to call in and that's when they found out the "online-order" never was made; they took it all over the phone right then and there,(this was on the 16th); within an hour i got this emailing's of my order .......(showing in above post)...........{just to clarify, this is all my Dad's doing, i am in his replacement for right now}......

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 09-07-2004.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.
If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please go to www.support.dell.com or contact us at 1-800-624-9897, extension (66966).

Please include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

thats what I just got :(

God knows I'm a member of the microwave generation myself and waiting drives me nuts.... But two more weeks isn't that much harder to take in order to get an XT-PE for $416. If I hadn't gotten that same email this morning, I was thinking about buying elsewhere. But now I can wait. :D

FastAttack said:
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 09-07-2004.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.
If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please go to www.support.dell.com or contact us at 1-800-624-9897, extension (66966).

Please include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team :(

I got one of those a while back when DVD burners started to hit hte market. I called and cancelled my order because the drive was 4 weeks out. It showed up the next day. They lie. Hopefully for you, they are still lying. :D

mr. Charles said:
..............that is TRUE, you will have to call to get your "Order" number as well as your "Customer" number from a rep' there. >>> that is basically what i did cuz after i did the "online-order", by the next day i did not receive any such confirmation of email and just commence to call in and that's when they found out the "online-order" never was made; they took it all over the phone right then and there,(this was on the 16th); within an hour i got this emailing's of my order .......(showing in above post)...........{just to clarify, this is all my Dad's doing, i am in his replacement for right now}......

Who did you talk to because i called them up and they gave me the run-arround and told me that my order was never placed even though i got the acknoledgement(08-14). Also when i called them up, the told me the price was $617 for the XT-PE. After wasting about 30 mins they ended up telling me to re-order online even though the card is not even on the website anymore :rolleyes: . Guess i missed out :mad:

I had to call and place my order.

Currently, it shows that it is backordered, but I have persistantly checked up on the status with their reps and they have assured me my order will ship on the 26th, which is just two days away. I'll let you know how it goes then.

Btw, I ordered two, and got charged a $50 tax. $25/card. But I coaxed them into giving me free second day shipping.

JestrzPlague said:
I had to call and place my order.

Currently, it shows that it is backordered, but I have persistantly checked up on the status with their reps and they have assured me my order will ship on the 26th, which is just two days away. I'll let you know how it goes then.

Btw, I ordered two, and got charged a $50 tax. $25/card. But I coaxed them into giving me free second day shipping.

my estimated ship date is the 26th as well.. i hope it goes thru.

There are a bunch of people who's orders were supposed to ship before the 26th. If they do become available, their's would ship first, so i wouldnt hold my breath. Let's just all keep our fingers crossed.

csrx said:
There are a bunch of people who's orders were supposed to ship before the 26th. If they do become available, their's would ship first, so i wouldnt hold my breath. Let's just all keep our fingers crossed.

Yeah one being me.. my order was supposed to be out on the 23rd :(

Mine was one of those "should be out the 24th orders" and now look what I got:
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 11-17-2004. :mad:

Well I ordered mine over the phone through my Solution Provider account last week at $428.50 w/ free shipping (still a good deal imo). My order still shows "In Production" with anticipated ship date of 8/27.. I have one of those uneasy feelings in my stomach right now :(

atleast there still taking orders, IMO it is worth the wait for the price...unless your rich and have ooodlles of cash to blow...

Today is the 3rd day of calling dell and to sum it up best...

ANYBODY else becides myself would of lost it and blown their top at Dell today if they had to go through what i did.

I recieved the first acknolegement e-mail and not the confirmation.

I called dell just to get my customer number and purchase ID for tracking purchases.

I spoken to no less than 10 people, given a case number was forwarded and the next person said that was not a valid case number.

Iv been given a customer number then forwarded and the very next person said that number was not a valid case number or customer number.

If i had to guess Dell customer support has wasted 3+ hours of my life.

One thing everyone had in common was none of them could look up my order by phone number/name/address/e-mail

The only people who gave me a sliver of hope was one guy (Tim) in sales (who couldent find my order) knew of the huge backorder and plainly said End of Sept.

And another lady (brandy) in support (who gave me the bad case #) actually was able to find my order by searching by date and time to the second and saw my order. (note everyone else in sales told me they couldent do that afterwards) and she told me Your order is still in "New" status and needs a sales rep' assigned to it to "Pull and process" the order.

And as icing on the cake the last person i spoke to tried to help me reorder it on a new customer number, then basically called me a lier about my price i have on my e-mail when i tried to get them to honor it and wouldent let me e-mail or fax her the e-mail as proof.

For someone who has never scammed another human being in my life i was deeply offended by the way i was treeted with the last person. :(

If theirs any light at the end of the tunnel, what i can tell you, is from an educated guess. Your order is still there in their system, and will be found again once they handel what orders came first in a FIFO process.

I apalogise my first post happens to be a rant in the Hot deals forum, this hapens to be the only forum i read in [H]ardForums and this place is a gold mine, thank you all for all the money you have saved me to date. Im currently writing up my story in better detail but much more straightforward for the Maximum PC watchdog.

