x6 and Nforce chipsets?

Omegas

[H]F Junkie
My M3A78 didn't make the cut for the new x6 MB's so I'm stuck using my M3N78-VM instead. Just got everything installed, booted up fine, OS on and all happy with my new 6 cores. But, I've not had any luck finding out if the Nforce boards support the turbo feature or not. I've tried loading up different core amounts with no success of changing the multiplier, so as of now I assume not.

check your BIOS, there should be an option in there to enable/disable turbocore....

Chances are not good for this.AOD will not work I would dought nvidia would support

I have a CPB (core performance boost) with an enabled/disabled/auto settings and have tried all three modes. No change so far on the Multi.

Just to make sure I'm checking correctly, here is my test method. I'm running CPUID to check my stepping and voltage, using Prime95 and doing a torture test, going into taskmanager and setting the affinity to specific amount of cores (tried 1, 2, or 3 active cores only. Let me know if this is incorrect.

Core Performance Boost should be Turbo. I don't know if it will kick in at 100% load across 3 cores but it should have when you did the 1 / 2 core test. Did you open up 6 instances of CPUID?

Your attempt got me thinking. I have a SN78SH7 (8200m board) that would be handy to put a 1055T in. But Shuttle hasn't updated the BIOS since 7/2009. :(

Core Performance Boost should be Turbo. I don't know if it will kick in at 100% load across 3 cores but it should have when you did the 1 / 2 core test. Did you open up 6 instances of CPUID?

Thx for the heads up, didn't know you could select specific cores on CPUid. Checked again and still no go on any of the 6 cores reguardless of the cores being used. But now I can go back and recheck with different BIOS settings to see if I messed up something there.

Just a heads up, swapped over to CoreTemp for testing and the multi has been swapping to 16.5x. It seems that CPUid just wasn't showing it for some reason.

Back