X800 XT-PE $416 and X800 Pro $333 Now Shipping From Dell

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Damn, X800XT-PE for $416.66. Thats what the pros go for. I woudl be skepticle, but being from dell, it cant be a scam. And there shipping now.... and its the AGP 8x varient, not PCI-E....if the rumors are true, these baddies will be hard to come by soon...yoiu could make a couple hundred on ebay id reckon

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...RC977611&category_id=2999&page=external&s=hea

EDIT: THey also have an X800 Pro for $333.... link below. Phenominal prices

go figure.....i loaded it fine before, its just the link...ill find a better one

im as surprsied as you are on the lack of replies, these are over $100 under what others sell them, and there from dell....its not like dell is gunna do shady business

1) Dell is not shipping the cards right now
2) a similar thread was posted in the video card forum early Thursday afternoon (before it hit fatwallet and anandtech)
3) most likely the orders that were placed after it hit FW and AT will be cancelled since the cards are in such limited supply

I ordered Thursday after the deal was first posted in the video card forum and even my ship date is estimated for 8/23 (which means it's NOT in stock).

After hundreds or thousands of other people have ordered (this hit AT and FW on Thursday night), it's probably going to be a lot longer than that for later orders if the orders are even fulfilled at all.

Try if you want, but don't hold your breath.

pxc said:
1) Dell is not shipping the cards right now
2) a similar thread was posted in the video card forum early Thursday afternoon (before it hit fatwallet and anandtech)
3) most likely the orders that were placed after it hit FW and AT will be cancelled since the cards are in such limited supply

I ordered Thursday after the deal was first posted in the video card forum and even my ship date is estimated for 8/23 (which means it's NOT in stock).

After hundreds or thousands of other people have ordered (this hit AT and FW on Thursday night), it's probably going to be a lot longer than that for later orders if the orders are even fulfilled at all.

Try if you want, but don't hold your breath.

Damn...i saw shipping in 5-7 days and assumed that meant they had the card and there was just a delay in shipping. Also didnt see this in the video card forum....still worth a try though.

wow, talk about ati dropping the ball, they have a inferior product at the moment and even more of a shortage then scarce Nvidia 6800 card. at least they would have some chance of selling their product IF it was available. so sad.

so why does there site say shipping in 5-7 days? Wouldnt that be false advertisment?

PC-HAngover said:
multiply that couple of weeks by 10x

Unless you paid over 800, then you can divide by the number of 100s you go over 800 from your shipping time.

So Estimated Ship Date ( F ) = ( 2 weeks ( L ) * 10 weeks ( T ) ) / ( Amount paid over 800 ( r ) / 100 )

So
L = Lie
T = Truth
R = Rape
F = F.... well you get the picture

UltimaParadox said:
Unless you paid over 800, then you can divide by the number of 100s you go over 800 from your shipping time.

So Estimated Ship Date ( F ) = ( 2 weeks ( L ) * 10 weeks ( T ) ) / ( Amount paid over 800 ( r ) / 100 )

So
L = Lie
T = Truth
R = Rape
F = F.... well you get the picture

what?
:confused:

UltimaParadox said:
Don't like math? :(

Cant stand it...its an act of god that I have gone thru 3 years of high school and never failed a math class....

but, i dont quite understand waht it mathmaticle about truth and lies, and even if your tying poster vs. actual ship dates, its beyond me how you managed to turn rape into a mathmatical figure...

Viper87227 said:
Cant stand it...its an act of god that I have gone thru 3 years of high school and never failed a math class....

but, i dont quite understand waht it mathmaticle about truth and lies, and even if your tying poster vs. actual ship dates, its beyond me how you managed to turn rape into a mathmatical figure...

is just

your actual ship date = 20 / (the amount you paid over 800 / 100 )

So If I bought it for 1000 dollars

10 weeks = 20 / 2

The whole lettering thing is just a joke, since if you paid 1000 bucks you did get "raped"

UltimaParadox said:
is just

10 weeks = 20 / 2

The whole lettering thing is just a joke, since if you paid 1000 bucks you did get "raped"

Ok so....if no one is ugnna pay over $800, where does your math have any relaviece...im trying so hard to understand...

whoops....to late

/dies

UltimaParadox said:
is just

10 weeks = 20 / 2

so anyway....

does this require a dell premier account?

looks to be a good deal, if it works ill have this over a 6800vanilla.