Big waist of time. Called for 8 days straight to check status. Was told it was good to go. Was told it was in stock and would arrive as scheduled. 26th comes and at first I was told it was on back order until Oct. 21, then I was told they stopped selling it. Fuck Dell. :)

Gahh.. I just called back.. now it's going to ship tomorrow? wtf? I still hate dell. We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

I also ordered one of these cards earlier this month and I just got a friendly email from Dell that my estimated shipping date has been pushed to November 17th! :mad:

that being that, I bought an X800 Pro VIVO edition from Comp USA and soft modded it to an XT PE without a hitch. she's running at 520/560 with 16 pipelines perfectly. ;)

that being that, I think I'll call the folks at Dell in the morning and tell them to piss off on their November 17th estimated shipping date. :p

ozziegn can you tell me which card the X800 Pro VIVO is? Im looking at compusa.com and cant put my finger on it, a "product number" would help greatly.

warmace said:
ozziegn can you tell me which card the X800 Pro VIVO is? Im looking at compusa.com and cant put my finger on it, a "product number" would help greatly.

the product # is 313030 as shownhere .

its been said that the VIVO edition cards have serial numbers that start with 630430XXXXXX.

You know, I can't say, "Idiots! Quit bumping this!!!" without shooting myself in the foot, but please take this discussion somewhere else.

Viper, list this deal as DEAD! Jebus. :rolleyes:

JestrzPlague said:
Big waist of time...Fuck Dell. :)
You guys kill me. This was obviously a pricing error by Dell, which is why they pulled the page so quickly. Everyone in this thread knew that. Everyone also knew the chances of actually getting this card $180 below MSRP was slim and none, and slim was on life support. It was worth trying to order, yes, but not worth expending time and energy on.

Yet some of you make this a "fuck Dell" thing. Come on people, get some perspective here. Because you can't take advantage of a company's pricing error, they suck?

Uh, OK.

FWIW, I don't really care about Dell. But let's be fair here. I don't blame you for trying, but screaming at Dell or blowing your top at them is infantile.

uclajd said:
Yet some of you make this a "fuck Dell" thing. Come on people, get some perspective here. Because you can't take advantage of a company's pricing error, they suck?

oh bullcrap... give me a break. :rolleyes:

Dell is VERY FAMOUS for selling stuff that they dont or have never had in their possesion and this is just another example of that.

so you cant blame people for getting pissed when their web site has this "usually ships in 5 to 7 days" crap when in all reality they never had the damn cards to begin with.

that being that, I think that Dell deserves every ounce of bitching, moaning and complaining from angry customers who ONCE AGAIN are getting rear-ended from them.

My shipping date is next Friday 9/3.

I said it in the other thread... if you ordered after 8:30PM CST on the 12th, good luck EVER getting the card. By that time this had hit the major deal boards (FW, AT, etc) and your place in line is probably behind several hundred other people. This thread was posted almost 24 hours after it hit the bigger boards. The original thread is in the video card forum and was posted around 2:30PM CST on the 12th.

ATI is having a hard time getting the XT PE out and you can blame Dell if you want, but it's not really Dell's fault.

ozziegn said:
Dell is VERY FAMOUS for selling stuff that they dont or have never had in their possesion and this is just another example of that.
Yet you ordered this from them, and spent blood, sweat, and tears on it even after everyone in the thread said it was a dead deal? :rolleyes:

That faint sound you hear is the world's samllest violin playing Mozart's Requiem. :p

uclajd said:
Yet you ordered this from them, and spent blood, sweat, and tears on it even after everyone in the thread said it was a dead deal? :rolleyes:

umm, before your eyes roll too far back out of your head, you might wanna know what you're talking about because I ordered this card when the deal was first available.

so that being that, I'll give you the " :rolleyes: " right back at you.

That faint sound you hear is the world's samllest violin playing Mozart's Requiem. :p

please, save the tunes for someone who would actually need them.

I have tough skin so I can handle Dell's BS.

we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 09-30-2004.

Please be aware that due to Federal Trade Commission rules, we must have your consent to continue with the order despite the delay. If you do not contact us by 9pm Central Standard Time on 09-07-2004, your order will automatically be cancelled.

Please inform us of your decision to consent or cancel your order by emailing the Dell Notification team at [email protected] or by calling us at 1-877-868-3355.

Please include your customer number or order number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

I guess the wait continues :(

look what I got today :D :D :D

IMG_1963.JPG

now, which one to keep?

Viper87227 said:
Haha....those all from dell? Keep an X800Pro, sell the other 2 (to me ;) )

no, the x800s are from Dell, the 6800 I got from zipzoomfly for $278 shipped - has far cry too :D

Viper87227 said:
So you baught 3 cards to sell 2?

well I bought the 6800 after ordering the x800s and Dell telling me they wouldn't get here until November, the day after I ordered the 6800, Dell says the x800s are on the way

after looking at the benchmarks, I'll probably sell both x800s and keep the 6800

and the reason I ordered 2 x800s in the first place was b/c I had a $30 off $450 coupon

EnderW said:
well I bought the 6800 after ordering the x800s and Dell telling me they wouldn't get here until November, the day after I ordered the 6800, Dell says the x800s are on the way

after looking at the benchmarks, I'll probably sell both x800s and keep the 6800

and the reason I ordered 2 x800s in the first place was b/c I had a $30 off $450 coupon

How much will you be selling them for?

Viper87227 said:
How much will you be selling them for?

not sure, probably just throw 'em on eBay and see what they go for

people on eBay usually pay more then the item is really worth

Back