X79 Canadian pricing

That is actually cheaper than X58 when they first came out...but still not sure if it's neccessary to upgrade from a hex-core X58 platform...

Remember this is Canadian dollars. The exchange rate would make that 342 CAD = 335 USD

Not much difference.

I think the GB UD7 is supposed to be the Direct competitor with the Rampage IV so I bet the Rampage IV is going to be around 375-395usd

Idk some of those boards that have been previewed look like some 14 year old designed them. Doubt I'd be willing to spend that kind of cash today for a board that looks like it should come with directions on how to get to park place.

Idk some of those boards that have been previewed look like some 14 year old designed them. Doubt I'd be willing to spend that kind of cash today for a board that looks like it should come with directions on how to get to park place.

the board could automatically play "baby" by justin beiber on startup and i'd still get it. JUST GIVE ME PCI-E 3.0!!!

TBH the pricing some of the higher end models is not as bad as I thought it would be, BUT I still want to see some boards in the sub $200 range.

Asus ROG will be $400 - $500 I think based on the Sabertooths pricing.

If Intel wasnt so greedy about their chipsets all of these boards would have been $20 cheaper. :mad:

I hear that a lot about Intel chipset pricing but the last I saw on real world pricing for chipsets and what separated a $300 motherboard from a $150 motherboard was about a $40 price increase on the actual chipset itself. Go figure how going from a $40 chip to an $80 chip can justify increasing the cost of the motherboard by $150. It seems to me there is a lot of greed on the part of the OEM's pumping out these boards, there math consists of if we pay twice the price for a chip than you ought to pay twice the price for the entire board.

And no I don't work for Intel but sure would like to hear some (un)official confirmation on what they are charging as a premium for there chips now.

Asus ROG will be $400 - $500 I think based on the Sabertooths pricing.:

+1

I'm betting Newegg will have the R4E for $450-$499. I hope its at $399, and might be for the first hour, but based on past ROG releases I'm think the will be much higher.

I've read NDA will be lifted at 00:01 PST tonight/tomorrow at a couple of places. I also read a source yesterday, that seemed to be in the know, that stated the NDA will be lifted at 07:00 PST tomorrow. We'll soon see.

Back