x800 xl vs. 6800 GT

From a pure potential ability the 6800GT is better
From a bang for buck the x800xl is better.

Thread done...

-tReP

If your going PCI-E, the 6800NU PCI-E can't be unlocked.

If you have that budget ($315) the X800XL is the bes for you

If you are going AGP, you can still get an XL, or you can get a 6800NU. Just remember, the NU isn't %100 unlockable, you should by a card for what it CAN do, not what it might do.

or, if you can scrape up a few more dollars, and are going AGP:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-073&depa=1

is pretty good. More then $315, but if you can afford it, it's pretty worth it.

Theres always the XL though:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-521&depa=1

But for PCI-E, the best choice is the XL, for AGP, the best choice is to save a few bucks, and get the XFX 6800GT

check the hotdeals section, if ur going agp, outpost has the 6800gt for 299

quality should be the same as everyone else's..and I heard thier RMA process is pretty darn fast too....but for 299..who can passs this up hehe

There are alot of complaints of PNY capacitors going bad. Just do a forum search. Whenever a price seems too good to be true, there is a reason.

I did a search and it seems that just the GF4 generation of PNY cards had bad caps. BUT if you do find something on bad caps in the latest cards, then plz speak up cause I might go for this card.

I believe XL's are ONLY PCI-E if you stay AGP you have to go PRO and stick with 12 pipes for dollar to dollar comparison.
EDIT - saw link and guess I am WRONG!!!!1 :(

AintSkerd said:
I believe XL's are ONLY PCI-E if you stay AGP you have to go PRO and stick with 12 pipes for dollar to dollar comparison.
EDIT - saw link and guess I am WRONG!!!!1 :(

there are AGP X800XLs for about $319

I have personally had both serveral times and I for sure say that the xl has better performance hands down.I am not a !!!!!! at all.I have been back and forth over the years.I think ati with the xl just runs games smoother more efficently......

go for the 6800GT. faster, more features, more future proof. it will last you longer and is usually no more than $30 more than an x800xl.

tranCendenZ said:
go for the 6800GT. faster, more features, more future proof. it will last you longer and is usually no more than $30 more than an x800xl.

Depends on if he goes AGP or PCI-E

Back