FastAttack said:
I got into the deal.. to bad I had to pay almost $20 in taxes :(

Add on $20 in taxes and its still damn cheaper that anywere else? What card did you ger anyways? Has dell givin you a ship date?

I ordered one, seems to have gone through at this point. Tech support seemed... very interested... I refused to do business with them over the phone. I ordered through the website and avoided the additional taxes and recieved their premier account discount. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

I was in a similar situation about a year ago with the Planar 17" flat panel monitors. They sold for $310 from Dell. My Scheduled ship date was a few days later, but then after almost a month of waiting, i finally got an e-mail saying it would be another 60 days on backorder. So basically i waited 90 days for my monitor. Was it worth it, yeah because the retail on my monitor is still about $500+ a year later from when i purchased it. You just have to decide if it's worth waiting on backorder to get this card for that price.

Viper87227 said:
Add on $20 in taxes and its still damn cheaper that anywere else? What card did you ger anyways? Has dell givin you a ship date?

To View your order status, log in to your Dell account or enter a reference number for your order in the fields below.

View Orders By Reference Number
Order Number: XXXXXX

This information is current as of Tuesday, August 17, 2004.Delayed Items

Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.

SKU: <> A0370414 Quantity: 1
Description: <> RADEON X800 PRO 256MB AGP

then the email

Your order was placed on: 8/15/2004
Estimated Ship Date: 8/24/2004
Shipped via: Ground

When the Radeon 8500 64MB DDR was the top notch card in performance and the Ti4200 hadn't hit the streets yet, Dell did the exact same thing.

They were selling the card for $199 when everybody else had it for $279-$299.
I did order the card, and waited NO LESS THAN 3 months to get the thing. Then, other people who ordered after me started receiving theirs and the excuse customer support gave was that "Dell ships from different warehouses to service different areas".

oh yeah, and they gave me a ship date after about a week for a month later, then they pushed the ship date back another 6 weeks. It actually did arrive one week before the updated ship date. (which was about a 3 month wait)
Needless to say, I will NEVER be buying a "hot-deal" from dell again. Good thing my 2001fp purchase actually turned out good and has very few bad pixels.

J Macker said:
When the Radeon 8500 64MB DDR was the top notch card in performance and the Ti4200 hadn't hit the streets yet, Dell did the exact same thing.

They were selling the card for $199 when everybody else had it for $279-$299.
I did order the card, and waited NO LESS THAN 3 months to get the thing. Then, other people who ordered after me started receiving theirs and the excuse customer support gave was that "Dell ships from different warehouses to service different areas".

oh yeah, and they gave me a ship date after about a week for a month later, then they pushed the ship date back another 6 weeks. It actually did arrive one week before the updated ship date. (which was about a 3 month wait)
Needless to say, I will NEVER be buying a "hot-deal" from dell again. Good thing my 2001fp purchase actually turned out good and has very few bad pixels.

I think this would be a very smart purchase if you dont mind the wait. For someone who has like a 9800Pro, and wants to upgrade. THe card still performs fine, and at these prices, theres no reason to order one and wait...it willl be worth it in the end....it would be about $100 more for each card elsewhere, just to get it immeaditly...

mine still showing backorder.. the original reciept I should expect it on the 24th to be shipped.

anyone know how I can check the status of my order? I don't have the order number or anything

EnderW said:
anyone know how I can check the status of my order? I don't have the order number or anything
That's a bad sign if you only received the acknowledgement and not also the confirmation email. You'll probably have to call.

welp, so far as of now, 12:00 AM 08/23/2004, this is what is showing for here:

..... My Account ..... My Order Status

To View your order status, log in to your Dell account or enter a reference number for your order in the fields below.

View Orders By Reference Number
Order Number: XXXXXXXXX

This information is current as of Monday, August 23, 2004.Delayed Items

Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.

SKU: <> A0381920 Quantity: 1
Description: <> Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

.....................guess i will half to wait and see for now, ( for later in the day time), if this is a joke or ?????

Nexx said:
wow, talk about ati dropping the ball, they have a inferior product at the moment and even more of a shortage then scarce Nvidia 6800 card. at least they would have some chance of selling their product IF it was available. so sad.

I personally got so tired of waiting to get one a good price (500 would have been just fine with me) i went ahead and bought a 6800 Ultra ..not that its a bad card but i guess i am a Ati fan boy at heart *sigh*

Back